Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #29
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Gotta love leaks lol embargo

it is dimesionally smaller than the 4.6 look at the room between the valleys, you can fit a bookshelf in the 4.6's valley. still looks nice without the plastic crap.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #30
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Reminds me of the old Taurus SHO's. When they first came out they were the best looking engine made.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #31
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
where are you getting these pics lol

nevermind
Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #32
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
where are you getting these pics lol
what pics
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #33
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It looks like it has 8 cylinders. Let's get it installed and start running it.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 12-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #34
fazm

thats a 6 cylinder in the 2nd pic, not an 8
Old 12-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #35
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Good job Ford, that's a hell of a lot better than the current engine bay.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #36
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
thats a 6 cylinder in the 2nd pic, not an 8
Really? Look like 4 on each side to me
Old 12-25-2009, 10:22 PM   #37
fazm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Really? Look like 4 on each side to me
the rear 2 are coolant passage ports, look closer

thats the 3.7 in the new v6
Old 12-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #38
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
cool
Old 12-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #39
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
nice engine, generic looking car (just my opinion for it is worth)
Old 12-26-2009, 02:04 AM   #40
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Hey everyone! Man its been a long time since I've been on here. My absence is partly due to starting a new job and putting in long hours there, and partly because I felt that now that the car is released, 90% of the speculation is over, and my plans to get a Camaro (or any new car) have been pushed way back for economic reasons, there just hasn't been much for me here.

I saw the pics of the new Mustang engine on Jalopnik, and it just blew me away. Before my hiatus, I did a bit of griping about the Camaro's engine bay. GM just seems to be getting a little lazy in the engine bay design, putting a big bland plastic cover over everything. It might as well be a second hood! I posted pics of the Audi S5 engine bay as an example of doing it right, but on a big big budget. Well I have to say, the Mustang's engine bay comes close to the S5 standard, and in a much better price range. I gotta say, between the near-equivalent power, much better weight, and much better interior, I'm strongly considering the Mustang now. The only thing that bugs me is that the Mustang is so ubiquitous - everyone and their mom has one and there is nothing really stand-out about the design.

I want to put a disclaimer here promising I'm not just coming back to pick on the Camaro and praise the Mustang. I still love the Camaro. I'm seeing more and more on the road and yet every time I see one it just creates a special feeling that the Mustang doesn't. It is a very special, very cool car. I just can't help but feel that the Mustang disproves the excuses made for some of the compromises we have to deal with, like the idea you can't have a really nice interior on a car that performs this well at this price, or that the car had to be 4000 lbs to handle the big V8 power. Other than styling, the only real objective advantage the Camaro retains over the Mustang is IRS. It kinda bums me out GM dropped the ball like this and makes me kinda worried they're slipping back into the old complacency. On the other hand, if they haven't gone back to the bad old ways, then maybe we can hope that the respond with improvements that leapfrog the new Mustang. That idea gets me excited.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 AM   #41
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Awesome looking engine. I have to say its better looking than the Camaro's by far..
Old 12-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #42
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Hey everyone! Man its been a long time since I've been on here. My absence is partly due to starting a new job and putting in long hours there, and partly because I felt that now that the car is released, 90% of the speculation is over, and my plans to get a Camaro (or any new car) have been pushed way back for economic reasons, there just hasn't been much for me here.

I saw the pics of the new Mustang engine on Jalopnik, and it just blew me away. Before my hiatus, I did a bit of griping about the Camaro's engine bay. GM just seems to be getting a little lazy in the engine bay design, putting a big bland plastic cover over everything. It might as well be a second hood! I posted pics of the Audi S5 engine bay as an example of doing it right, but on a big big budget. Well I have to say, the Mustang's engine bay comes close to the S5 standard, and in a much better price range. I gotta say, between the near-equivalent power, much better weight, and much better interior, I'm strongly considering the Mustang now. The only thing that bugs me is that the Mustang is so ubiquitous - everyone and their mom has one and there is nothing really stand-out about the design.

I want to put a disclaimer here promising I'm not just coming back to pick on the Camaro and praise the Mustang. I still love the Camaro. I'm seeing more and more on the road and yet every time I see one it just creates a special feeling that the Mustang doesn't. It is a very special, very cool car. I just can't help but feel that the Mustang disproves the excuses made for some of the compromises we have to deal with, like the idea you can't have a really nice interior on a car that performs this well at this price, or that the car had to be 4000 lbs to handle the big V8 power. Other than styling, the only real objective advantage the Camaro retains over the Mustang is IRS. It kinda bums me out GM dropped the ball like this and makes me kinda worried they're slipping back into the old complacency. On the other hand, if they haven't gone back to the bad old ways, then maybe we can hope that the respond with improvements that leapfrog the new Mustang. That idea gets me excited.
That is the only reason it is not on my ''to be considered'' list. I am sure it is a great car, and I'd be shocked if it didn't win every comparison test it will run (considering it was a close second in the soon-to-be dated tests even though it was down on power before), and I like the way the car is put together better. But at the end of the day, the Mustang is a common car. Even worse perhaps is that it is so common with the 'underage' crowd.

I'd be more likely to spend money on this car if it came at a premium price (37kish).... that way it'd keep the highschoolers away from it.
Closed Thread