Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-05-2011, 07:42 PM   #57
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
instead of painting. Would you be able to use vinyl? thats what im thinking of doing

Sure that should work but the outer perimeter of the lens will shine against the bumper and fender.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #58
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Sure that should work but the outer perimeter of the lens will shine against the bumper and fender.
Well i was thinking of removing the sidemarkers and wrapping the entire lens with vinyl and then installing them so it wouldnt show on the side like you said. Should work i hope lol
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #59
Mach

It should work but remember these LED's are crazy bright.. They light everything up and I am afraid they will shine through the vinyl... Let me know how it turns out!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 12-11-2011, 10:38 PM   #60
The_Creepy_Zebra

Drives: 2011 1SS
If you didnt want to see the led until its on couldn't you just put a couple light coats over the part you taped or would the color be to different.
The_Creepy_Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #61
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Creepy_Zebra View Post
If you didnt want to see the led until its on couldn't you just put a couple light coats over the part you taped or would the color be to different.
I've seen side markers like that once. I'm not experienced in painting so I don't know how exactly it was done, but looked cool.

Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #62
Mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Creepy_Zebra View Post
Yes you could. Really cool idea!! I might do it too. Use primer on the entire lens Except the slit. Then paint the entire lens with base coat. The primer does most of the work blocking out the LEDs. This should work ok for white.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #63
toyboy1980

Drives: 2012 45th 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Alban View Post
I've seen side markers like that once. I'm not experienced in painting so I don't know how exactly it was done, but looked cool.

My lights!!!
Mods: RX Catch Can / MRT Version 2.0 Exhaust / RotoFab CAI / Apex Motorsports Scoop + Windshield Washer Bottle Relocation / Hurst "HardDrive" Plate / Mud Guards / Heritage Grill + Street Scene Lower Valance / Metra Kit + Pioneer AVIC Z120BT / AAC "Ghosted" LED Concept Side Markers / P13W Plasma LED Bulbs + DRL Harness
toyboy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #64
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyboy1980 View Post
My lights!!!
lol, yup! The only ones in existence I believe?
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #65
jlugo
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1LE 'Summit White'
Wink

Thanks for the DIY, I just order the Z-Flex Led's from Radiantz!

Last edited by jlugo; 02-21-2012 at 11:17 AM.
jlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #66
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
guys i have bought those lights but never used them because i sold the car. pm me with your offer.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #67
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
guys i have bought those lights but never used them because i sold the car. pm me with your offer.
Bought the LEDs or the already made sidemarkers?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #68
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
So I have to ask. Why paint at all. Could you not just install the LED's in the stock lenses and just cover the backs for prevent the bleed behind. I am trying to keep my car as stock looking as possible.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #69
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaynard View Post
So I have to ask. Why paint at all. Could you not just install the LED's in the stock lenses and just cover the backs for prevent the bleed behind. I am trying to keep my car as stock looking as possible.
If you're going for a stock look then yea, do that. I run mine during the day as well as at night. So during the day it would just bother me if that thin section of the marker was lit and not the rest of it. The same way it bothered me when they were stock. They were brightest in the center and got dimmer towards the ends.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #70
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
For people who dont even want to go the LED route, or arent handy enough to do it, you can probably just paint the stock lens and leave a strip unpainted, using stock bulbs.

Wouldnt be as bright, and even, but would still look much better than stock IMO.