Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
NyCTempting2LT
Qnz Fynest

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
******** 2010-2012 Camaro Large Drivers Side Stealth Enclosure (Questions)

I've been looking into adding a sub to complement my BA system and decided to go with a stealth enclosure....I was looking at 2 options....The JL audio version or the ******** version. I have a couple of questions on the ******** box that I hope can get answered before I make the move. I really wanted to get a 12' w7 and i see on the site that they offer to cut the hole size for that speaker but my question is...

1.Does the internal space stay the same of 1.2 cu.ft or will that be modified as well....The reason I'm asking is because on the JL audio website the recommended volume is 1.375 cu ft....any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated

2.Does anyone have a pic of what the back of the ******** box looks like? I've heard many stories of people buying stealth enclosures from various companies and after a couple of months the box starts to go bad because its not form fitted to the space it is going in, thus it starts to vibrate and things like that...

3.On the website it says that this box fits both 10 and 12 inch speakers but i was curious...is each box cut to whatever sub dimension the customer orders or is it a universal application....Once again only asking because I heard universal mount stealth boxes don't hold up over time

4. Anyone who has this box already, I would love to hear your opinion on how it sounds, its construction, etc. Maybe a video or 2 lol
Old 03-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
I've got the 12" version, but the stock one fit my MTX sub, so don't know about the custom cut. It fits VERY tight into its hole, so much so that you don't need to worry about it moving around at all. Didn't like having to cut part of the carpeted liner to install it, but otherwise it is a pretty nice box.

Call Steve with your questions, he is pretty helpfull.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Hello,

I will try to briefly answer some of your questions. Feel free to call and we can discuss the details at length if you like.

1. Same. We can't make the box any bigger than it already is. That is the nature of a "stealth" box. You don't always have the luxury of just making it bigger whenever you want because of the restrictions of where the box fits. The volume is pretty close to what jl says and the guys that have the 12w7 in that box love it. Also at least we do provide specs of our box. JL does not, nor can they even fit a 12w7 in theirs. So if you compar our box with a w7 to jl's with a w6, our box with the w7 will be louder and still cost less.

2. We are not "various" companies though. We are the best mdf manufacturer in the industry and that is why people buy from us. The w7 upgrade version of our box includes a double thickness baffle and tons of extra countersunk screws in the box to ensure years of abuse. It's not gonna rattle apart like any of those other low grade chines built boxes like Atrend, Audio Enhancers, etc, etc. I have a w7 in a ******** built stealthbox in my own camaro and I like it a lot.

3. I don't know exactly what you are referring to by universal. Do you meant cutout size? Our standard cutout size for 10" is 9-1/8", For 12" it is 11-1/8". If you need something just a tad different, we can custom cut it to suit your needs if you tell us. If you don't tell us, then you would get either of our standard size holes.

Since JL subs have such wierd cutout sizes, we have put those in our menu as very specific items to select if you plan to use one of those subs. For JL 10w7 the cutout is 8.75" exact. For JL 12w7 it is 10.5" exact--just like manufacturer suggests. So when you select the 12w7 upgrade option on our site, the box will have a 10.5" hole and have the added beef as listed above.

Our large stealthbox truly is a nice box and I think you would enjoy the box as much as you'd enjoy the savings over the jl version.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
NyCTempting2LT
Qnz Fynest

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
Thank you very much for clearing up some of my concerns Steve....I will be in touch soon