Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-18-2013, 03:36 AM   #29
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
You sent the cams back and he hasn't sent you your refund? Didn't you send them back a couple of weeks ago?
A wild SixJak appears!

My Rx catchcan, dated about 2 yrs now, is doing ok I think and doing its thing catching the oil.
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #30
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
I have the Rx can myself and have checked it numerous times and am unable to ever drain anything from it. And yes its installed correctly. I find it to be defective or just a pile of . I am removing it and going with an Elite Can and hope it works better.
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #31
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Good luck my friend.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Good luck my friend.
Look who's back?!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #33
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiledflame View Post
A wild SixJak appears!

My Rx catchcan, dated about 2 yrs now, is doing ok I think and doing its thing catching the oil.
That's good to hear. Looks like you're one of the fortunate ones.

Neither of mine worked very well unfortunately. Several days after I installed my first NA RX catchcan, I spun a bearing and luckily the motor was replaced under warranty. It never seemed to trap anything from then on. I never correlated the two but after learning more and reading others experiences, I have to wonder.

My FI catchcan left my IM full of oil unfortunately. I've since learned that the check valves in those are of poor quality.

Best of luck to you, soiledflame. I hope the rest of these guys can somehow get their situations worked out.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #34
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Any company that takes you more before they have to the product to ship is not cool in my book. And he no longer answers his phone, e-mails and someone went buy his place and said it was for lease and he is gone.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #35
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
My Rx CC never caught oil either, but the filter I installed after it did (per Tracy's challenge). This is looking inside my CC from the bottom with a scope. Nice round cut there. I assumed the poor quality continued inside where I could not see and switched to another CC.
Attached Images

StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
If we're talking about effectiveness take a look at my intake manifold after running Tracy's catch can and sc kit for a few thousand miles. I don't say this to be malicious towards one company. But save yourself the trouble and dispute it if you can or ask for a refund and go with another can. I hear elite is good as is Mike Norris. The last time I was here I was sort of prophetizing about the Tracy Lewis Rev Xtreme supercharger kit before I was silenced and we all see how that turned out. I'll be going now but before I do I want to reiterate the fact that I wish you the best of luck whatever method you take.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
That is after you installed the Catch Can????

I have the Elite on the clean, and dirty side, and after 4000 miles, the inside of the intake looks as clean as the day I bought the car with 6 miles on it.

Sorry for your troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
If we're talking about effectiveness take a look at my intake manifold after running Tracy's catch can and sc kit for a few thousand miles. I don't say this to be malicious towards one company. But save yourself the trouble and dispute it if you can or ask for a refund and go with another can. I hear elite is good as is Mike Norris. The last time I was here I was sort of prophetizing about the Tracy Lewis Rev Xtreme supercharger kit before I was silenced and we all see how that turned out. I'll be going now but before I do I want to reiterate the fact that I wish you the best of luck whatever method you take.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #38
white ZL1

Drives: none
Wow. This just keeps getting worse and worse with this guy.
How many people are running one of this catch cans right now and are having the same problem and don't even know it?
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #39
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Not to pile on but after removing the RX SC kit and CC from my car last August and removing the plenum cover this is what I found.

There are better options out there.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #40
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Finally! I got an email from him saying he'll refund my money. Not sure if it was the message on the cell, 2 messages on the regular phone, 2 emails, 2 Facebook messages, or the BBB complaint that worked. Now I am anxiously waiting to see the money.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #41
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
Finally! I got an email from him saying he'll refund my money. Not sure if it was the message on the cell, 2 messages on the regular phone, 2 emails, 2 Facebook messages, or the BBB complaint that worked. Now I am anxiously waiting to see the money.
You won't see a dime sorry to say. I've been waiting months on a refund. I also did the FB, Email, BBB and Linkedin. He is essentially on the run from everybody.
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #42
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
You won't see a dime sorry to say. I've been waiting months on a refund. I also did the FB, Email, BBB and Linkedin. He is essentially on the run from everybody.
If that is the case, then I will get the DA and police involved.
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote