Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
AWS-GTAW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss M6
Unhappy Help! Weird Noise While shifting M6

Hi,

I just picked up my 2ss Camaro 6speed manual. It already had 81 miles on the car when i bought it. So for i been driving it very mellow I haven's get on it at much and did not got to WOT. . I also am aware of the skip shift but i don't think that's the problem. I so far only put 30 moderate miles on the car.

As soon as i got home bring the new car back, i decided to reverse into my parking stall, there would be clunking noise that seems to be right under the trans. My buddy was outside the car and sounded as if i was playing with the shifter moving it side to side in neutral but i wasn't

I then was very suspicious and took it for a more detailed test drive. From 1st to 2nd shifts i would hear the clunk noise on occasion. Also when in gear in 2nd our first i when throw it in Neutral to coast as soon as i disengage the clutch the noise would appear again. Also in some occasion it seemed as if the car did not want to go into 2nd gear and 3rd gear.

Does anybody have any idea what my problem is? Should i be concerned and try to get it serviced at the dealership?

Thanks.

Last edited by AWS-GTAW; 03-04-2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Adding stuff in
AWS-GTAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Take it to the dealer and have it looked at. Better safe than sorry.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
AWS-GTAW

Called the dealer they want me to come in couple days, Im thinking maybe just return the car. I think somone raped this trans it clunks like my old 180,000 mile beater nissan truck.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
AWS-GTAW

Dam the car is a Dud, i drove two other camaro's and mine is significantly slower. It also sometimes can't shift into 3rd and 2nd gear makes all kinds of noises and I only owned it for less then 24 hours and they wont accept it back. They probaly fix the trans but i don't want a raped POS Car I want my money back. This sucks.

I BEEN SCREWED OVER BIG TIME!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
Damage

Drives: 2SS/RS CIM White Rallys
I thought GM did the 30 day buy back? Is that over? Thats BS, you should accept nothing but the best. If they dont make it right, drive it through the front window of the place. In my fantasy that would work.
edit: by the way. No guns, just baseball bats and samurai swords. Says you mean business.
Im not making fun of you Im serious as hell.
Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #6
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS-GTAW View Post
Dam the car is a Dud, i drove two other camaro's and mine is significantly slower. It also sometimes can't shift into 3rd and 2nd gear makes all kinds of noises and I only owned it for less then 24 hours and they wont accept it back. They probaly fix the trans but i don't want a raped POS Car I want my money back. This sucks.

I BEEN SCREWED OVER BIG TIME!
Put in some 93 octane gas and/or some octane booster and see if that helps the performance. I can only get 91 octane here, but I've run one tank with octane booster and one without. It seems faster with the booster added--so who knows--maybe it's snake oil, and maybe it isn't
Old 04-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
What did the dealer find? My car has noise when shifting, too.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I have been having similar problems, mine has about 8800 miles, it started out making a slight tapping noise and in about three days turned into a hard knocking noise when i was in first going under 10 mph, when you press the clutch in the knocking stops after a few seconds but you hear what sounds like the gears spinning and then that stops, you can hear it barely in higher gears but sounds like the tranny is going to blow up at low speeds. I took it to one dealer earlier in the month, the service writer said " that sounds like the throwout bearing" but then the trans.tech told me it was normal and that all of them make this noise! I said it's not normal and it didn't make that sound a week ago! They proceed to tell me its characterisitc of this type tranny that the corvettes are even noiser! B.S! My husband who was a master A.S.E tech for twenty years says he thinks it's the input shaft bearing. He took it to another dealer today for me, they say there is a problem, they think it's the throw out bearing , they gave me a loaner car and said would likely have it three days. I hope they figure it out, and will post what they find. I wonder if anyone else haveing this sort of problem? I looked unfer the driveline and trans. posts here but did not see anything exaclty like what I am hearing.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Mine makes that noise as well, it's kind of embarassing when you're in a crowded parking lot, usually you can avoid it by SLOWLY putting the clutch in haha. I only notice it when I'm first taking off or puttering around at slow speeds in a parking lot. I actually posted about it a couple months ago but nobody seemed to have any suggestions.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #10
Skyblu

well on day 2 half over and no call from the service dept. Can't wait to hear what they say it is.Will let everyone know when I get the call.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
HIGHOCTANE

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
Mine makes that noise as well, it's kind of embarassing when you're in a crowded parking lot, usually you can avoid it by SLOWLY putting the clutch in haha. I only notice it when I'm first taking off or puttering around at slow speeds in a parking lot. I actually posted about it a couple months ago but nobody seemed to have any suggestions.

Mine has started just something similar(1800 miles)..vary faint knock knock knock just as I ease off in 1st...by the time the clutch is all the way I out it doesn't do it. I can actually feel it in the seat more than hear it,almost sounds/feels like a CV joint(rear axle). I don't think it is the thowout bearing as the speed of the sound repeating is closer to wheel speed than engine speed. Like I said it is very faint right now..most people wouldn't even notice it probablly,I've been working on cars for quite afew years. I bet I'd have a time getting one of the techs to admit anything was wrong unless it gets worse.

2010 IBM 2SS/RS Camaro (M6)
Previous rides:
2003 Twin Turbo Mustang Cobra(900 RWHP)
2004 KB S/C Mustang Cobra(700 RWHP)
2003 Mustang GT,Heads,Cam, N20 ect..
HIGHOCTANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
Everyone keep us posted. Mine has been at the dealer for a week!

if there is no TSB the techs are reluctant to do anything, Tommorow if no
response i may have to escalate the issue and leave it there longer

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #13
D1BADZ
hmmmmm

Drives: 2010 IOM in-n-out 2SS
I have the same issue, feels like car engadges but wheels do not for 1/2 second.

Crusing slow or shifting into first.

D1BADZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #14
Skyblu

Ok, update, not much of one though, the service writer told me that my tranny is in pieces and that the trans tech and GM concluded it needed several parts which are on order and don't know when they will come in because they are backordered, I asked what they are replacing and he wouldn't say, said the tech did not tell him just "parts" I will find out exactly what the did to it when I get my car back. I wish they would just replace the trans. altogether but I guess I'm just dreaming on that one.