Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #29
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
trivia

Rockford Files

Ever do a Jim Rockford turn?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #30
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Yeah, people get it, or they don't. You can't change people when it comes to love and appreciation for an automobile.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #31
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Ask them to watch this, and if that doesnt get their pulse going then they died inside many moons ago! Move on from the living dead!

Old 12-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #32
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
better yet.

Ps. I get goosebumps every time I watch this.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #33
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
There are some very beautiful stories and sentiments here. Quite enjoyable reading. Pete, you choked me up too. I'm happy for you, finally achieving such an important dream, goal!
I think it must be something in our genes, and I'm not talking Levis here. But can any of us say our dad was not somehow or way into cars? Mine, not the racing part, but the repair, somewhat out of necessity due to money being tight, but also out of desire. I don't know how many engines he ever rebuilt, but I was right there helping, or maybe, hindering. And I don't think he ever made it through an entire job without, at one point or another, loosing his cool because things weren't going well, and letting off with a string of mild curse words, ending with how he wished he'd never bought that car. But he never did quit tinkering, until age caught up with him.

So, for many of us, it comes down to carrying on a tradition, one that many others have no roots in and simply can't understand....their misfortune.

Especially at this time of year, we should all count our blessings, one of which one is attaining this dream. I certainly consider myself a lucky man!!! Happy Holidays to all!
Doug
Old 12-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #34
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Looking back, if it wasn't for the Camaro, my dad would never have gotten a job at Norwood, he never would've worked with GM, he never would've been able to support his family, and he sure as hell wouldn't have been able to send me to private school for 12 years.

We have never owned a Camaro. But every time I see a 3rd gen. on the road, I can't help but wonder if my dad worked on that car.

For me, the Camaro is more than a car. It's like a member of the family. Every single one of them.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #35
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Ouch
You never want to do that especially with women.
Trust me.
my bad, was talking on the phone to my "girlfreind Heather" while typing but the sentiment is the same.
It's not the end of the world.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #36
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
my bad, was talking on the phone to my "girlfreind Heather" while typing but the sentiment is the same.
It's not the end of the world.
Mmm...there are some circumstances in which calling a girl a different name will be the end of YOUR world...
Old 12-24-2008, 04:01 PM   #37
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Stay on the subject of the origional thread.
Timberline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 PM   #38
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
I was born to a lower middle class family in 1962. I wanted a Camaro as I grew up. But I could never afford it. I ended up with a 67 Chevy Biscayne, then a 76 Chevy Malibu. I still wanted a Camaro but little things conspired against me.

Then they were canceled. I will not miss my chance again. I currently own a Jeep Wrangler. Why do I own an impractical vehicle? Cause when I sit in it with top down on a warm spring day I get a goofy shit eating grin on my face, the same grin I get whenever I get near a Camaro. Thats why!
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #39
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Cyndi
I think this says it all

LOL a shirt we picked up in reno in 04 For Fbdfather I have never seen him wear it

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #40
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
How many of you known of Studabaker............The story goes that studabaker before they closed thire doors for good they had a car that they felt would keep the flame burning,but money issues closed the doors.GM seen the little car and bought the rights from studabaker when they got word that studabaker was going under.They changed the front end and the rear end and called it CAMARO..........Search it if you don't believe me.
Im a car nut.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #41
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
I dont know if I can put it into words,

I've never felt this way about a car before, My whole life took a turn for for the worse a few months after this depolyment started, divorce, family passing I won't go into it, but since then I've become a stronger person and pushed my way through it. I'll kinda be starting over and the camaro is a symbol that you can overcome anything. that no matter how things get or impossible they seem I can overcome and get through it

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #42
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
just saying whats on my mind, i tend to ramble

ive always thought that driving should be fun, if its not, then your just being bored and who wants to be boring. i dont know what it was about about the camaro that i liked, i just knew i wanted one, for me its the 69 Z28, cant explain why, it just is. but for me a car like that i would need to keep in the garage all the time, and the price those go for, i cant afford two cars. and one day i saw a black LT1 4th gen and said thats what i want. useless details later i ended up with a 2000 camaro v6, not exactly what i wanted, but hey its still a camaro. picked up a 87 camaro 5.0 to park the v6 and keep the value on it up so i could trade in for the Z28 and did just that. the modding bug hit and next thing i knew i had a 400+rwhp car that annoys the shit out of me to daily drive. my aunt was getting rid of a saturn that needed a new transmission, i took it and fixed it. and it was boring, had it for a month before i traded it in for the GTP. and even thats boring me now. i miss the pre-heads/cam days with the camaro, and i havent swapped it back because i know how much of a hassle it will be to do that all over again, and it will be down on power again. now i see the new camaro, with more power than i have now, with factory spec driveability, and it looks a lot like the 69 that ive always wanted.... i get butterflies in my chest just looking at pictures

sorry for my rambling but what i was getting too is that this car is everything i could possibly want in one car
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote