Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #183
Derbygirl

Drives: 2006 Blk Trailblazer SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
I pre ordered way back in December. (12-5-08)

How'd you make that happen? I've tried test driving Davis-moore's and Joe Selfs and they both said no to me.
Big Al actually let me drive it off the showroom floor yesterday!!! It has 400 miles on it. That was awesome. They had just brought it in out of the rain, but he let me take it back out. We have bought a few cars from him in the past and he knows we have switched to Lubbers with the last few purchases, so I think he was trying to win us back. It was so good of him to let me, I didn't have the heart to tell him afterwards that I should be getting one anyday.
My 13 year old son was with me and he had so much fun watching peoples expressions and watching them take pictures. It was a great experience. The V6 is quick!!!!
Derbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #184
Derbygirl

Quote:
I pre ordered way back in December. (12-5-08)

How'd you make that happen? I've tried test driving Davis-moore's and Joe Selfs and they both said no to me.
Or maybe it was the low cut shirt!!!!! JK
Old 06-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #185
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbygirl View Post
Big Al actually let me drive it off the showroom floor yesterday!!! It has 400 miles on it. That was awesome. They had just brought it in out of the rain, but he let me take it back out. We have bought a few cars from him in the past and he knows we have switched to Lubbers with the last few purchases, so I think he was trying to win us back. It was so good of him to let me, I didn't have the heart to tell him afterwards that I should be getting one anyday.
My 13 year old son was with me and he had so much fun watching peoples expressions and watching them take pictures. It was a great experience. The V6 is quick!!!!
I almost ordered from Joe Self... talked with Big Al ... but crap i hate that guy. He is like a Car Salesman Commercial 24/7 when talking with lol. Also he would not tell me Joe Selfs allocation for the car.. and I told him that's why I wouldn't be ordering from him because of not telling me info i needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbygirl View Post
Or maybe it was the low cut shirt!!!!! JK
lol... go figure!
Old 06-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #186
Derbygirl

Quote:
I almost ordered from Joe Self... talked with Big Al ... but crap i hate that guy. He is like a Car Salesman Commercial 24/7 when talking with lol. Also he would not tell me Joe Selfs allocation for the car.. and I told him that's why I wouldn't be ordering from him because of not telling me info i needed.

lol... go figure!
Oh yeah, I remember your post about him. I laughed so hard. We couldn't take him anymore either, but for a long time he was giving us the best deal. Not anymore, we can't find anyone that can beat Lubbers!!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #187
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
For the people who got v6s and are worrying about should they have gone with the v8..Dont worry people are complaining the gas milage sucks on them and if gas goes back to five dollars a gallon you will be a happy camper you didnt get the v8..Not knocking you v8 people but love my v6.....Some are saying they are getting 12 miles to the gallon when they get on it and and 15 when they drive normal...
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #188
kkstill
Not just a boys' car! ;)

Drives: soon...2010 2LT RJT camaro
bub--thanks for the info! I will have to make some more calls and see whats going on! The RJT at Clay Center has the white rally stripes on it now, as of about 4pm on Saturday anyways!

1100: 06/08/09 (preliminary order accepted) More Chevrolet
2000: 10/13/09 (order accepted by GM)
3000: 10/19/09 TPW 11/02 (order accepted by production control)
3300: 10/26/09 (order scheduled for production)
3400: ??? (order broadcast)
3800: 2G1FC1EV0A9162576(order produced)
4000: (available to ship)
4200: in-transit ETTX853406 (shipped)
5000: (delivered to dealership)
6000: (delivered to customer)
kkstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #189
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstill View Post
bub--thanks for the info! I will have to make some more calls and see whats going on! The RJT at Clay Center has the white rally stripes on it now, as of about 4pm on Saturday anyways!
Yep. White stripes were on it Sunday pm.

I saw it setting in the service bay Sunday on my way home to KC from Belleville (originally grew up there).

Also had a gnarly "Green Team" dealer sticker on the back end of it, but that should be easy to remove I would think.

