Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #57
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwdev View Post
From the salesman at my local dealership:

"and we are selling them for $5000 over the MSRP"

So a base LT is now about $29,000?????

Looks like I have to wait.

Thats nothing my local dealer started out w/ his first one on the lot at 20k over3 days later 10k over....Then somebody bought it....Thats why I bought mine from a Corvette forum dealer I bought from before. Courtesy delivery right to that gouging dealership...
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #58
N6504X

Drives: 2007 F-150 KR
Hey..
I just wanted to add that my dealer is Herrin Gear in Jackson Ms. I ordered the car 11/3, and at the time I had a philosophical discussion about the price with the inventory manager. He told me then that the market would dictate how close the selling price would be to the MSRP. Early last week, I went back in when my car went to 3800 to speak to my salesman, and the inventory manager was there too. I asked them point blank what their intentions were as far as price, since I had gotten nothing in writing. They both told me that, in the dealership's 40+ year history, they had never sold a vehicle over MSRP, not even a Z06, not even a ZR-1! They weren't about to start now. They are the largest volume Chevy dealer in Mississippi.
N6504X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #59
sac-au-lait

Drives: 06Colorado07Silverado08Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
No wonder why GM is in trouble! ... Some of their dealers have no problem with screwing their customers.. perhaps, GM should revoke their dealer licences and send a message that charging more than MSRP is not a "Fair Business Practice". I always thought the idea was ... " MSRP or Individual Dealers may sell for less! " meaning that the MSRP was the absolute highest price a dealer could charge. As far as I'm concerned, if my dealer decided to tell me that I would be required to pay a premium on top of the MSRP then my response to them would be to politely flip them the bird :middlefinger: and say as I walk out the door .. that neither I or any of the people I know, will ever deal here again! Thankfully, this is not a problem where I deal, because I've already been told that I will be able to purchase my 2LT/RS for $500 over dealer cost. ( They show me the dealer cost sheet ... I add up all I want ... than add $500 to the total. )

Trust me, for every bad dealer out there... there are easily 10 others that will treat you with respect! Sometimes you just have to look a little harder.

No wonder why GM is in trouble!No wonder why GM is in trouble! If I hear that again I'll puke.I'm happy for those who make a great deal and I'm happy for those who turn a great profit.It's market driven.I want a 1909S VDB EF lincoln cent,a frickin penny and I'm paying $1650.I can't drive it or eat it or have sex with it.I can just look at it, it's my money and I want it and if I had a 2SS it would be worth whatever I get for it.
sac-au-lait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #60
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
and some that are even LESS if you qualify!

good point scotty
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #61
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
190+ MSRP dealers on the list. Give them the biz.

We have a local Radio guy, Joe Pag's at WOAI AM talk, that's a Camaro fanatic and he got pissed over the overprices and interviewed Ancira's daughter (she's a gen mgr of Ancira Chev now I guess). And she said too bad they where gonna mark all of theres up and everyone else will.

She also told him that she thinks they will only get 28 and not anymore later. Another lie....
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 AM   #62
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
Hey..
I just wanted to add that my dealer is Herrin Gear in Jackson Ms. I ordered the car 11/3, and at the time I had a philosophical discussion about the price with the inventory manager. He told me then that the market would dictate how close the selling price would be to the MSRP. Early last week, I went back in when my car went to 3800 to speak to my salesman, and the inventory manager was there too. I asked them point blank what their intentions were as far as price, since I had gotten nothing in writing. They both told me that, in the dealership's 40+ year history, they had never sold a vehicle over MSRP, not even a Z06, not even a ZR-1! They weren't about to start now. They are the largest volume Chevy dealer in Mississippi.
Huh. Strange that they would speculate about being over MSRP last year if they've never gone over MSRP before. Do you have something in writing now?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #63
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
if gm goes chapter 11 and everything slows down a little hopefully it wont but i think the markup will be higher then that because people want them in the beginning of the summer not the end my opinion only
camarossrs2150 is offline   Reply With Quote