Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Did the dealership turn my rear O2's off?

When the Chevy dealer blew my motor up and GM paid for a new one, I asked the service manager if he'd install my Kooks and high-Flo cats since the motor and cradle was dropped. He said sure, he didn't mind at all. He's a mod friendly dude.

The mechanic dropped the old motor, installed the new motor and mounted up my headers and cats and installed a few other things for me as well.

When I got the paprwork back the bottom says something about a CEL then it says something about "adjusting" or "Tuning" it.

It's been 5800 miles and no CEL.

Of course I can't find the paperwork now but I'm curious.
Nutro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
With headers you gotta tune the car. Call your dealer and see if they got it tuned.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
No, they cant.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
A dealer can only flash a factory tune into the ECU unless they have aftermarket software. Doesn't sound like they have it. You'll get a CEL soon enough.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #5
Alot9439

Drives: 2SS RS
They just turned off your rear O2 sensors. I just had a new motor put in by the dealer about a month ago (had the headers, CAI, and exhaust installed on the new engine) and they did call me after the install and told me they would gladly turn off my Cel by "aftermarket tuning" I am quoting here I paid 200 dollars for that too. So it does seem plausible. if it makes any difference mine was a L99 I am not touching my engine for a while since I got a power train warranty on it and going out of pocket again would lead me to jump ship
Alot9439 is offline   Reply With Quote