Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
flyjbaker

Drives: none yet
BringGO!!!...FYI....

I have never heard about this....maybe you have not either. I did a search on the website and nothing turned up. I was talking to a rep at my local Chevy dealership who has an allocation and we were going through the minimal options on this car. We came to the navigation option and I declined and he said something to the effect that that was probably a smart move since BringGo(sp) will be offered on Chevy cars soon. It will be launched on the Spark...I know nothing about the Spark. I was trying to ask whether I would be able to install it via MyLink retroactively and I couldn't get a straight answer out of him. He did say it was a $50 "app". I do not know if that is an app you put on your phone or on the MyLink or both. But it sounded like it was only $50 regardless.

Just FYI if you will be ordering a ZL1 soon...or any "MyLink capable car....

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...nectivity.html
flyjbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
He said it was a smart move, maybe because it still may be on constraint for his allocation.
You still need the big screen that is on the 13s. There are many after market NAVs out there also.
That is old news. That was out in August.
It can be used on the NAV cars also with my link.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #3
flyjbaker

The big screen is there regardless of whether you check the $795 box or not....what's your point? Mine is 50 bucks...and you're in business....not $795. And the constraint is questionably a myth...
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Skylane765

Then just get the $50 one. He is a salesman. Just make sure your phone is in cell range (remember it says Even in Poor coverage, not no service) to run it. I have checked into it 2 month ago and waited for the NAV.
It works like all other NAV apps as long as you have cell coverage even with the new iPhone 5. There are many cars with my link that do not have a big screen for the NAV to show, yes the 13s do the 12s are smaller.
The blk wheels and CF hood is a myth also.
The spark is fine if saving money, I just wanted all options that would be wanted later on if was ever to sell.

Last edited by Skylane765; 10-28-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:26 AM   #5
flyjbaker

My post wasn't to argue or to justify a purchase....it was simply to FYI. I had never heard of it. Maybe there were some like me. I understand the limitations. And also 99.9% of the time when I get into my car, I know where I am going. The other .1%, my phone does a very good job. This may be a decent compromise for some. Nav gear in a sports car is mostly gadgetry/jewelry.

PS...will be ordering soon....with black wheels and CF insert. Will let ya know...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
Skylane765

I wanted a map, onstar does not give that. I do not want any turn by turn. Yes The car in itself is jewelry, and the CF hood also. The point is when in a bad reception as I had in Oshkosh the cell phone app map was no good and I wish I had a real GPS. Yes most drivers know where they are going but having a map is a good thing to have for me.
You will never know until the order is placed and accepted on what you can get or not get, been there done that. It is very strange some dealers get things others do not. I had a order for 2 months with blk wheels NAV and CFHood then when time for GM to pick the order all three where on constraint. So my dealer found a trade for me to get them all. I would think the NAV is no big deal to most, but it was for me so I waited for the 13s to get it.
Remember the dealer needs a allocation to make the real order, just getting a order # does not always get the car in line to be built. I ended up making a new order # after my first with the same dealer to do a dealer trade.
GM never anticipated the demand for the blk wheels was what I was told and the CFhood had problems at first.

Last edited by Skylane765; 10-28-2012 at 01:21 AM.