Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-07-2016, 11:11 PM   #365
LiveWire195

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unscathed View Post
I have the latest firmware as of today:
I have it stored in my google drive

You need both files placed on a blank usb..

you want to put your AC panel into demo mode in order to perform the update.

Please follow these steps in sequence in order to so and perform the update:

1. Place the 2 attached files on an empty flash drive.
2. Turn the vehicle off.
3. Disconnect the 8 pin connector from the back of our UAC kit.
4. Plug the flash drive into the USB port.
5. Turn the car to the “On” position.
6. Press and hold the fan + and the power button (top left and bottom left buttons) on the UAC kit.
7. While pressing and holding the two buttons on the kit, plug the 8 pin connector back into the kit.
8. You should get the Scosche “splash” screen and the kit should take the firmware update. (You can let go of the two buttons once you see the unit power on.)
9. The screen will count up to 100 and say “Done” if successfully updated. If it says “Done without counting up to 100 then it already had the most up to day firmware. If it says “Failed” try again.

This should allow you to successfully perform the update. If you are still having issues, you might want to try using a different flash drive. We have encountered instances where users have had to use 2 or 3 different flash drives before they successfully loaded the firmware.

After performing the update, you’ll most likely have to cycle the key so the touch screen module can re-learn the vehicle.

Turn the car off, then cycle the ignition 3 times, the first 2 times from off to run or accessory and then actually start the vehicle on the 3rd attempt.
After starting the vehicle press and hold the “Set” button for 10 seconds. It should take you to the vehicle selection screen and make sure to select Camaro. <--- (I never got this part to work)
Ensure all the vehicle trim and AC options are correct.
Thanks for the informative post!

Few questions though.

1. What dash kit is this for, can you provide the model number?

2. What firmware version is this?

3. Any chance you have a changelog, or can you post the website where you got it from?

On a side note, I'm sure the flash drive has to be formatted to the FAT32 file system for the kit to pick it up.

Thank you so much!
LiveWire195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #366
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
TPS failure and Set Button Inoperative

Well like so many others... another bad panel.

I purchased the GM5201AB Installation Kit on 17Mar2016 for my 2015 Camaro LS. It was installed professionally with a new Pioneer AVIC-5100NEX on 24Mar2016. I had 3 issues. 1) The TPS system intermittently malfunctions and results in an error message to" Check the Tire Sensor System". 2) After 2 days, the Set Button is inoperative and did not do anything. It worked the first couple of days. Then I needed to adjust the display between night and day driving because the automatic dim feature would not work... Nothing. The display was very bright and needed to be adjusted for night driving. 3) The display does not dim or change when the headlights are turned on. The radio dims properly but the Scosche panel display does not change.

I used the Contact form on the Scosche website on two different days to send a request for an exchange or support. Not even an acknowledgement. I went back to the installer and told them to order a Metra Kit and its being changed out today! If the company will not even respond to an issue on a new purchase, why would I want to keep their product that is subpar already?
MyLocalDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:28 PM   #367
Gonzo SS

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS LS3/M6
Bought a used Scosche kit not only to save money, but to ensure that it worked properly since the person I bought it from didn't have any issues. Installed it three weeks ago and everything has been working great, but the key FOB range was only about 15-20 feet. I read that a firmware update had addressed this. I emailed Scosche about it and they said to update the firmware. I followed their instructions and now it won't power up. I knew this was a risk, but I thought I'd roll the dice since I like to roll down my windows from across the parking lot.

Since I bought it used I'm probably screwed. Anyone been able to recover from this? I tried the sitting in the car sweating for 10 minutes thing, but no luck.
Gonzo SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:12 PM   #368
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Same thing when I bought mine new the key fob was the only issue. I will not update the firmware. Been going strong for 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo SS View Post
Bought a used Scosche kit not only to save money, but to ensure that it worked properly since the person I bought it from didn't have any issues. Installed it three weeks ago and everything has been working great, but the key FOB range was only about 15-20 feet. I read that a firmware update had addressed this. I emailed Scosche about it and they said to update the firmware. I followed their instructions and now it won't power up. I knew this was a risk, but I thought I'd roll the dice since I like to roll down my windows from across the parking lot.

Since I bought it used I'm probably screwed. Anyone been able to recover from this? I tried the sitting in the car sweating for 10 minutes thing, but no luck.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:31 PM   #369
Gonzo SS

Quote:

Called Scosche and they couldn't do anything to fix it. They sold me just the touchscreen/hvac unit for $150. Installed it today and everything is working, so far no key fob range or tpms issues.

Old 08-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #370
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Called Scosche and they couldn't do anything to fix it. They sold me just the touchscreen/hvac unit for $150. Installed it today and everything is working, so far no key fob range or tpms issues.

At least you are up and running with something. Glad to hear it.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #371
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
What is the touchscreen/hvac unit
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:03 PM   #372
Gonzo SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whidobie View Post
What is the touchscreen/hvac unit
The touchscreen, buttons, and electronics are all one module that comes out of the dash kit.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #373
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
All this stuff about the scoche and metra kits suck. I really want to get the new kenwood deck, because it's freakin awesome, but am being held back in fear that since there are only 2 damn dash kits for our cars i'm going to have an issue. Seems like there are a lot of issues from people doing it themselves, but I would have my audio guys install everything, but even then i know there's NO guarantees.....sigh!
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #374
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Have had the scoche kit for over two years , zero issues except for the remote needs to be closer to the car to work better. Had it professionally installed bc I was worried as well. i think you will be fine with a professional install
Old 08-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #375
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Have had the scoche kit for over two years , zero issues except for the remote needs to be closer to the car to work better. Had it professionally installed bc I was worried as well. i think you will be fine with a professional install
I think it also has to do with what year model you have. Mine was professionally installed and did not work with the Metra or Scosche for the 2015 model. When the installer called Metra, they already knew their kit would not work with 2015 model but had no date for resolution... yet it is still being sold like there is nothing wrong. I have the new head unit and related peripheral items sitting on the shelf in my garage with the warranty time ticking away because I can't install.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #376
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I installed the scosche myself for almost 2 years without issue and I got the correct onstar canbus and XM adapter and everything. U have to install it correctly and get the correct supporting hardware with it. I just have the short range key fob issue.

My buddy has a 15' we installed his scosche as well no issues what so ever.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:33 AM   #377
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
I installed the scosche myself for almost 2 years without issue and I got the correct onstar canbus and XM adapter and everything. U have to install it correctly and get the correct supporting hardware with it. I just have the short range key fob issue.

My buddy has a 15' we installed his scosche as well no issues what so ever.
How long ago did your buddy do the install on his 15'? We had all the items required from Scosche also but when it failed and caused my whole instrument and dash to go dead, we called and were told it was not compatible with 2015 models yet.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:14 AM   #378
bubbagumper6

Drives: 2010 LT RS
So I'm trying to do the firmware update on my unit right now but can't figure it out for the life of me...

First of all, how do you put the unit in Demo mode???

I go through the steps to update it but when I plug in the 8pin connector I just get a very low volume tone from the speaker and the unit boots up missing two of the homescreen buttons and being generally unresponsive...

Edit: Nevermind FINALLY got it to take. Guess it really is picky when it comes to flash drives. Went through 4 different drives until I found one that worked.

Last edited by bubbagumper6; 07-02-2017 at 11:52 AM.
bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote