Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #43
insertjjs

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro
2010 LT camaro manual transmission
Clutch blew after only 2700 miles on the Odometer. Mainly highway miles.

been driving stick shifts since 2004 in a jeep wrangler(until it burst into flames after a new fuel pump was installed) and I have been driving conservatively.
Luckily I managed to get home before the clutch went totally french!
But at least the repairs were quick <72 hours.

and I am not a mustang fan boy. driven both and definately prefer the Camaro
insertjjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #44
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
I noticed a some shifting problems one day last week but didn't think anything of it...difficult to shift. I hadn't driven her since then I went out to take Lola for a spin last night and I found quickly that the clutch was spongy and would engage the transmission immediately at the bottom upon release. Between this, the starter spinning and the thin paint I am a little disheartened. I have babied her (garage queen) and she only has 5k very softly driven miles after a year.

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #45
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I am at 30000 km second clutch. The first time the plate went, wasn't properly screwed in ... As far as I know that is not a driver problem and I got the paperwork to prove it .. Can't find a dealership to do a proper diagnostic and tell me wtf is wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Lola View Post
I noticed a some shifting problems one day last week but didn't think anything of it...difficult to shift. I hadn't driven her since then I went out to take Lola for a spin last night and I found quickly that the clutch was spongy and would engage the transmission immediately at the bottom upon release. Between this, the starter spinning and the thin paint I am a little disheartened. I have babied her (garage queen) and she only has 5k very softly driven miles after a year.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #46
augustst8607

Drives: stage 2 cam, catch can, long tubes,
3yrs or 36k miles bumper to bumper ( clutch is included) even flaws in paint.
augustst8607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #47
Ladyrider

Drives: Victory Red w/white stripes 2SS/RS
Warranty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustst8607 View Post
3yrs or 36k miles bumper to bumper ( clutch is included) even flaws in paint.
So my car is jumping really bad coming out of 1st gear, took it into the dealer and the guy made me sign that it would cost me 99.95 for them to look at it and only if it's a warranty issue will I not have to pay for that. I said well it only has 13k on it, how would it not be a warranty issue and he told me the clutch isn't covered under warranty after first year 12k miles!!! I am pissed...hopefully it's not the clutch but regardless I was told I had 3 year 36k bumper to bumper...was never informed it didn't cover certain items! Not a happy GM customer tonight.
Ladyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #48
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Like I said, it was just something my dealer had heard about, figure I'd run it by everyone.[/QUOTE]

Just for thought, that if I was selling a product (like a Camaro) and came across a rumor about that product, I would do all I could to verify with the engineers, mechanics and other experts, so I could be confident in my response when posed with such a question with the knowledge that it has no merrit. Perpetuating a rumor is just a sign of ignorance.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #49
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrider View Post
So my car is jumping really bad coming out of 1st gear, took it into the dealer and the guy made me sign that it would cost me 99.95 for them to look at it and only if it's a warranty issue will I not have to pay for that. I said well it only has 13k on it, how would it not be a warranty issue and he told me the clutch isn't covered under warranty after first year 12k miles!!! I am pissed...hopefully it's not the clutch but regardless I was told I had 3 year 36k bumper to bumper...was never informed it didn't cover certain items! Not a happy GM customer tonight.
Email Corporate GM and let them know this dealship is misrepresenting thier product and it's warrantee. See what happens! If you just take it, then nothing will ever change.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #50
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrider View Post
That dealer is a crook. Find another dealer and tell them your problem and see what they say about it. I bet they are more helpful.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #51
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Ladyrider, I'm sorry to hear about how things went for you at your dealer. In my dealings with my local dealers on things like this they state that if the clutch is damaged and the damage cannot be traced back to improper use by the customer then more often than not they will take care of it under warranty. This is one of my local dealerships and may not be a universal rule as all dealers are independently owned and operated. Unfortunately warranty coverage is not universal and that is why myself and my colleagues in the Customer Assistance department are here to make sure our customers get proper service from GM/Chevrolet and our dealerships. If you need some help in talking with your dealer let me know.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
AshenSS

Drives: AshenSS
I work as a service manager at a multibrand dealership with Chevrolet as one of the brands. The rules ar exactly the same with all the brands we service (5 brands).
Clutch is not covered by warranty if something has not broke, easy as that. These rules are not made up by us...
AshenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #53
saintrob

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 / '10 SIM 2SS L99
Well from reading a lot if other responses the clutch is covered. So which one is it? Is it covered if the dealership agrees to cover it or is it not covered no matter what?
saintrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #54
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
That dealer is a crook. Find another dealer and tell them your problem and see what they say about it. I bet they are more helpful.
lol, read your warranty. doesn't cover wear and tear items like the clutch, brakes, tires and so on. if the dealership looks at it and it's not a covered part they will charge you. somebody has to pay, and if it's not covered under warranty the warranty company isn't going to.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrob View Post
Well from reading a lot if other responses the clutch is covered. So which one is it? Is it covered if the dealership agrees to cover it or is it not covered no matter what?

it's not covered, except in the case of defect, like tires. and by the way, this thread is almost 4 years old, why did somebody dig it up?
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #56
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Maybe it's not the clutch....Maybe it's the drivers....

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote