Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Thanks Shootir! Sorry I missed the first meet, obviously you can see why...I'm really hoping to attend that event, I see no reason my car won't be done by then....(I hope!!!)

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
Kronix

Got the Fuse Box lid & the 2 top pieces of the engine cover back from the Hydrocoater, I went with Roger @ Emblempros, he does awesome work! The larger main pieces of the engine cover have been painted to match the car (black, then cleared), these pieces fit on top.

Then the Supercharged badges go on top

Piece, by piece it's coming together

Old 02-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #31
Kronix

Well perfection takes time, so I've been told. I really thought I'd have the SS on the street by now, but with me adding things & the painter getting backed up, it's just taking longer than expected.

First thing I changed this week, was taking out the brand new Eibach/SLP performance springs and installed the Pedders XA Coilovers. I figured I need to do this right the first time.

Here's some Pedders, BMR & Pfadt eye candy...You can also see the Blue SS Brake lines by GMS in some of the pictures. Great product GMS!

We got the MPD1 Z-Force hood installed and the work is like black glass, excellent job by my paint shop!

Underside

Pure liquid glass, like a mirror

Also got the MPD1 Smooth Exhaust Panel ready for mounting as well.

Should have the ground effects on by Monday & then break out the air saw for the 3dCarbon Front Fender vents, won't that be fun taking a saw to a new car!

Also installed an AAC Knight Rider LED strip thats mounted behind the front grille. Working on the DRL harness & LED switch for inside the cabin. Just order a set of Prosport EVO AFR & Boost gauges, along with an Autometer Dual Pod of the A Pillar (Thanks for the help AngelSpeedFreak), those parts will be here early next week. Ran into an issue with one of my AAC Reverse taillights, we tinted them and then after installing realized the right one wasn't working. I hit up Jonathan at AAC and he's sending one out to me ASAP.

I was really pushing for completion this week to hit up Dyno Day at Granatelli Motorsports, but it just wasn't happening. I'll see my fellow 4 C clubbers next time! My favorite saying has become, "Next week" when people ask when the car will be done.....So until next week!

Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #32
Kronix

Well, all body parts are painted and ready for install, besides the Z-Force hood, did that last week. Today was the day to take the air saw to the side fender for my 3dCarbon Fender Vents...A steady hand was definitely required for this, plus a little bit of craziness is needed to cut a brand new car Thanks to Lupe from River City Creations for the info on cutting the fender!

Sorry for just the one pic, but I'll have plenty more in the next day or so and hope to have the car done real soon, it's been almost 6 weeks now without my car but when it's done, it'll be exactly how I want it & upgraded in every aspect. Also going with the Prosport Evo Boost & A/F Gauges fitted in the Autometer A Pillar pod, thanks to Angel Speed Freak for all the help with gauge selection!

Old 02-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
I've been watching this, love the build!

I'm very interested in seeing the 3dcarbon GFX installed, as that's what I'm going with on my new black SS. Should look great!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
Kronix

Thank you ALLTRBO, it's taken a little longer than expected, but I'm partially to blame as I keep adding stuff while it's in the shop getting the original punch list done, i.e., coilovers, SS brake lines, and now gauges & the A Plllar pod. You are really going to be happy with the 3dCarbon GFX package, very well made & it's a poly-urethane so it's flex and not crack. Please let me know when you're going to order & I'll tell you who to speak with, they discounted my order heavily!! I should have the GFX & the rest of the MPD1 parts installed by Friday, so I'll definitely have more pics.
Thanks again!

Old 02-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kronix,
What a nice build. You have done so much to her. I like the photos that keep us up to date...Keep up the nice work......
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #36
Kronix

Thank you Aquablue, it's been really addictive but I don't have to tell you that, I just read your build thread...WOW awesome work my friend! What an opportunity to have both of those beautiful Camaros in your garage, stunning!! I definitely agree with you about Roger @ Emblempros, what a great guy and awesome products! I'm not done with him yet either....I'm saving the pics of the badges he made for me until I put them on, but awesome work and he's a great guy too!

Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #37
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thank you ALLTRBO, it's taken a little longer than expected, but I'm partially to blame as I keep adding stuff while it's in the shop getting the original punch list done, i.e., coilovers, SS brake lines, and now gauges & the A Plllar pod. You are really going to be happy with the 3dCarbon GFX package, very well made & it's a poly-urethane so it's flex and not crack. Please let me know when you're going to order & I'll tell you who to speak with, they discounted my order heavily!! I should have the GFX & the rest of the MPD1 parts installed by Friday, so I'll definitely have more pics.
Thanks again!
Cool! I'm not far off from ordering, just have a few other things to buy for it first. I know how you feel. Once the mod bug bites, the infection spreads very quickly!
I'll make sure to bug you when I'm ready.

