Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
Anything else?

I have a high hp 2013 1LE putting 715 to the ground. I've done all the subframe and rear end related bushings to all higher end BMR options.

Under heavy acceleration coming out of shifts the car tends to want to creep one direction or the other no matter what in the front. There is no rhyme or reason to which way so that may depend on the surface and it does it when I'm not spinning. I realize right after shifting i have one hand on the wheel but after much playing the car still is hard to hold straight. It drives absolutely perfectly otherwise and alignment is dead on.

Is this just a result of the power level or is there other stuff I can do? The best way to describe it would be wishing the steering was tighter...because it feels like the agressive power comng back on as you come out of a shift just causes the front end to float out no matter how hard I try.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
What trailing arms and toe rods did you go with? Do they have poly bushings? You may want to check them out to be sure they are still holding up and not going soft.

Did you go full replacement subframe bushings or inserts? Have you done upper control arm bushings?

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #3
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Good Questions from Tyler. Hopefully, you used a good SYNTHETIC grease on your bushings!?!?!? How 'bout sway bars....stock or aftermarket?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
elarson5757

Went all BMR. Upper control arm rear and trailing arm bushings, Solid rear cradle bushings, and BMR trailing arms and toe rods. Did them all less than 1000 miles ago when the engine build was done and done professionally per the instructions.

Sway bars are still the factory 1LE. Maybe need to change with all the added power??
Old 08-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Have you always had this issue with the car ever since you bought it, or did it start occurring after the suspension upgrades or after the "power adder" upgrades? Sway bars might help….can't guarantee it because I've never really heard of this kind of problem before, but I think it would be worth considering. Still would like to know what kind of grease was used with your bushings? If whoever you had install them used a petroleum-based grease, that will soften the polyurethane over time….possibly causing a premature bushing failure eventually. Needs to be a fully synthetic grease when used on polyurethane. Just thinkin' out loud here….
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
elarson5757

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Have you always had this issue with the car ever since you bought it, or did it start occurring after the suspension upgrades or after the "power adder" upgrades? Sway bars might help….can't guarantee it because I've never really heard of this kind of problem before, but I think it would be worth considering. Still would like to know what kind of grease was used with your bushings? If whoever you had install them used a petroleum-based grease, that will soften the polyurethane over time….possibly causing a premature bushing failure eventually. Needs to be a fully synthetic grease when used on polyurethane. Just thinkin' out loud here….

Didn't notice the issue under heavy acceleration until after all the added power for sure. Again I guess I would describe it as the car just wanting to wander one way or the other under very heavily acceleration. And it's a front end wander like the power is pushing it out up front. When it happened it doesn't feel like I'm spinning but I also know that there are times I am but can't feel it by the tire dust on the rear end after a ride. I guess its possible that I'm getting rear end slip and it feels like the front pushing out when it's really the rear sliding off to the side.

No way to really know what grease was used but I don't think that's the issue. I personally bought the synthetic grease for the install and provided it with the parts and my direction to use it.

What I need is someone else to take it for a ride with much more experience and give me their opinion.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #7
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We've seen this issue before and it tends to be the trailing arm and/or toe link bushings. These are the areas I'd double check first, and I'd also double check the alignment. It's possible one of the eccentric bolts has slipped.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
700rwhp...

Wish I had your problems. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote