Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: How many spots do you take?
One 253 87.24%
Two 30 10.34%
I park the opposite direction of the lines. 7 2.41%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #71
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildL16 View Post
Definitely just one.. one might get you an accidental door ding, but two might get you an idiot with keys
THIS

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #72
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
ONE space. This car generates enough jaded negativity without putting "double park" in the mix.

Just put it

Real far away from everyone else.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #73
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Just one....................in a galaxy far far away!:fighting0040:

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #74
Drago77
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 19 2SS vert, Mosaic Blk, A10
Ill post a pic or two tonight... I've gotta admit... I've done the multiple diagonal spot thing...

If I have to park at ghetto-m...I mean... Walmart, or somewhere similar, I generally follow these rules of thumb there:

As faaaaaaar out as I can get with light.

Adjacent to a light pole (to avoid opportunity to park near me, avoid islands with bushes as they provide "cover" for ppl to do damage)

UPHILL!!!! Try finding the crest of a hill... carts run wild... but they run wild "downhill"

As much as I love driving my car, its a shame I have to fear parking...
Drago77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #75
rapaleeman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I park far away. Only one spot.

The only time you should ever take up 2 spots is if the spots are super small like at my local Target. Even my old Impreza, Jetta, and Lancer wouldn't fit into a single spot on 2 of the rows since they are so close together. I park in the secondary lot there that is always empty.

Everywhere else I park at the end of the row as far away as possible. Since the freakin doors on the Camaro are so huge, you have to open them at least halfway just to get in. Even in normal sized lots there is barely enough room to open the door while keeping your car and the persons next to you safe from damage.
rapaleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #76
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
I use one and most of the time park in the back of a lot. IMO if you use more than one spot you draw attention to your car and make yourself a target for some a@@ hats set of keys. Also in some places it is illegal to do so and you can be ticketed or have your car towed. I do as much as I can to keep my car looking top notch but have come to realize that no matter what I do short of just not driving the Camaro, it will get dings and scratches eventually. Sooner you accept the fact, the less hard it will be when it does happen.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #77
Kuffs

Drives: Black 2011 Chevrolet Camaro
Just one, but a mile from the front door!!!

2011 Black Camaro, IOM painted rally stripes, MRT V1 axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, IOM painted calipers, bowties and Camaro badges, 20" black powder coated wheels with custom made center caps.
Kuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #78
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
One time only did I take two spots when I first got my Camaro and it was waaaaaaaay in the corner of the parking lot that was totally empty. I come out of the grocery store to see some guy by my car. I think "oh he's checking it out". He starts asking me why i think my car is better than anyones else's and how rude I am. I smiled said I guess I was being overly protective of my new car, then told him to shove it cause I was not preventing anybody from parking and if I was then I would understand his point. Sheesh!
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #79
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
It would be nice if all things were the same or equal, but they are not. If someone with his or her 150K mile, dinged up rust bucket wants to park so close to a car to put a ding in it, yes by all means take up two spots. I've even seen it where a newer Jag put a ding in a newer Nissan Z. The lady got out of the Jag and acted like nothing happened. I couldn't believe it.

Most people will say "oh I only take up one" until they get a nice, shiny new ding. Just because the odds are against me to get into an accident doesn't mean I am not going to take precautions to avoid one when I drive. I am a two spotter and do however park in the sticks as not to be too rude but also to have a safe buffer from other peoples doors, keys and oh yes the imfamous wind blown shopping carts. My car may not be a Ferrari or a Bentley but she is all mine and I want to keep it as new looking as possible. How many of those cars do you see parked next to eveybody else?
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #80
masonwader

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
There's an old 350Z that looks terrible (obviously not nicely kept) that I see parked across two spots diagonally every time I visit the Neighborhood walmart.

What a #@^% bag.
masonwader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #81
MoCamaro20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS L99
i take two only because i have a small ding on both sides of my SS and it pisses me off how careless people are. dont get me wrong if its busy or crowded i only take 1
MoCamaro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #82
wholloway6

Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
1 and only 1 spot... With the exception of my garage where I park in the middle and take up 2
wholloway6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 AM   #83
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
It would be nice if all things were the same or equal, but they are not. If someone with his or her 150K mile, dinged up rust bucket wants to park so close to a car to put a ding in it, yes by all means take up two spots. I've even seen it where a newer Jag put a ding in a newer Nissan Z. The lady got out of the Jag and acted like nothing happened. I couldn't believe it.

Most people will say "oh I only take up one" until they get a nice, shiny new ding. Just because the odds are against me to get into an accident doesn't mean I am not going to take precautions to avoid one when I drive. I am a two spotter and do however park in the sticks as not to be too rude but also to have a safe buffer from other peoples doors, keys and oh yes the imfamous wind blown shopping carts. My car may not be a Ferrari or a Bentley but she is all mine and I want to keep it as new looking as possible. How many of those cars do you see parked next to eveybody else?
What garantees that no one will pull up next to you if you take two spots? If it is allright for you to straddle the line, why wouldn't it be allright for the person with the rust bucket to straddle the line next to you and be just as close? I either park in the back forty or take my winter car when I go to the mall etc. I usually find that the door flingers are fat people. If you park in EBF, you will be too far from the entrance for a fat door flinger to walk and you will be OK in the one spot that you are supposed to take.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #84
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoCamaro20 View Post
i take two only because i have a small ding on both sides of my SS and it pisses me off how careless people are. dont get me wrong if its busy or crowded i only take 1
Do it in Boston and you will come back to find a lot more than "a small ding". People here get very pissed off at self important people hogging two spots. I would not damage anyone's car for that, but there are many around here that would.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote