Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Neffarious

Drives: 2012 SS (2SS/RS, M6, IOM/Blk Rally)
Service Stabilitrak Error

I had a my DIC light up chirstmas tree and service stabilitrack error on the screen pop up, then it imidaitely dissapeared. I have seen threads like this before, but I did feel something noticalbly wrong when driving my 5 min commute to work.

I have had my car back from a cam, headers, and tune for about 2 months now with nothing like this before. I have a error code from P1133 that the tuner said would show up and go away perioudically, but that wouldnt have anything to do with stabilitrack.

In your next picture post, DIY guide, or advertisement thread take a moment and think of the color blind guy. Thanks.
Neffarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
You shouldn't get the 1133 unless you're missing some O2 sensors that weren't tuned out. You can get service stabilitrak when you start the car and move the wheel while the starter is engaged.

I would be more worried having the exhaust work done and getting the 1133 code. That's going to end up causing a lean/rich mixture and could be dangerous.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Neffarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
You shouldn't get the 1133 unless you're missing some O2 sensors that weren't tuned out. You can get service stabilitrak when you start the car and move the wheel while the starter is engaged.

I would be more worried having the exhaust work done and getting the 1133 code. That's going to end up causing a lean/rich mixture and could be dangerous.

Thank you, but I did forget to mention that I had been driving when I had the error. Will the computer act the same 4 min into a drive?

In your next picture post, DIY guide, or advertisement thread take a moment and think of the color blind guy. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
garcmol

Okay, when the exhaust was done, they could have nicked one of the wheel speed sensors. This is a tiny, brittle plastic piece that is easily snapped and has happened to folks. This will cause all the warning lights you are getting. Happened to forum member Bull F16. Might want to shoot him a PM.

Also, exhaust headers or cutouts.... basically changes to the exhaust have caused the Yaw sensor to sort of wig out and throw up the warning lights as well.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Neffarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Okay, when the exhaust was done, they could have nicked one of the wheel speed sensors. This is a tiny, brittle plastic piece that is easily snapped and has happened to folks. This will cause all the warning lights you are getting. Happened to forum member Bull F16. Might want to shoot him a PM.

Also, exhaust headers or cutouts.... basically changes to the exhaust have caused the Yaw sensor to sort of wig out and throw up the warning lights as well.
Thanks again. Update... On my drive home i could tell my car is hurting. It has a very jerky acceleration. When I have my clutch engaged I feel feedback, kinda like a tick every 3 seconds (same thing with my gear shifter).

I got the error codes read and I have a P1133 and P1153 as well as a miss fire on #5. The stabilitrack error now comes on for about 5 seconds around every couple of min.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
I had this happen when my #8 plug wire came loose. Check your wire on #5 as it may just not have been 100% seated.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
Neffarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries240SS View Post
I had this happen when my #8 plug wire came loose. Check your wire on #5 as it may just not have been 100% seated.
Sure as shit, #5 was loose. Thank you so much, kinda late and I have had a couple beers so the test drive will have to wait till the morning.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #8
garcmol

Me too. But glad that was it. I've seen misfires trigger stabilitrak messages, but typically it throws a misfire code. Hope this is it.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #9
Neffarious

OK, that fixed everything and now its back to its old self. The P1133 dissapeared for about 2 hours then came back on. Time to find a better tune.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
Glad it was this simple for you.