Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #29
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Nice build thread Nick... The videos are cool, but getting to see all your lights at the track was way better.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:44 AM   #30
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Woooow I love LEDs , I really dig what you've done with the trunk.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #31
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
Thanks Aaron and Pierre! My Mom asked me what I was gonna do next to top myself... I don't have anything yet
Old 06-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #32
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

New Video!!!

Raw footage taken for our Club video. Check it out, and ignore the audio. Funny hearing us getting kicked out in the beginning Last forty seconds are awesome getting to see the wheels moving on Las Vegas Blvd passing the LV sign

Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #33
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

New Photos!!!

Yeah, I'm a dork. Took some new photos in the dark to show off the lights. I think they look pretty cool
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #34
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

New project, make it all orange!!!

So I got a buddy Stephen Strong with a 2011 RS/SS that did a great job painting all the grey plastic orange inside his car. He had a stick, so it was a little easier I figured I could add my own flare and painted behind the door pulls too

I recently installed a set of AAC side markers for a club member, hotrodsally, and it got me thinking. I also saw what everybody else was doing blacking them out, or adding their own LED strip mimicking the AAC ones. I knew I could do better, I made them disappear!!! I painted and cleared them to blend in seamlessly with the rest of the car. I changed out the bulbs to, you guessed it, LED's!!! lol, but just little bulbs. I could have done two strips inside, and may still some day, but I am really happy with the results. They look awesome!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<Just added last three pics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Did the color matched marker lights for club pres Alex. He drives a 45th Anniv in carbon flash metallic. I told him light wouldn't go through black, and it didn't!!! lol See last three pic's of finished product. They actually match paint perfect, but have less orange peel than factory paint!!! Who needs marker lights anyway!!!! ha, ha

New HD vids!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 09-18-2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add pic's
nicave13@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #35
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Dash Dream Color 2.0!!!

So I been painting all week and I was like, I can fix the dream color!!! Originally I just sanded the entire top of the strip off to let the LED's show directly through. It worked, but the entire LED strip was exposed. Only the LED which is about a 1/4" needs to show so I was gonna mask off that bit and paint the rest.

Man was I in for some work. I pulled the strips and re-sanded with 320, 600 and 2000 all wet than buffed to crystal clear. Than I masked everything, roughed up what was to be painted, hit with adhesion promoter and like 5 coats of paint!!! No clear needed, the panel is 1/8" of clear!!!

That was the easy part. My first strip failed once I finally had it all back together. Luckily I had a long spare I trimmed off a couple sections. All wasn't perfect yet. I super glue my wiring ends on and apparently the glue interferes with the circuitry, ugh!!! I scraped the glue off the resistor and it works!!! Tested for 5 minutes and no failure, hopefully it stays that way. I still want to do someone's car with Dream Color, but non-exposed LED's. I just wanna sand a small 1/16 or maybe 1/8th strip to let the glow through and face the LED's backwards. Imagine how cool that would look, and more subtle

Check out this new HD day time video. They are sooo bright!!! lol

Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 09-18-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Add pics
Old 06-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #36
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

New pic's from Father's Day Car Show at Anthem Country Club

I am a member of Sin City Camaro Club. We have around 30 members at any given time. This week we were invited to the Father's Day Car Show at Anthem Country Club. We had 20 cars in the show or double any other club. I took pic's for everybody, but here are some nice ones of my car. You can really see how nice the new sidemakers and shark fin look
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #37
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Finishing project Orange Attack!!!

I hadn't seen it done, but I knew from the beginning that my gray radio would have to turn orange just like the rest of the gray interior bits. My thought is the black parts blend and don't need to change, but that gray had to go!

Like most things it was a lot of work, but I am happy with the finished product. It really ties the center of the car together. I will be writing my first DIY about it, in case anyone else wants to do it see, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232494

Pictures show the beginning, pre-assembly and installed in the car.

HD VID!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 02-06-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #38
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

See, I can do subtle :P

Got some flack for doing my ambient lighting so bright and flashy. Yes, totally useless day to day... Well, nothing gets more attention day or night.

Back to subtle. I decided the factory dome light wasn't cutting it anymore. I needed more light... I bought one 5m 300 LED RGB strip and cheap $5 controller. I installed 11 individual strips throughout the interior. Two strips in the dome light, one long one in the rear window, both footwells, under the seats front and rear and finally both sill plates lighting up the Transformers Plates.

Total there are 294 RGB 5050 LED's. It took 140 feet of wire, 40 butt splice connectors and around 20 zip ties, not to mention the connectors I put on and hot glued in place. It is spliced into the factory dome light circuit and comes on with the switch or opening the doors. It will do all colors of the spectrum including any shade. It will light up the same every time you open the door. It does 7 color fades, flashes, white strobe, etc. Also dim able for total control!!! I even have a switch to turn off the dome and rear light so only the lower lights are on. I mounted the IR receiver inside the drivers vent for the remote.

Here's the vid, now in HD!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 09-18-2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: add text
Old 06-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
If you can't post something respectful, then don't post at all...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #40
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

totally agree

I totally agree. We all have our own tastes. Some people don't realize with the lights off my car looks like a factory IOM Transformers edition Camaro.

Looks like the post was removed, thankfully.

QUOTE=radz28;5191121]If you can't post something respectful, then don't post at all...[/QUOTE]
Old 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I may have missed a pic of it, but where are the switches? Or are they remote? Curious to see where you located the switches if you have pictures.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #42
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I just found this thread and I've got to say you are amazing! The Bumblebee picture with the LED eyes is so sick! Major, major props to you.
I really want to do something like your center console too if you don't mind a copycat (it wouldn't be transformers at least!)

Tags
led transformers turbo