Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #71
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
"Accepting orders for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS and the V6-powered 2010 Chevy Camaro coupe in October. Production will begin in mid-February, and cars will be in dealerships by mid-March 2009."

So if we order in October, how early will we be getting the Camaro??

I have a question regarding payment since this will be my first time ordering. I was reading you will have a deposit first and then full payment when it ships. I will be using my credit union to make the purchase and they simply send a check as to the exact amount that is due for the car and they handle the loan. My question is when is the full payment due since I will probably have to pay the deposit without the credit union and then get a loan for the rest. What price range will you be putting the deposit for this order next month? Thanks
a DEPOSIT of $1000 to order, and it must be paid the day of PICKUP, not when it ships from the factory. The credit union will be the one withthe payment terms....They may allow you to go out 30,45 or 60 days from the delivery date when you get the car.

The car production starts 2/16 - and units could show up a week to 8 weeks later, ASSUMING there are no constraints (Parts shortages that cause a delay).

We have not started to take deposits yet - I should know more later this week. As soon as I have pricing, option prices etc, I will certainly share that as I have in the past with many of the items I can pass along.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #72
13F20

Drives: Soon to be 2010 Camaro SS
Unbelievable.

You know I find it quite interesting that there are some dealers that have know idea what is going on with the new camaro. A friend just wrote me asking me if I knew any thing about ordering and release dates and so forth. I told him he needs to take him business and money to a whole new dealer location. Obviously that dealer ether does not give a crap about the car or possible clientele associated with that car and that he needs to cut his losses. Second that the dealer was probably to incompetent to keep up with new products coming out. So there you have it. Hell I think I know more about the car than he does. Plus I kill things for a living. Hey maybe I could become a sales representative for GM. Placing both of my qualification up for customers to see. That would be one hell of a sales incentive
Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #73
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
fitzpatrick said that we should Should SHOULD have prices by the 15th but that may not happen
Old 09-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #74
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey ucla1ove3, I asked my insurance company and they gave me a quote of 615 a month which is subject to change, but i dont understand by what you mean as the car not being available up north for a little while after? Please ASAP, you have me a little worried lol
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 AM   #75
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
P.S thanks for the reply Scotty
Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #76
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
question TJ91. how are you supposed to make insurance payments on the car if it's not even available up north for a little while later? just wondering
Just wondering, who said it won't be available up here for a little while later? And how long is " a little while later"? It's built up here so if it's not availabe the same time as the States I'll be upset. I can see dealers in the middle-of-nowhere Sask not getting one for a couple months but an ordered car should arrive on schedule, no matter where it is going too.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #77
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Scotty- If i dropship order from you, am i on your allotment list, or my local dealer's?

if its my local dealer's then i may end up #1 on the their list because i don't think they have any idea ordering is starting this soon!
Old 09-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #78
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Sweet thanks for the response Scotty! Hmm... I wonder how far of a drive it would be from Detroit to Cedarburg? Would make a nice raodtrip for the drive back!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #79
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Scotty- If i dropship order from you, am i on your allotment list, or my local dealer's?

if its my local dealer's then i may end up #1 on the their list because i don't think they have any idea ordering is starting this soon!
It's whoever makes the order. I could only WISH to use others allotments....
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #80
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4EVER View Post
Sweet thanks for the response Scotty! Hmm... I wonder how far of a drive it would be from Detroit to Cedarburg? Would make a nice raodtrip for the drive back!
If I can drive to the Irish Hills.....ANYTHING is possible!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #81
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
Scotty- I live in NY city, what are the chances that I will be able to walk into a chevy dealership around May find a V6 with all the bells and whistles and take it off the lot? or will i definitely have to order it?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:18 AM   #82
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
500 under invoice is pretty good, but why would a dealer do that on a car that a customer is custom ordering? Wouldn't that mean the dealer is losing $500 on the deal? Isn't this something usually reserved for high volume loss leader vehicles or am I just not understanding the terminology here?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #83
KarlChev

Drives: Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierodeletre View Post
500 under invoice is pretty good, but why would a dealer do that on a car that a customer is custom ordering? Wouldn't that mean the dealer is losing $500 on the deal? Isn't this something usually reserved for high volume loss leader vehicles or am I just not understanding the terminology here?
Lets just say that invoice isn't dealer cost. All of the vehicles that are being sold at "Employee Pricing" are sold below invoice. Dealers are still making money due to holdback and GM incentives. The only person who isn't making much money right now, is the salesman. At most dealerships, the salesperson gets a percentage (25-40% depending on number of units sold) of the profit above invoice. Sell for invoice or below, and you will get what is called a mini. They will vary from dealer to dealer. $100-$200 is normal.

Hope that helps a little.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #84
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
Scotty- I live in NY city, what are the chances that I will be able to walk into a chevy dealership around May find a V6 with all the bells and whistles and take it off the lot? or will i definitely have to order it?
Once they start getting produced, we can attempt to locate a car from another dealership and trade for it. So, it is POSSIBLE to find one

Closed Thread