Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #71
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Are these actual carbon fiber or hydrocarbon fiber?
The CF pattern is a hydra-dipped finish. It looks great and all of the components have the same fit, performance and reliability of our standard products.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #72
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
PM'd ya Joe...w/my options.

Hopefully, you can make this Santa sweeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #73
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
all you people looking for a group buy on this intake shoot me a pm w/ what options you are wanting. i'm going to put something together w/ them
PM sent. Thankyou.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #74
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
PM also sent Joe for the carbon fiber for everything under the hood! Looking for an early Santa present, thanks so much for the outstanding products!!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #75
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046 View Post
Me too. How about we get 50+ people on a group buy. Maybe the guys at Roto-fab can make a special C5 edition.
The C5 edition sounds interesting and we would like to do something special just for C5 guys, so we will definitely put some thought into it. As for a ZL1 intake group buy, we do typically offer a group buy when we release a new product. For a few reasons, we have decided not to offer a group buy, nor are we authorizing a group buy for any of our dealers. First, the release of the ZL1 intake was sort of "gray" due to an early version that some of you have. We don't think a new product group buy now is fair to all of you that have already purchased. Secondly, as part of our commitment to our dealers, we don't offer random sale pricing which undercuts the MAP pricing we ask them to adhere to.

As a company, I can assure you we are committed to the ZL1 and we have dedicated a great deal of time and resources to what we all know is a very limited market. Furthermore, we have a number of unique ZL1 products currently in development; one of which will be introduced yet this week! We need some time to get it into production, but we are very anxious to share this one with all of you. We will definitely offer a group buy exclusively to C5 members for this product!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #76
sportyb24
Romanian Outlaw

Drives: 13 ZL1 , 14 Silverado Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
The C5 edition sounds interesting and we would like to do something special just for C5 guys, so we will definitely put some thought into it. As for a ZL1 intake group buy, we do typically offer a group buy when we release a new product. For a few reasons, we have decided not to offer a group buy, nor are we authorizing a group buy for any of our dealers. First, the release of the ZL1 intake was sort of "gray" due to an early version that some of you have. We don't think a new product group buy now is fair to all of you that have already purchased. Secondly, as part of our commitment to our dealers, we don't offer random sale pricing which undercuts the MAP pricing we ask them to adhere to.

As a company, I can assure you we are committed to the ZL1 and we have dedicated a great deal of time and resources to what we all know is a very limited market. Furthermore, we have a number of unique ZL1 products currently in development; one of which will be introduced yet this week! We need some time to get it into production, but we are very anxious to share this one with all of you. We will definitely offer a group buy exclusively to C5 members for this product!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 AM   #77
ZL1ster

Drives: '13 ZL1 IOM M6
-R&D to ensure no codes thrown for 'bolt-on' CAI
-No tune (@ this time for warranty minded folks like me)
-Published dyno results (+25hp)
-R&D for additional air duct

*Roto-Fab leaving the competion gAsSsping for air!

Last edited by ZL1ster; 11-08-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: ...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #78
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
sent out a mass pm
Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #79
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
all you people looking for a group buy on this intake shoot me a pm w/ what options you are wanting. i'm going to put something together w/ them
Quote:
sent out a mass pm
Dude really? You're coming on to a competitors thread that sells these items and you're going to put a group buy together? Make your own thread and stop stealing potential customers from Ted. That's just not cool.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #80
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Dude really? You're coming on to a competitors thread that sells these items and you're going to put a group buy together? Make your own thread and stop stealing potential customers from Ted. That's just not cool.
actually your wrong. competitor?? they are the manufacturer and i spoke w/ them on the phone about putting something together i'm fully capable of posting in here. i'm helping organize a bunch of people to purchase this and help them move a lot of product.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #81
Roto-fab 1

Ok. First, this thread is an informational thread about a product and we ask that any dealers simply start their own thread. As mentioned in a previous post on this thread, we have a MAP policy that we ask our dealers to adhere to. We have more than one party that has spent their time and money testing our ZL1 intake, so we will enforce our policy to the fullest extent, including not shipping an order in violation of our policy.
I know that's more than some need or want to know about our business, but since this has become a bit of an issue, I would like to explain how this benefits you, the consumer.

When the price point of a product between vendors is not the focal point, you will base your decision on other factors. Ask yourself:

Who has a solid reputation in the field?
Who will offer technical service should it be needed?
Who will be there for you 1 year from now? 2 years?
Who understands and has extensive knowledge of the product?

It's our hope that the above points play a role in your purchasing decision should you decide to go with Roto-fab products. Throughout our existence, we have maintained a very good reputation in the marketplace. There is no doubt some of the outstanding companies that carry and promote our products have played a vital role in this.

Please keep in mind while we do retail our own products, we do charge full retail price which is above what our dealers are authorized to sell to you for.

We want to get this thread back on track, so this is my last post regarding the above issues. Please send a PM or call the shop if you would like to discuss this in detail.
Mike
Old 11-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #82
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
I was going to get one, but the price changed from the initial offering, I will wait and see what CAI's no tune intake does before making a purchase.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #83
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpepka View Post
I am waiting to see if the "no tune pulley" is compatible.
Ted at JRE has posted his results in testing the Roto-fab intake with the "no tune pulley". There is a thread in the ZL1 section covering it. We are very pleased with the results and appreciative of the time JRE time spent on testing.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #84
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Ted at JRE has posted his results in testing the Roto-fab intake with the "no tune pulley". There is a thread in the ZL1 section covering it. We are very pleased with the results and appreciative of the time JRE time spent on testing.
Mike, everything sounds good, what about the new design with the additional air inlet? When will we see that?

Thanks!!

T

Closed Thread

Tags
btw