Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #43
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
So when did you say you could help me design mine? Lol
Old 10-09-2016, 09:27 AM   #44
Machinehead

Drives: 2012 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Yes, this project is over the top. I'm 69 yrs old and is my last project. I wanted this right. It turned out nice and is still a work in progress. I have funwith it. Thanks for the compliments.
hahahahaha last project lol ok that's what they all say
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:15 AM   #45
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I know, I know, it's in the blood!!! Yes, I am still have a ton of fun but as long as I don't get in a wreck with this puppy, it will be a work in progress. Still have a lot of ideas on the drawing board to implement, so that will keep me busy for a while!!
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #46
Jabeyta21

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
I know, I know, it's in the blood!!! Yes, I am still have a ton of fun but as long as I don't get in a wreck with this puppy, it will be a work in progress. Still have a lot of ideas on the drawing board to implement, so that will keep me busy for a while!!
Hows it goin, Im hopin your still around to help me as im a lil stuck. I had some delays on my turbo but now im officially on it! Ive got all my charge pipe mocked up n im figuring out how im going to mount my turbo in the back exactly but wat i really need help with is the oil. Now i kno you had told me how you installed your oil cooler but im wondering if you can tell me how you supplied oil to your turbos in the back? Did you tap the block? Did you use the oil pressure sensor? Or somethin else? I cant seem to find the T-fitting that came with the sts kit that allows you to tap into the oil pressure sensor and allows you to run it from there. Also where did you mount your scanvenge pump? I just cant seem to find where it was put on the kit. Thank you again i really appreciate all your help!

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk
Jabeyta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:51 AM   #47
alice

You need the T-fitting from STS to tap the oil supply from where the oil pressure sensor is mounted. I mounted the oil scavenge pump in the center at the very rear of the car. Try to be sure the oil pump pick up inlet is a bit lower than the turbo oil drain. I hung the turbochargers from the existing muffler hangers in the rear. Never had any issues in 6 years. Hope this helps.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #48
Jabeyta21

Quote:
You need the T-fitting from STS to tap the oil supply from where the oil pressure sensor is mounted. I mounted the oil scavenge pump in the center at the very rear of the car. Try to be sure the oil pump pick up inlet is a bit lower than the turbo oil drain. I hung the turbochargers from the existing muffler hangers in the rear. Never had any issues in 6 years. Hope this helps.
Do you happen to have any idea how i could find that fitting? Rick at STS never got back to me.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:26 PM   #49
alice

Too my knowledge, he is the only supplier. You might try a local hydraulics supplier but you would need to take the oil pressure sensor with you.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:07 PM   #50
Jabeyta21

Quote:
Too my knowledge, he is the only supplier. You might try a local hydraulics supplier but you would need to take the oil pressure sensor with you.
Apparenty the oil pressure sensor uses -6 an. So now im lookimg for a universal t fitting that will fit that. I just dont kno if they mean its -6 an on the thread itself or for the t fitting. Ive heard -an thread is different for bolts and fittings??

Old 11-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #51
alice

I think you are correct. 6an which also can be used with an O ring. However, you will need 2 fittings to accomplish this. One fitting will be the 6an with an O ring that screws into the OEM casting where the sensor went, then a second fitting that attaches to the first and provides the tee portion. There are a number of ways to accomplish this but the simplest is to persist to get STS to sell you their fitting.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #52
Jabeyta21

Quote:
I think you are correct. 6an which also can be used with an O ring. However, you will need 2 fittings to accomplish this. One fitting will be the 6an with an O ring that screws into the OEM casting where the sensor went, then a second fitting that attaches to the first and provides the tee portion. There are a number of ways to accomplish this but the simplest is to persist to get STS to sell you their fitting.
Ya im givin up on rick but your advice is wat i needed anyways. I was stuck figuring out the part you just explained. I wasnt sure if i could get a t fitting that went into the sensor location or if i needed that o ring adapter. Now i kno i need both. Thank you

Old 11-28-2017, 10:33 AM   #53
alice

I checked the casting and it is NOT a 6an. It is close but it is metric with an O ring. STS supplies (2) fittings that allow you to do this and I would continue to bother them until they can send you what you need. Call them. Otherwise, you will have to find a good hydraulics repair shop and have them find the fittings for this project.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:55 PM   #54
Jabeyta21

Quote:
I checked the casting and it is NOT a 6an. It is close but it is metric with an O ring. STS supplies (2) fittings that allow you to do this and I would continue to bother them until they can send you what you need. Call them. Otherwise, you will have to find a good hydraulics repair shop and have them find the fittings for this project.
Thanks for double checking for me! Well if that's the case do you by chance know if its "close enough". Reason I ask is while looking through all this I found some forums by PT_ Killa I believe his name was and he did multiple different turbo builds on his car and he's the one that's claiming that it is a 6 an. So do you think maybe it was close enough that when he bolted his in it still sealed?

Old 11-28-2017, 06:30 PM   #55
alice

A 6an fitting will only screw in about a thread and a half because the thread pitch is metric and as far as the O-ring seal I can't be sure about that. I just don't see why STS cannot sell you a fitting if you tell them you have an STS kit. That would solve this whole issue.

Last edited by alice; 11-28-2017 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #56
Jabeyta21

Quote:
A 6an fitting will only screw in about a thread and a half because the thread pitch is metric and as far as the O-ring seal I can't be sure about that. I just don't see why STS cannot sell you a fitting if you tell them you have an STS kit. That would solve this whole issue.
He finally did reply n he wants 95 plus shipping. As opposed to a couple fittings that are 10-20 each. I spoke with Pt_killa n he said that 6 an worked for sure on his LLT and im pretty sure the lfx uses the same oil filter assembly. Im thinkin i might just order the -6an straight cut o-ring fitting he was saying and just seeing if it fits since its 8$