Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

View Poll Results: turbo or n/a ? or ???
twin turbo 5 100.00%
n/a on bottle 0 0%
or ???? 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
twin turbo or n/a on bottle ?????help!!

we are going back to the drawing table its either keep it n/a on the bottle with a forged and stroked bottom end with a bigger shot of nos ? or..... do the bottom end still and lower the compression and twin turbo it !? i need some feed back ? right now its 630tq and 600hp on the bottle and its 503hp and 490 tq without ....any thoughts would be good thanks!
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
we are going back to the drawing table its either keep it n/a on the bottle with a forged and stroked bottom end with a bigger shot of nos ? or..... do the bottom end still and lower the compression and twin turbo it !? i need some feed back ? right now its 630tq and 600hp on the bottle and its 503hp and 490 tq without ....any thoughts would be good thanks!
Do you want to keep refilling the bottle or have it all the time ? It's completely up to you, but they are at opposite ends of the cost spectrum.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #3
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Do you want to keep refilling the bottle or have it all the time ? It's completely up to you, but they are at opposite ends of the cost spectrum.
yah thats basically my thoughts i spend so much money on the nos and i only get that power when the bottle is filled ... thats why i was leaning towards the turbo setup . thanks
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
Old 05-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
SS Mike

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
I agree with what speedster said. Go twin turbo so the power is there whenever you need it, no having to fill the nos bottle to get it. Plus with the twin turbo set up you can have different tunes for different boost levels and basically have different levels of power depending on the situation (i.e. drag, autocross, daily driving, etc.) Good luck with your build! Sounds like you already have a pretty sick ride!

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
i vote for the twin turbo also..and because you won't have to worry about filling the NOS.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #6
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
i vote for the twin turbo also..and because you won't have to worry about filling the NOS.
Yah to be honest thats the only drag with the nitrous is the refill and that stuff aint cheap,.... i might as well start doing drugs for the price of that stuff