Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
A little more exhust rumble

Preorderd my 2011 2LT May 2010. This April my 2011 2LT just pushing 5,000 miles. Love the V6. Bumper to Bumper warrenty will expire Aug. and thinking of mods. Do not want to screw up 100,000 mile drive train warrenty.
Two years ago dealership sent me an email regarding exhaust/modications I could do with GM stuff and not affect my new car warrenty. Upwards of $3,000.
Now as my low milage 2LT is moving out of bumper to bumper warrenty, but still has 100,000 5-year powertrain warrenty, I would like a little more exhaust grunt sound.
My V6 Camaro will never sound like a V8. Do not want my V6 to sound like an import Ricer.
Just want exhaust to sound a little more aggressive than standard V6.
Is this possible?
Suggestions on V6 exhaust modifications appricated. A little more rumble as long as it does not sould like an import Ricer and I can keep my 5-year powertrain warrenty.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
exhaust wont void the warranty dude
Old 04-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Glad to hear you are thinking about exhaust. Here is a thread that covers many of the choices available to us. Best thing is listening to them with a set of ear buds. See if any sound like something you like. Another good choice is find others in the area that have changed their system to something else and listen to them live.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33104

For me and many other (most popular choice) is the MRT axle back. The 2.0 version is the more popular of the two.

Another thread to look at for other great mods to look at for you V6 is this one.
If you should have any questions please feel free to send me a PM and I will do my best to help you out.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16893
Old 04-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I recommend the Magnaflow catback Part # 16583. This system features 2.5" stainless steel mandrel-bent tubing, resonated x-pipe, dual mufflers,dual rear split exit with 4" double wall stainless dual tips. Backed by a Lifetime Warranty! We have these systems in stock at unbeatable prices. Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Here is a compiled list of great sounding combos:

BBK Headers HFC + ARK DTS catback

BBK Headers HFC + Magnaflow Catback

JBA Shorties + Solo HFC + Solo Mach 3 catback

JBA shorties + Stock cats + Resonated X-pipe + MRT 2.0

JBA shorties + Stock cats + ARK N2

Hey OP,

There are a ton of combos btw, but your aim with a V6 Camaro is to avoid rasp, gain power and to sound amazing our cars are not V8's and will never sound like one.... Everyone is going to tell you what to get but whats your budget first off? Are you looking for an axel or a catback? Did you want headers? (Shorties or long tube)

I assume not many people here are salesman so they wont ask you these questions... we can help educate you and find you a system that will work for you
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I'm happy with my set up. Wont break the bank either. I get complements all the time!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #7
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If you are worried about the rasp the best solution I have found is the solo j-pipe system. The catback is great but the axle back also give you the ability to tune the system to get rid of any rasp. The tune ability of the system is critical since there are a lot of variations between V6s in exhaust tones with aftermarket exhausts.