Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #295
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Hey Sloppy,

This car is the one I ordered recently except it's a V8 and doesn't have the 20" polished aluminum wheels I wanted. I called the dealership this morning and spoke with Mark Dunivant and the car is still there. I'm 5.5 hours away, and I was going to find some way to get a deposit to the dealer to hold it for me until I could get there later in the week to buy it.

I asked him to fax me the sticker cause he didn't know what wheels were on the car. I was guessing it's the standard RS wheel which is the Midnight Silver. Everything was going good with the discussion until he told me that he's asking $41,500. I asked him "so you are asking for more than MSRP for this car?" and he said "Yes, we get at least $1,000 over MSRP over the internet."

So I politely thanked him for his time and told him I was no longer interested Anyway, that's the scoop for anyone else interested in this white one.
Way to go !!. Everyone should pass up paying over MSRP for any Camaro. I hope all these retail+ dealers get stuck with these Camaros and end up eventually discounting them. I think that time may be coming sooner than they think.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #296
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Here is that car on eBay - they added a little bit more than $1k to the price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...=p4506.c0.m245
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #297
Abygale

Drives: .
Very interesting. No wonder he said something about the internet to me over the phone. Oh, and he never did send me the sticker, but I'm guessing MSRP is the starting bid he's listed which is the same price that SloppyJoe put in his original post.

I'm sure someone who is very impatient will buy it but it's a shame people conduct business this way. He could have made an honest deal with me (a very pretty brunette that will look damn good in that car) and got a lot of good publicity out of it but oh well his loss.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #298
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
41 grand? for a Camaro?
yeah right.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #299
myold88

Whats a "GT" ?.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #300
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Whats a "GT" ?.
I think it stands for a confused sales person that forgot what make of car he's selling.

I'm actually really starting to get mad, he's selling it on ebay for less than he quoted me over the phone this morning. Now, you see why women hate dealing with car salespeople. I know they all aren't as shady as this one, but plenty of them are.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #301
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Hey Sloppy,

This car is the one I ordered recently except it's a V8 and doesn't have the 20" polished aluminum wheels I wanted. I called the dealership this morning and spoke with Mark Dunivant and the car is still there. I'm 5.5 hours away, and I was going to find some way to get a deposit to the dealer to hold it for me until I could get there later in the week to buy it.

I asked him to fax me the sticker cause he didn't know what wheels were on the car. I was guessing it's the standard RS wheel which is the Midnight Silver. Everything was going good with the discussion until he told me that he's asking $41,500. I asked him "so you are asking for more than MSRP for this car?" and he said "Yes, we get at least $1,000 over MSRP over the internet."

So I politely thanked him for his time and told him I was no longer interested Anyway, that's the scoop for anyone else interested in this white one.
That really surprizes me! Bought mine there for MSRP in June. Mine was their very first camaro sale, so things have obviously changed since then? If I had known they were asking above MSRP, I would never have even posted it. My appologies.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #302
pino
Summit White 2SS WRS, Aut

Drives: Summit White 2SS on Order...
Taller Spoiler Anyone?

Is anyone considering the "larger" spoiler on their new Summit White Camaro. I've been looking at pics on the web with the larger spoiler and it looks really good. It's not one of those crazy 4' double decker spoilers. It just adds a little bit of a raised lip on the back. Anyone else considering?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #303
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
Is anyone considering the "larger" spoiler on their new Summit White Camaro. I've been looking at pics on the web with the larger spoiler and it looks really good. It's not one of those crazy 4' double decker spoilers. It just adds a little bit of a raised lip on the back. Anyone else considering?
If it was possible have I would have ordered my white 2SS/RS "spoiler delete". I've always thought less is more. My IO stripes will not be put on my spoiler- just like it better.
I did order the sunroof and 20" polished wheels so go figure. lol
Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #304
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pino View Post
which one are you talking about? the 70's style spoiler?
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #305
pino

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
which one are you talking about? the 70's style spoiler?
Actually, i was talking about the dovetail style. Not that huge wing. I'm not to crazy about a spoiler sticking up 2' in the air. I do like the taller dovetail (Earnhart Jr. Style) Of course in White. I'm also torn between painting the stripes on my Camaro or decal stripe package. Too many options...ahhhh.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #306
Zee28rs72
The White Lion

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS IO Interior, M6
I have thought about the taller spoiler and it does look good. But you can only get on certain colors or modles.

I agree myold88, I think the ralley stripes under the spoiler will look better. Have you heard a date when you may be meeting your new friend (Camaro) yet? My dealer told me I may see mine in about 2 weeks
Zee28rs72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #307
pino

I would be interested in hearing the new SS. I hope it has a nice gurggle to it like the mustang does. Ford has been able to perfect that exhaust sound somehow. Can't wait for mine to get here....
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #308
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee28rs72 View Post
I have thought about the taller spoiler and it does look good. But you can only get on certain colors or modles.

I agree myold88, I think the ralley stripes under the spoiler will look better. Have you heard a date when you may be meeting your new friend (Camaro) yet? My dealer told me I may see mine in about 2 weeks
Mine has been on the truck to my dealer from N.J. to here in Ct. for several days now. It was not delivered today so I hope I get it Thurs or Fri.
Built 8/3, shipped 8/5 via rail, now on the truck. This is like watching paint dry. lol

Tags
summit white, summit white camaro, white camaro