Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #15
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlbeerz View Post
That is a good price for the Pfadt, but on Amazon the Eibachs are $490 together (springs/sways) with free 2-day or cheap overnight shipping if you have prime, plus a $30 rebate.

~$460 for springs and sways with quick ship!
If you're wanting the cheapest kit available, you might have found it. If you want one of the BEST setups for your Camaro for $140 more, this Pfadt sale is currently second to none.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
xxlbeerz

Drives: 2010 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
If you're wanting the cheapest kit available, you might have found it. If you want one of the BEST setups for your Camaro for $140 more, this Pfadt sale is currently second to none.

I was considering that special, but the price didn't include shipping, and my searching came up with something about bad batches of springs so I passed.
xxlbeerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #17
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
I say go pedders there is a reason why they have been selected by gmpp plus there gm licensed products will not voidyour factory warrente
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #18
axis
Search Ninja

Just to clear a few things up.

Quote:
I was considering that special, but the price didn't include shipping, and my searching came up with something about bad batches of springs so I passed.
Unless i'm mistaken, they were on the coilovers, not the sport drop springs.

JDM Motorsports and i'm sure Apex has the SEMA $600 sale with free shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro4mybday View Post
I say go pedders there is a reason why they have been selected by gmpp plus there gm licensed products will not voidyour factory warrente
I guess you've missed the several threads on Pfadt being a GM supplier as well.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #19
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Axis not gonna debate but can you show me a pfdat product with a gm license sticker I would like to have full information on the subject
Old 11-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #20
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
Axis not gonna debate but can you show me a pfdat product with a gm license sticker I would like to have full information on the subject
Do you know something the rest of us don't? You posted in the GM licensing thread, so I know you've seen the SSX threads. It's apparent you're siding with Pedders which is fine. They are a great company as well. If you want a debate, go to your local Dealership and make a order for your favorite Pedders part. I will almost gaurantee you they won't know what you're talking about. I know this because I inquired at a good friends dealership. As of a couple weeks ago, there was absolutely nothing. Unlike yourself, I find both companies to be excellent and have recommended both. They have slightly different philosophies but both are top notch companies that produce top notch products.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Axis like I said I'm not looking for a debate just an answer. I have discredited gm dealers along time ago because of issues I had with them as far as siding with pedders I'm not if you go to the pedders web site it shows there sway bars and. Xa coilovers with a gm license on them and they will not void factory warrent I do not see this from pfdat. If you can show me this onm there products then that's awsome there is 2 products to choose from. The simple fact that there is a post in the forum about pfdat workin with the ssx is not proof enough that pfdat is a licensed gmpp parts. If anyone can show me there product with a gm license on it then ill believe. And if it is when I make my choice to purchase these parts it will be based on the better product and the fact I can bring it back to the dealer and they won't give me a problem when I bring my car in to the dealer with pfdat or pedders product
Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey guys, thanks for all of the support and people posting up with their experiences and suggestions of our products.

If there is any info we can provide to people to help please let us know. As some have mentioned, yes the Stage 2 package is on sale currently to celebrate all of the GMPP offerings and announcements this week. If you want the best, go with what GM chooses and go with Pfadt.

Quote:
This is absolutely false. Please PM me if you have any confusion on something. We have never had any batches of bad lowering springs.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
GMPP is licensing a FULL comprehensive set of suspension components for the Camaro, from Pfadt Race Engineering, not just a set of coilovers. This announcement was literally made this week. Please be patient as we roll the GMPP licensing into the marketing of our products.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #24
axis
Search Ninja

That's fair. I will say that Pedders announced their new affiliation with GM several months ago. You are just now seeing their parts show up with GM tags. They still haven't shown up for purchase in local GM dealerships though. What about people that bought XA's in the past? Will they be covered as well or just ones with "official" GM sticker? Pfadt just announced theirs in the last week or so. It stands to reason that it will take a little bit of time. I guess time will tell.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)