Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #127
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
That's not true. I know for a fact that if I were to race my vehicle, and I told my insurance company, my rates would be much much higher.
it would only be insurance fraud if you wrecked your vehicle while racing and then tried to claim it happened on the street (and not street racing)... As long as you are honest with the details it is not fraud, of course if you are honest they can deny the claim, increase your rates or even drop your coverage completely, but it isn't fraud...
Old 03-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #128
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
No.. what I said IS true. It is not ILLEGAL to race your car and not tell your insurance company, however if they do know you race your car they have the right to drop your policy or jack your rates (most will drop you). There is nothing ILLEGAL about it, nor is it insurance fraud, just part of your policy agreement with your insurance company, same as a contract.
Well, I guess you're right that it's not illegal to withhold information about racing to your insurance company, it would only be illegal if you lied about not racing it when you eventually wreck it.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #129
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSE#1 View Post
I may not do anything illegal but what about extra martial affairs and lawyers getting access to my records; that's not the govt business! Your all just abunch of goodie goodies; wait 5 years when your car starts mailing you tickets like camaras do now; NO one is prefect!
This is a joke right....please tell me this is not a valid concern of yours...if it is then be careful....the government and lawyers might be watching you through your computer right now. LMAO

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #130
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
Well, I guess you're right that it's not illegal to withhold information about racing to your insurance company, it would only be illegal if you lied about not racing it when you eventually wreck it.
Thanks, sorry I was a bit abraisive in my response to you.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #131
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I don't do anything illegal, (aside from speed, and the occasional burnout) so i don't have to worry about anything. Besides, i've had OnStar in my Cobalt for the last three years, and haven't had any problems. In fact, its saved my ass a couple of times!
Exactly...if you aren't doing anything illegal...chances are no one will ever listen in on your life. I guess if people want to run around being paranoid about "big brother" they can...I just don't see the point. It's like Raymond in Rain Man...afraid to fly because of crashes...only people are afraid that someone will listen to them singing along to a song or hear them fart in the car...

Next we'll be talking about how bad black boxes are in cars...
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #132
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHawk View Post
Now now. Don't go bringing logic into this. Logic doesn't play with tinfoil hat crowd.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 AM   #133
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSE#1 View Post
I may not do anything illegal but what about extra martial affairs and lawyers getting access to my records; that's not the govt business! Your all just abunch of goodie goodies; wait 5 years when your car starts mailing you tickets like camaras do now; NO one is prefect!
Hope your wife dosen't read this
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #134
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Spoke with someone today in law enforcement while at some training who works with the FBI pretty regularly.

I told him the story floating around here about OnStar and he immediately started laughing.

He said wishes it were true, but reality is, it's not. Also said the FBI gets warrants for EVERYTHING even stuff they don't need to. People may try and convince you that big brother is watching....but it's a myth when it comes to things like OnStar

As for LoJack, having recently had some training on it, the transponder in a vehicle is not active unless the car is listed as stolen on NCIC....it's dormant and produces no signal the rest of the time....otherwise every police car with a LoJack system would constantly track every vehicle that it's installed on, which would be rather annoying.

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote