Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
PoorCollegeKid

Drives: 95 Buick Centry (gross)
Cloth or Leather?

I have been debating what type of interior I should get in my Camaro when the time comes but I have a few question for all of you out there. Every car I have owned has had cloth interior so that is what I am used to. I was just wondering what you all see as the positives and negatives of both cloth and leather interiors? Thanks!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
I love love love the seat warmers, so i would vote leather all the way. plus, i dont really like the pattern of the cloth in the camaro, but a lot of people dont like leather, its basically personal preference. It also depends on how the leather wears five years down the road, some leather seats look great 10 years later, some look bad after 2. We will just have to wait and see. Cloth usually looks better longer, unless you get a stain, and then the advantage is back to the leather side.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I used to have cars that had cloth. It was fine. But, my last car (a Toyota Highlander) came in various versions and I wanted the one with the best sound system and that version came with leather. I love it!

When I ordered my Camaro, I wanted again the best stereo and the ambient lighting and that meant 2SS which comes with leather. I really like it! I found it looks even nicer since I applied a good coat of Adam's leather and interior conditioner to it.

I thought leather would be sticky and hot in summer, but it's not.

It's really personal preference. Have you gone to your dealer to look at both interiors? I'd suggest you do that.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
PoorCollegeKid

Drives: 95 Buick Centry (gross)
Yeah, I've looked at both and I LOVE the way leather looks, but honestly I don't think that the cloth looks any less wonderful. I figure that since I will spend the majority of my time inside the car (as it will be my daily driver) and not outside gawking at it that I need to make the cloth/leather decision perfect. Basically, it comes down to choose cloth which I am familiar with, or take a chance with leather which I think looks very nice. Win/Win either way.... just VERY hard to decide!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #5
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I'd love to see what a custom cloth interior done up like the inferno orange leather interior would look like. I love my IOM too much to have had cloth seats. I think for longevity cloth is probably better than the leather. I bought a used dodge dakota to run in bad weather/winter and it is 12 years old but the cloth seats look like new.
Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
leather all the way.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Love our leather interior..granted it is highly upgraded from stock..LOL
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #8
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi1922 View Post
I love love love the seat warmers, so i would vote leather all the way. plus, i dont really like the pattern of the cloth in the camaro, but a lot of people dont like leather, its basically personal preference. It also depends on how the leather wears five years down the road, some leather seats look great 10 years later, some look bad after 2. We will just have to wait and see. Cloth usually looks better longer, unless you get a stain, and then the advantage is back to the leather side.
Love those seat warmers on cold mornings
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
KnightRider

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6
My only complain about my leather seats are the "butt print". After a while the leather seems stretched and separated from the foam underneath. Anyone knows what I mean?
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:43 PM   #10
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
My only complain about my leather seats are the "butt print". After a while the leather seems stretched and separated from the foam underneath. Anyone knows what I mean?
GM is known for using cheap leather..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Leather. Freeze the nuts in winter and burn the short and curlys in the summer. I love the cloth. I have the lighter grey inserts. I Scotchguarded the crap out of it when i got it. No worries.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #12
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I never thought I wanted leather until I bought a Galant GTS in 2004. It was another one of those "take the leather to get the other options" deals. I fell in love with it very quickly. And the heated seats were as good as a massage at times...well...almost as good.
I didnt even consider cloth again when I traded for my RS. I gave it a good application of Meguiars Leather Protectant this weekend.
tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #13
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Leather! Absolutely love it! Heated butt is awesome too.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
Rocketright

Drives: 2006 Acura RSX - S
Leather for sure, great after swimming... and comfy.

To bad it isn't an option for the 1LT.
Rocketright is offline   Reply With Quote