Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #1
Maroman69

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible
Please Help Top wont lower/trunk wont open in my 2017 Camaro Convertible

Seemingly out of nowhere my car started giving me the "Top Not Secure" message 2 days ago when I tried to open the trunk.

It says the convertible top will only open manually now, has anyone had this issue and if so, is there a fix for this

I tried using the key on the Fob to open the trunk behind the driver seat but the key wont turn!!!

If anyone knows or have had this problem Please help!!!!
Maroman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #2
wardbg

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Use the emergency trunk escape release.

I had a similar situation where I couldn't get the trunk open on my 2014 model. If you can raise the top, you should be able to reach into the trunk through the opening behind the rear seats and pull the emergency escape handle that's near the center of the trunk lid. Then you can see if there's anything amiss. Also, pulling that handle doesn't do anything permanent. You can re-set it on the latch mechanism. I had the same problem with the key on the side in the back. It turned out that my trunk lid latch was jammed and I had to have it replaced. I hope this helps.
wardbg is offline   Reply With Quote