Can't wait for pics!
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #38
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Thank you Aquablue, it's been really addictive but I don't have to tell you that, I just read your build thread...WOW awesome work my friend! What an opportunity to have both of those beautiful Camaros in your garage, stunning!! I definitely agree with you about Roger @ Emblempros, what a great guy and awesome products! I'm not done with him yet either....I'm saving the pics of the badges he made for me until I put them on, but awesome work and he's a great guy too!
Thanks..I can't wait to see what he has done for YOU!! Whatever is it, it will be NICE!! Keep us posted..Kurt
Old 02-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #39
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Really liking what youve done so far. I see alot of my wish list on your car haha. Can't wait to see the 3D carbon kit installed. Im thinking about ordering the 6 piece kit and want to see it installed in black. Subscribed!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #40
Kronix

Well, we ran into a few snafus this past week to delay progress. Number one was when we realized the MPD1 hood has less space under the hood than the stock one, and since I just installed the Pedders XA Coilover system the little adjustment knob was rubbing the hood.
I made a call to Pete at Pedders but they were already closed, but we communicated over the weekend and he said all I have to do is set the knob where I want it, then simply remove the knob and keep them in the glove box. At first I thought we could use a router or dremmel and just tweak the underside of the hood, but at that location there's not much thickness to work with. I also called Eric at MPD1 to inform him of this, I'm sure this is something he's going to want to consider revising on the design.

Here's the pics of the damage:

The culprit:

These are things that happen when you start modding, and putting different pieces on, so I just have to roll with it and move on...So to everyone out there when you do your mods, double and triple check everything, cause nothing comes easy. I heard a great slogan today while watching Horsepower TV, the guy said, "Measure twice and cut once." Words to live by!

I already showed the hydrocoated pieces for my engine cover & fuse box cover a few posts up, here the custom Onyx emblems Roger from Emblem Pros made me. The pics do these pieces no justice, they really are beautiful works, excellent guy & company to do biz with. So much so, that I just ordered the radiator shroud cover & rear drain covers in the same hydro coat pattern & a few other goodies...Keep up the great work Roger! Here you go Kurt!

This badge goes inside on the dash by the ignition. I always believe in understating horsepower, keep them guessing

I am happy to say that ALL pieces are now back from the painter!!! So we should have this thing together by end of the week. Of course another snafu we hit on Tuesday, was when one of my AAC LED reverse lights was defective, but Jonathan @ AAC quickly sent me out a replacement and got that yesterday..Thanks Jon!

This was fun to do to a brand new car!!! It's for the 3dCarbon Fender Vents...Steady hand required!!

Not sure if I mentioned this but, I went ahead and closed out that ugly, non functional mail slot that the SS comes with. I used the SLP Closeout piece but we filled it right into the body so no visible lines.....Maybe I'll get mistaken for a V6 ......It really came out awesome, and I'll have pics of that tomorrow when I'm back at the shop. Also my DRL wiring harness that I got from Fieldgoal00 was defective and made the relay buzz. Fieldgoal was kind enough to send me one out on Saturday after helping diagnose the problem with my installer on Friday, big thanks Jeff for taking the time!!

We started to mount the side rocker panels of the 3dCarbon kit Friday as well, of course the holes that it's supposed to get mounted to weren't exactly on line so we had to drill another hole for it to mount up. Luckily the 3dCarbon kit is very flexible so we had them sit in the sun for a bit to really be able to work it nicely for the test fit. Again, like I mentioned, aftermarket stuff sometimes isn't as simple as some manufacturers lead you to believe, when you hear "just bolt on or replaces stock", just keep in mind it may take some tinkering!

So now that everything is finally painted and delivered to the shop, I really should be able to make progress this week and get my baby on the road, it's been 7 weeks with this build, but that's the price I pay for wanting to do it all at once, and sometimes shit happens so be prepared for it!

AllTRBO & DMWhiteman, like I said, if you're going to go with the 3d kit just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction who to talk to for a nicely discounted "jobber" price....Never bugging TRBO, always here to help!

Old 02-27-2012, 05:10 AM   #41
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Thanks..I can't wait to see what he has done for YOU!! Whatever is it, it will be NICE!! Keep us posted..Kurt
I saw them on his thread...They look sweet and can't wait to see them on the car.....post us!!!...
Old 02-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #42
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Quote:
AllTRBO & DMWhiteman, like I said, if you're going to go with the 3d kit just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction who to talk to for a nicely discounted "jobber" price....Never bugging TRBO, always here to help!
That pm would be awesome. Actually looking to order in the next week or so! Did you find it cheaper to buy the 4 piece and the side vents separately? I was going to go with the 6 piece, but have no use for the spoiler.

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx