Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
BlackRaptor

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra, 07 G6 GT
Does the size of dealership have any effect on orders getting processed?

This may be a stupid question but does the size of the dealer have any effect on orders. For instance if a huge dealer moves 10,000 cars a year and a small dealer moves 1000 cars a years will GM get the orders pushed to the larger money making dealers quicker than the little guys?
I'm guessing this has zero bases on anything but i figured i would ask.

Very close to ordering now within 3 weeks. I just wish GM had a better number to base my order time off of. if it's 4-6 weeks I won't be ready for it in 4-6 weeks but 8 to 10 I'll have time to get a few other little toys sold and be ready for it.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Yes, it is the single most important factor. Some dealers have received a dozen cars already. Mine has not received their first.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
No one knows the GM Logic. It's not Vulcan that's 4 sure (Vulcan would of filled the pre orders first).

It's chaos right now.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
size does matter
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro4me View Post
size does matter
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Order - Delivery timeframe

I orderd my Camaro 2 weeks ago in Fort Worth, my salesman didn't know any timeframe as to when I'd get it (and wouldn't "guess") ... I've talked to two other people that placed orders about the same time I did at different dealers in the DFW area & they were told delivery times of Sept to Oct...so, I'm guessing if you won't be ready for your car for 8 to 10 weeks, then it'd be ok to go ahead & order it now.

I'm not expecting mine til late summer or early fall. That way, if it DOES come in sooner, I'll be thrilled & if it doesn't, I won't be disapointed. I'm just waiting.

I have my salesman call me EVERYTIME one comes in (they've had 4 now), so I can go ogle it.

Lynn
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Your Camaro Production Guide number was developed based on two factors: (1) on your Chevrolet retail sales (both cars and trucks) over the twelve months ending August 2008; and (2) Mustang registrations for the twelve months ending June 2008 in your DMA.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaptor View Post
This may be a stupid question but does the size of the dealer have any effect on orders. For instance if a huge dealer moves 10,000 cars a year and a small dealer moves 1000 cars a years will GM get the orders pushed to the larger money making dealers quicker than the little guys?
I'm guessing this has zero bases on anything but i figured i would ask.

Very close to ordering now within 3 weeks. I just wish GM had a better number to base my order time off of. if it's 4-6 weeks I won't be ready for it in 4-6 weeks but 8 to 10 I'll have time to get a few other little toys sold and be ready for it.
Yup, it does. A dealership that does more sales volume will be allocated more Camaros. I am not sure how many per month is a lot or a decent amount. I have heard some small dealers by me are only allowed 2 allocation a month. That seems low. This is why I ordered at a large dealership.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
I wouldn't be surprised.

My wife was the first allocation at our dealership. We ordered on Oct 13th and our car is supposed to be in production this week.....

So far our dealer only has their v6 dealer car.... that's it. We are still waiting ...... and we were #1 !!!!!!!!

And yes, we are at a pretty small dealership, they only had an allocation of 4 cars.

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
My order is allocation #8 of 10 at my dealership. I ordered in late April, scheduled for build in the 2nd week of June, and expect to get my car around the start of July. I've gotten the impression from these forums that that's an unusually quick turnaround.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
BlackRaptor

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra, 07 G6 GT
So size does matter. Also sounds like i'm safe to place my order in the next week or so.
Thanks for the info guys.
Just gotta see who's going to give me the best trade on the ol G6. even if i have to wait all summer will be nice to least know it's on it's way.
Going to suck though if it shows in late Oct and starts snowing right away stupid thing will sit all winter after that long wait. might have to take a vacation down south and drive it mid winter just to get out and enjoy it haha
Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Wisc camaro

Drives: 1SS Victory Red
Yes it does matter. I ordered from a very small dealer in December and am #1 in allocation but sit at 3000 for 5+weeks. The dealer got the "your fired letter" so who knows if that will also play into the build date, if there actually will be one
Wisc camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
I wouldn't be surprised.

My wife was the first allocation at our dealership. We ordered on Oct 13th and our car is supposed to be in production this week.....

So far our dealer only has their v6 dealer car.... that's it. We are still waiting ...... and we were #1 !!!!!!!!

And yes, we are at a pretty small dealership, they only had an allocation of 4 cars.
Yeah, I am # 1 at my dealer as well. My car will be the first car after the dealer show car. My car was shipped last week, so I should hopefully have it this week.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #14
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
I wouldn't be surprised.

By any chance did you order from Boardwalk in RWC? I would be interested in hearing about the pricing they are guaranteeing you and the whole process. I'm holding out, as best I can, for the vert. But if should something major change either with the vert or my daily driver then I may switch and order a coupe. So would be nice to have the dealership dilemna worked out.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote