Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #29
_Z28

Drives: Pewter Z/28
Doubt you could beat a 4th gen camaro, let alone a c6 vette.
_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #30
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
4 speed auto work really well for drag racing, but it sucks form certain roll on speeds.
I forget the exact bad spot speeds (we called them dead zones). Some where around 40 mph if I remember. You get stuck at a low rpm in 2nd gear and the car's a dog.

The 6 speed auto does a much better job (still not perfect) of dealing with these dead spots.
I don't know since I don't have an auto, and haven't driven either version of the auto C6. I can only go on feedback from corvette forums. But I would think the huge drop in gearing between 1st and 2nd on the 4 speed auto would pull you too far out of your power band, at least compared to the 6 speed verison. In stock form that is.

The only time where I've really seen fewer gear ratios work better on the strip are on massive horsepower/torque engine builds. But of course I would defer to someone who actually has driven both versions of the auto.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #31
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberGreyls3 View Post
That's a good point, I forgot about that one. They were 4spd auto's until 06, when they got the option for the paddle shifters..

Hey Rock, I nice z06! I was planning on buying a Lemans Blue C6 Z, until I got a little suprise from the wife one morning telling me she was pregnant..I was literally on the phone with a guy from Texas making arrangements to buy it and pick it up..lol..So then, I needed something that could "legally" fit a baby seat..so I went with the SS....
I guess I'll have to keep wrtiting my Congressman until IL allows me to put a baby seat in the front seat of a 2 seater..lol...
Thanks, that sucks about the law, since I think most places are okay with the child seat as long as the passenger airbag is or can be turned off. Needless to say I don't put our 14 month old in the vette either so I understand. I'm trying to hold on to the C6Z as long as possible despite impracticality of two-seats.

Lemans blue is an awesome color, the best C6 color IMHO. The only color to come close is the new Night Race Blue.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
MikeLA2011ss

Drives: 2011 TT 416ci Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 View Post
vette....no question
I disagree, with a tune, slick, intake and delete( considering a good track driver you would win.
MikeLA2011ss is offline   Reply With Quote