Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #883
Jbcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
I'm so jealous right now lol. But they look ahhhhmazing ! Lol. Congrats on the install! Can't wait to get my dark version on my Abm
Jbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #884
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
DarkneSS, I assume u got the light colored diffusers because I don't think the dark ones were ready to ship yet... What do you think about the light diffusers on a dark car in the daylight? Do the diffusers show up too much when the running lights aren't on? (they seem to look good in daylight when the running lights are on). I have a Victory Red and am currently planning on getting the dark diffusers... and I'm still waiting to see what the (internally installed) Flicker will look like.

Also, I assume the yellow-orange coloring in the pictures u took isn't real; are the lights actually a consistent red color all over in real life? Did you crack out the good camera yet? Which of the six "draft" brake light patterns did Tony choose to use when the brakes are applied?

Are you going to Camaro5Fest? Is Tony going to Camaro5Fest?
Yes they are light. The tail lights look almost stock during the day with the sun hitting them. The diffusers dont really show up at all.

The color is real, its just a shade of red but it is orange light that passes through the red lens. I really need to get more pics because it is hard to describe. I'll also take pics of the leds. I'm not sure what pattern it is but the leds look awesome.

Unfortunately I will not be at the fest!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #885
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
I've been watching these get developed since the beginning. They look exactly like I thought they would. I jut hope the finished tails (when tony gets to them) aren't a king's ransom.
Awesome stuff Tony.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #886
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Thanks to all for the kudos! I can't wait to see these out there in the wild!
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #887
A Pirate

Drives: VR 2010 2SS
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
The color is real, its just a shade of red but it is orange light that passes through the red lens.
DarkneSS, i think you are saying that the colors in your pics are accurate. In Post #769 on page 31 you were worried enough about these afterburner tail lights being orange versus "red" that u were planning to add two new (separate) red tail lights somewhere on the back of your car in order to remain "legal". Now that you've got the afterburners installed, what is your opinion? Are they red enough (I personally love the yellowish-orange color...)
A Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #888
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
DarkneSS, i think you are saying that the colors in your pics are accurate. In Post #769 on page 31 you were worried enough about these afterburner tail lights being orange versus "red" that u were planning to add two new (separate) red tail lights somewhere on the back of your car in order to remain "legal". Now that you've got the afterburners installed, what is your opinion? Are they red enough (I personally love the yellowish-orange color...)
I think they are red enough, you can easily tell its bright orange but it has a red tint to it due to the lens. It will be interesting to see what will happen once I get a officer behind me. The led brake lights are beautiful and very red. The law also states your rear tail lights must be red and visible from something distance so technically they meet the laws standards. To me they are red enough that I will not need to add lights.

Wait til I get some pics in high quality with a proper camera.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #889
sjmautoprod

Flicker and sequential boards are good!

Some dark diffusers done, so, shipping a kit with dark diffusers (and no other options) tomorrow.

Onward!

DarkneSS, glad you like the brake portion! FWIW, that's actually the third version that I did and thought it was pretty good, also.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #890
Tipper69
ICE Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
They do look beautiful.can't wait for already assembled version with sequential and dark diffusers.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #891
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Tony will be at the fest. I'm gonna convince him to do an onsite install on my gf's car! Heehee
Old 07-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #892
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Would love to c this pic straight on! Looks GOOD Tony! Good job DarkneSS!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #893
Jbcamaro

Drives: 2010 camaro
Cutting of the lens sucked. All I had was a utility knife but it made for a cleaner fit with the silicone. Makes me wish I had 10 more camaros because these lights are amazing and fun to install. Thank you tony for a great product! And it is just that, a great product! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to of my rs tinted tails with the dark diffusers. I was definitely surprised and pictures don't do these justice
Jbcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #894
zcorvette04

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Should have stayed on board they look sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zcorvette04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #895
sjmautoprod

Well, GM left us another hidden treasure, found when testing the new flicker boards...

When the car is off and the parking lights are on, the lights are driven at reduced power (PWM and partial voltage). This is not a problem for the tail LED's themselves, but, it causes the flicker circuit to drive the LED's lightly.

The quick, easy solution is a "show harness" to drive them with full voltage. It would be a set of two that would go inline with the rear-bumper harnesses on each side of the car. I'll also see if I can come up with another angle.

I'll get a video when it starts to get dark so that those wanting flicker can see it and decide what they want to do.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #896
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcamaro View Post
Cutting of the lens sucked. All I had was a utility knife but it made for a cleaner fit with the silicone. Makes me wish I had 10 more camaros because these lights are amazing and fun to install. Thank you tony for a great product! And it is just that, a great product! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to of my rs tinted tails with the dark diffusers. I was definitely surprised and pictures don't do these justice
Can't wait to see the pics! Keep em coming.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote