Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #7001
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Then what's everyone else's excuse?!?

A lot of the people going back and forth are those with no investment in either car...THAT (imo) is what allows the conversation to go on, and on, and on, and on...these people can make stuff up, one way or the other.
Very true, I just try and stay "neutral" on the subject's and base any statements on facts.

I can't wait to see more footage of this beast ripping apart track's!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:34 PM   #7002
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Ok, just to change the subject.

Audi vs. GM products

1 - I miss OnStar. Seriously, I really do miss OnStar
2 - Speaking of that.............$3,000 for NAV? Couldn't pay that much
3 - No back up sensors.................really?
4 - How do I listen to streaming internet music like I can in my Cruze when you tuck the connection in the glove box? Ever hear of Pandora? Maybe not a German thing
5 - And speaking of German things, do you really think remote start will hurt the environment??? Really?

But other than that short list, it is solid and awesome to drive.

1 - GM you need to build an SUV that handles this well.
2 - GM you need to get this level of fit, finish and materials in something. You are getting verrry close but you aren't at this level yet. And this isn't even the best Audi can do. From what I've seen, the XTS might just be there.
3 - GM you need to do something about real world FE. The Cruze is rated at 36 highway, I get 32. Most of the rest of GM products are well short of the EPA rating at the speeds I drive. The Audi, not yet broken in got 26 rated at 27.

There is my distraction from the ZL1 discussion.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #7003
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ok, just to change the subject.

Audi vs. GM products

1 - I miss OnStar. Seriously, I really do miss OnStar
2 - Speaking of that.............$3,000 for NAV? Couldn't pay that much
3 - No back up sensors.................really?
4 - How do I listen to streaming internet music like I can in my Cruze when you tuck the connection in the glove box? Ever hear of Pandora? Maybe not a German thing
5 - And speaking of German things, do you really think remote start will hurt the environment??? Really?

But other than that short list, it is solid and awesome to drive.

1 - GM you need to build an SUV that handles this well.
2 - GM you need to get this level of fit, finish and materials in something. You are getting verrry close but you aren't at this level yet. And this isn't even the best Audi can do. From what I've seen, the XTS might just be there.
3 - GM you need to do something about real world FE. The Cruze is rated at 36 highway, I get 32. Most of the rest of GM products are well short of the EPA rating at the speeds I drive. The Audi, not yet broken in got 26 rated at 27.

There is my distraction from the ZL1 discussion.
I had no idea you were driving a Audi......

Audi's interiors are usually very well done.

Last edited by ShnOmac; 11-20-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #7004
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture. Born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

The only thing he's concerned about is his next meal and diaper change.
Attached Images

Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #7005
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

If he had to be early, could have at least shot for 11/11/11 LOL

Awesome and congratulations, everyone looks happy and healthy. And hopefully a future Camaro owner.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #7006
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
This is Carson with mother. He's hot out of the oven (gel on the eyes) in this picture. Born Saturday 11/12/11........he was three weeks early and weighed in at 7 lbs and 8 ozs.

Glad every one is healthy!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 PM   #7007
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Glad every one is healthy!

On a completely different note...apologies for changing topic...

I can sleep soundly tonight...It would seem I've helped to convert a former foreign-car nut to the light side of the force. WAAAayyyy back in 2008 (), he was in the market to replace his beater 80s civic...I had just purchased my Cobalt, and loved everything about it -- I made sure to tell him.

I let him drive it a little, told him about it...and in a matter of weeks he was convinced enough to give it a try, and had a black Cobalt LT.

In the subsequent years, he'd busted that car up so bad in so many ways...:(....ending recently with an accident that scrapped it for good.

Well, I got a message from him today that he'd just purchased a Cruze LT to replace it. He said he'd rented Chargers and Altimas, etc, in the meantime...and that he felt the Cruze blew them all away. In his words: "WOW!"

I'm a happy camper.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #7008
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

On a completely different note...apologies for changing topic...

I can sleep soundly tonight...It would seem I've helped to convert a former foreign-car nut to the light side of the force. WAAAayyyy back in 2008 (), he was in the market to replace his beater 80s civic...I had just purchased my Cobalt, and loved everything about it -- I made sure to tell him.

I let him drive it a little, told him about it...and in a matter of weeks he was convinced enough to give it a try, and had a black Cobalt LT.

In the subsequent years, he'd busted that car up so bad in so many ways...:(....ending recently with an accident that scrapped it for good.

Well, I got a message from him today that he'd just purchased a Cruze LT to replace it. He said he'd rented Chargers and Altimas, etc, in the meantime...and that he felt the Cruze blew them all away. In his words: "WOW!"

I'm a happy camper.
Nicely done. Glad you had a good camping trip Cruze is awesome.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #7009
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
...gotta agree with you. The 2LT RS Cruze we helped our daughter purchase is such a nicely rounded out car. It handily beats the class competition from all the other manufacturers for overall quality,features, performance and price. On a side note I had to make sure I posted on page 282....my old badge number....good karma thing I thought...
Old 11-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #7010
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
On a side note I had to make sure I posted on page 282....my old badge number....good karma thing I thought...
Is there any chance you were dyslexic...and your badge number was actually Z28?!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #7011
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Is there any chance you were dyslexic...and your badge number was actually Z28?!
Hahaha!. True that my friend, it's in my DNA. Oooops,...trolls in the wire again...gotta run...fire in the hole!
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #7012
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Alright, what is up with all the trucking stuff....?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #7013
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post

From the extended hiatus from the forum a while back, to the honesty of his recent posts, both good and bad, about GM products and the fact that he is moving to my neck of the woods, I'm going to put two and two together and say he is no longer employed by GM.

Just a guess, and I hope all is going well regardless.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #7014
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
From the extended hiatus from the forum a while back, to the honesty of his recent posts, both good and bad, about GM products and the fact that he is moving to my neck of the woods, I'm going to put two and two together and say he is no longer employed by GM.

Just a guess, and I hope all is going well regardless.
You are correct. I am now with Navistar, which like GM, is a holding company. Brands include, from my sig, International Trucks, Monaco Motor Homes and IC Bus among others.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014