Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-30-2014, 02:08 AM   #43
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
There are a few things different on this car that are not like some of the other cars that are putting down 475 + rwhp.

The car only has a 2.5" mid section from Corsa....which I haven't used
It has a larger, and heavier 21" wheel vs the stock 20's.

We picked up a good bit by changing cold air systems on the car and did a number of tests that day back to back with his, modified versions of his, and ended up with our own.

The only other item missing would be an underdrive pulley which is typically good for 4-8 hp.
Anthony
I should be there on Saturday to order my headers and exhaust w/tune. It appears I'm going to require an order of your rear chassis connectors also. I rolled the odometer to 600 and decided 400 miles of around town and 200 miles of highway driving meant I had an engine broken in. I tried a few 1st gear rolling starts and only one hard standing launch. The wheel hop, especially on the hard launch, is BAD. Sliding around when hitting second was a hoot and third gear sliding was a little hairy....but fun.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #44
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Sounds great Lupe. I ordered my cam from Anthony today and hope to install it this weekend.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #45
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
got it installed and back home
G6X3 installed, oil pump, timing chain and trunnion upgrade, also LG's velocity CAI pics and video later today sounds like a beast

lupe
Are these typical numbers with that cam? Tq seems a little low. What kind of dyno?
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:42 AM   #46
Italpol72
Potent SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I have the 6x3 cam installed with LG intake with Texas speed full 3 inch exhaust and tune.... I'm at 490 HP and 452 lbs of torque at the rear wheels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Italpol72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #47
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italpol72 View Post
I have the 6x3 cam installed with LG intake with Texas speed full 3 inch exhaust and tune.... I'm at 490 HP and 452 lbs of torque at the rear wheels

I'll be happy for a while if I can get that power out of mine. I've got 1 7/8" ARH LTs, 3" to the tips with ADM race version CAI. Old cam got 450 rwhp. This would be a big jump. G6X3 is going in next month when I get home, then taking it to Tommy Wong for tune in Vancouver, WA.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #48
Italpol72
Potent SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
I'll be happy for a while if I can get that power out of mine. I've got 1 7/8" ARH LTs, 3" to the tips with ADM race version CAI. Old cam got 450 rwhp. This would be a big jump. G6X3 is going in next month when I get home, then taking it to Tommy Wong for tune in Vancouver, WA.
I also threw in a SLP 25 percent reduced crank pulley ..... The rest is in the tune....good luck

Italpol72 is offline   Reply With Quote