Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #127
TXLS3

Drives: 11' 2ss/rs ls3
I just don't see the v8 plummeting much lower for now. You can get a used 5th gen ss for 22k. Which is pretty cheap for that type of performance. What are the price points for new 6th gens 40+?? More than likely.

I can see the v6 going at 14-15k but I think the v8 will still cost around 20k for the next 2 years.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #128
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
only thing that may cause the V8 Camaro's to hold value a lot better then expected could be CAFE standards. If auto makers cant squeeze or the cost to squeeze enough fuel mileage out these cars cause the price of new ones to skyrocket. The will have to either pay the fines with the Higher price charged selling them or raise prices higher so that they sell fewer to get fewer fines and also have the money to pay fines for the ones sold or They figure out how to get 35-40 MPG out of a V8 sports car but it cost a lot and the raise prices accordingly. Also maybe they can make enough cars that get amazing MPG to counter our V8's and meet the fleet avg's and prices only go up marginally above cost of living rates.

I just have a feeling the affordable V8 muscle car era is coming to a close. I think the cars that will fill that space in the future are mini versions of the current hyper-cars. Powered by 4 cylinder turbos with added electric drives that will boast economy around town but for 10-15 seconds add bursts of added power to make them great quarter mile cars, and maybe 2-3 burst per lap on a track.

Wow that was way of track but my thought was if that's where we go I could see V8's holding better value do to us crazy guys who love our V8 muscle sound will hold on to them making them hard to get in low mileage good condition.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #129
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Since I had my bout with Cancer 4 years ago I live by this quote,
"We are born in one day.
We die in one day.
We can fall in love in one day.
ANYTHING can happen in JUST ONE DAY."
So live every day to its fullest, because it may be your ONE DAY.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #130
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
"We are born in one day.
We die in one day.
well said and so so true
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #131
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
That car probably has a salvage title. Most of the cars sold on CL around here are being sold by shysters with dealer licenses out of GA.
Yea, even around here in California every V8 that I see for sale under 20,000 has a salvage title. Which surprises me because it's so many that it makes me think that I'm the only one with a Camaro from the dealer.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM   #132
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Calling a car sweet is like calling one cute......
Considering that thing will spank a Camaro SS pretty badly and hold its value better, I don't think you'll hurt its feelings much.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Ford, but there's no doubting that's one hell of a car.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 AM   #133
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Considering that thing will spank a Camaro SS pretty badly and hold its value better, I don't think you'll hurt its feelings much.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a Ford, but there's no doubting that's one hell of a car.
Why do you think that it will hold it's value better?
Old 11-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #134
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Why do you think that it will hold it's value better?
Just because it is a special edition. A Roush car is going to hold its value better than a typical Mustang GT. I would expect an SLP Camaro to hold its value better than a typical Camaro because of its rarity as well.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #135
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I guess if you are fond of catfish the Mustang could appeal to you.
I don't really understand the Camaro vs Mustang hatred. A nice car is a nice car. I own a Camaro. I don't know if I'd buy a Mustang because they aren't really my thing and I've only owned GM cars, so I have that solidarity there. But a nice car is a nice car. There are aspects of the Mustang that outperform the Camaro and vice versa. I think GM gives the better value and I like the Camaro's style better overall, but to not admit that the Mustang is also a very good value and a pretty badass car...I think it's kind of childish

I would certainly take that Roush Stage 2 Mustang over a base model SS. But I can't say I wouldn't trade it in for a done-up 2SS/RS and bank the extra cash.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #136
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
"We are born in one day.
We die in one day.
Yep...live for today as we are not promised tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:26 AM   #137
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Just because it is a special edition. A Roush car is going to hold its value better than a typical Mustang GT. I would expect an SLP Camaro to hold its value better than a typical Camaro because of its rarity as well.
Oh, alright! I thought you was saying that it was going to hold a better value because its a mustang!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #138
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Oh, alright! I thought you was saying that it was going to hold a better value because its a mustang!
I would expect a Camaro to actually hold its value a little better than a Mustang. Historically they have because Mustangs were a dime a dozen, but now that the Camaro outsells the Mustang it could change. Honestly the value will probably depreciate about the same on either car since they are in the same class and both domestic.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #139
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't really understand the Camaro vs Mustang hatred. A nice car is a nice car. I own a Camaro. I don't know if I'd buy a Mustang because they aren't really my thing and I've only owned GM cars, so I have that solidarity there. But a nice car is a nice car. There are aspects of the Mustang that outperform the Camaro and vice versa. I think GM gives the better value and I like the Camaro's style better overall, but to not admit that the Mustang is also a very good value and a pretty badass car...I think it's kind of childish

I would certainly take that Roush Stage 2 Mustang over a base model SS. But I can't say I wouldn't trade it in for a done-up 2SS/RS and bank the extra cash.
If I have to go by looks I wouldn't take the Roush stage 2 mustang over a SS! Heck , i bought my 2013 BRM V6 Camaro over a V8 2013-14 mustang! I like the 13-14 mustangs too! Just not against a 2010 -13 Camaro!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #140
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I would expect a Camaro to actually hold its value a little better than a Mustang. Historically they have because Mustangs were a dime a dozen, but now that the Camaro outsells the Mustang it could change. Honestly the value will probably depreciate about the same on either car since they are in the same class and both domestic.
Wasn't they always in the same class and both domestic? But I do see alot more mustang's go for more in the mecum auction . But I guess it really depends what year the car is and options!
But the Camaro sold for the highest vs the mustang .