Looks like a 2SS, (non-RS) RJT, black interior auto. Wheels may be polished, but hard to tell from the back, as that was all I could see in the closed service bay from outside...

Any idea what they are asking for this 2SS? MSRP +?
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #190
SuperChevyICM

Drives: Mazda 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstill View Post
SuperchevyICM---what is the average length of time between when you have someone come in and order and the time you get an order number? I feel like I have been stalking my dealership, because noone seems as excited as I am!

Also, I stopped by Clay Center's dealership today and they have an SS sitting on the lot in RJT, which was absolutely gorgeous (even in the rain)! But then they applied the white racing stripes and I didn't care for it! I thought the bright white ruined the classy look of the metallic red color! I think the white stripes look the best on the brighter colors and the cyber gray stripes look better on the darker, richer colors! ...just my opinion!

Derbygirl--You should just drive to KC and pick up your car!!! How can you stand the anticipation?!!

soverydeb--hopefully, you get your car soon! its like being a kid and christmas day being estimated!!
As long as I am here to input the order, which is most of the time, you get your order# immediatley.
SuperChevyICM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:52 PM   #191
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
IT"S IN YOU GUYS!!! I PICK IT UP TOMORROW AT NOON!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, nah, not really....but they will have it all prettied up for me and it's coming home! I'll have pics posted in the afternoon!!
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #192
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by soverydeb View Post
IT"S IN YOU GUYS!!! I PICK IT UP TOMORROW AT NOON!!!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, nah, not really....but they will have it all prettied up for me and it's coming home! I'll have pics posted in the afternoon!!
Im happy for you... yet sad at the same time cause mines taking forever... i swear something is up with V8 orders.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #193
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
Oh Ject...I'm sooo sorry for you.....they don't have an explanation? Ask to see where you are in the que. When I was there on Saturday, they knew mine was the next one that was coming in...see if they can tell you anything...
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #194
motorbuff69

Drives: 2010 camaro on order
My order went to 3400 on the 17th or the 18th of June, im hoping it gets built before the plant goes on vacation.
motorbuff69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #195
kkstill
Not just a boys' car! ;)

Drives: soon...2010 2LT RJT camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Yep. White stripes were on it Sunday pm.

I saw it setting in the service bay Sunday on my way home to KC from Belleville (originally grew up there).

Also had a gnarly "Green Team" dealer sticker on the back end of it, but that should be easy to remove I would think.

Looks like a 2SS, (non-RS) RJT, black interior auto. Wheels may be polished, but hard to tell from the back, as that was all I could see in the closed service bay from outside...

Any idea what they are asking for this 2SS? MSRP +?

BUB--I got onto spastic squirrel (camaro.spasticsquirrel.com) and it's MRSP is $36,205. You are also able to pull up the window sticker. Yea, I called up to Melton's right before I ordered mine to test drive the silver 2LT they had, but they had just sold it to a guy here in Beloit! (My grandparent's live in Belleville and I had quite a few friends up there!) I see they have ordered a Victory Red 2SS RS one, I don't know whether it's for stock or order though.

Somebody tell me why I put in my order into the dealership on June 8th at 8AM and called again yesterday (23rd) and they still did not have an order number for me!! They said that they would have an order number as soon as the order has been "picked up for production"! i should have ordered it through SuperChevyICM!! Geesh...I just want to be able to track it and know that it's started going through the process!!

1100: 06/08/09 (preliminary order accepted) More Chevrolet
2000: 10/13/09 (order accepted by GM)
3000: 10/19/09 TPW 11/02 (order accepted by production control)
3300: 10/26/09 (order scheduled for production)
3400: ??? (order broadcast)
3800: 2G1FC1EV0A9162576(order produced)
4000: (available to ship)
4200: in-transit ETTX853406 (shipped)
5000: (delivered to dealership)
6000: (delivered to customer)
kkstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #196
acehole

Drives: mits lancer oz
We want pics deb !!!!!
acehole is offline   Reply With Quote