Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM   #99
Tom@ARH

Drives: 2003 Corvette ZO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletSS View Post
OOOOOO! very nice....what exhaust setup you gonna run with it?

We used the stock exhaust

looks necked down at the end to 2.5"??? i would keep mine at 3" with some mufflers and tips....just me tho
This is so it will connect properly to the stock axleback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amwellls1 View Post
Can't wait to see price, what mufflers did they run?
Price will be posted later this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyottboy View Post
street legal?
Depends on the state

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Just because they offer cats doesnt mean that they are street legal.

IE: If it doesnt have a CARB number it wont be legal in CA. Hell, it wont even pass the sniffer test WITH the cats on it there.
It's true all long tube systems are not technically street legal it really depends on your state and their testing procedures. Most states don't do sniffer on obd2 cars just computer scan no codes= pass the codes are usually taken care of by your preffered tuner.
Tom@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #100
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC View Post
Very good looking system and great HP gains. Were these gains with the 1 7/8" headers? If so, have you dyno tested with the 1 3/4" also and what were the results? Any dyno graphs available for us to see?
These were done with 1-7/8 primaries we did not make pulls with a 1-3/4 setup this car was trailed to us from the dealer before the owner took possesion we promised not to drive it other than to test the system there was no need to wring it out with another set. Once guys start installing them you will see where the other sizes shine HP wise. Dyno graph just posted in new thread with installed pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
Legal in Virginia? :[
I'm not familar with Virginia's laws sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedCherry View Post
I am sure these are stupid questions but I am new at this.

1) Any sound clip or video with audio to hear what these sound like?
2) Will they work on the automatic (L99?)?
No such thing as stupid questions no sound clip there was'nt time we did'nt have a video cam,era handy and we were on a real tight time frame. And they will definately work on an auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
Are those CAT's inbetween the O2 bungs? They seem very small if so.

Those are the cats we use they are made by an OEM supplier and are nearly bulletproof. They are 200 cell metalic matrix cats the highest flowing cats currently available with this kind of durability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
From what I understand, it is illegal to mess with the CATS, i.e., can't move them. I don't see how this would not be considered moving the CATS, therefore, fail inspection if the inspector takes the time to visually examine the underside.
other than Cali. most places tend to be pretty leniat concerning a visual inspection especially on a brand new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
AWESOME GAINS! To the OP's post earlier - where the pipes neck down to about 2.5'-inches is the merge collectors ARH use. QTP is the only other major company I know of that use these collectors standard. These promote scavanging of the exhaust by keeping the velocity of the gases as high as possible. Kooks has something similar on many of their LTs, but they're not quite as good, from the looks of them (they have true high velocity merge collectors for an additional cost though for some models, last I checked). Anyhoo, these are great gains! I didn't really think they'd be this high, but considering the numbers - WOW! Has ARH mentioned if they are going to offer additional sizes and stepped primaries for the 5th Gen too?
I believe the OP was talking about the connection area at the rear,to the axleback but you are correct that high velocity merge collectors are standard on this system as well as all our other systems because they work there is no cost spared to bring you the best system possible. We will be doing primaries in 1-3/4, 1-7/8 and 2" we can do steps in those sizes also I doubt many will need a 2" header for quite awhile though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSINSTR View Post
So is it OK to run long tubes w/o a tune? I know it would benefit from a tune but it was my understanding that to compensate for the better breathing a tune was necessary with LT's. Oh and great looking headers, a set just might be in my future
You can drive without a tune without hurting anything but you will be down on power and will more than likely see a CEL for cat efficeincy(sp)
Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #101
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 CAMARO SS RS View Post
can you put a drive by, a launch, and an in car video? i really want to hear it because i was considering stainless works headers.
We will have another car coming soon we'll try and get video then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amwellls1 View Post
How much?
pricing will be available next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyottboy View Post
Any chance you will make this system with a H pipe?
As of now I doubt it but if demand is great enough who knows the X-pipe makes better power and is easier to package in this car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad2000z View Post
Sooo....no before and after dyno #'s? I'm guessing stock it made 355-365rwhp? Which would mean now it makes 405-415 rwhp with just headers and a tune? Please elaborate.
Dyno graph posted in new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Just wondering if these are gonna be ceramic coated.are if they can be by ARH
You can get them coated of course but we don't push it because it's not needed
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #102
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Best part of a good stainless header is the beautiful copper color they turn after some heat cycles!
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #103
Chuckroast

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Cyber Grey
Do these headers void the factory warranty? My dealer says they do....
Chuckroast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM   #104
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckroast View Post
Go to a different dealer. Its all up to that dealers warranty man if certain mods void the warranty at that dealership.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #105
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckroast View Post
Chuck, You are not tampering with the engine internally. I've yet to see a dealer not honor a warantee due to an exhaust upgrade.

Nick
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #106
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
My dealer didn't for my car, though, he didn't like 'em. Unless they are directly related to a problem, I doubt you should have trouble. The only trouble I can forsee is the warranty on the tires

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #107
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Best part of a good stainless header is the beautiful copper color they turn after some heat cycles!

Some people actually don't like that,I love it also
Old 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #108
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
These fit the L99 automatic?
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM   #109
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Yes, this is designed to fit neatly onto either manul or auto,

But I am sure Tom will chime in here and back me up.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #110
Tom@ARH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
Yes they will
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #111
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
I hope this hasn't already been answered but will these headers not pass CA smog? and also, do exhaust diverters work well with these or will it lose effectiveness of the headers?

thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #112
Tom@ARH

no long tube will pass on paper but peolpe have done it. to pass cali any mod needs a c.a.r.b. number. I would ask others in your area with mods how they pass an go from there