Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #71
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRod View Post
Getting ready to order. There are a few cars out there that have had their's painted. I really like the way a fellow member has her's painted gloss black. Any cons in getting the product painted? Thanks in advance.
Not that I can see as long as it is professionally done (I would reccomend powder coating it as that is what we do). It will already be ceramic coated, which is where the thermal protection comes in. If you do know for a fact that you are having it custom finished make sure to order the "Near Chrome" option because the black has a textured finish. There are a few companies floating around this forum that specifically offer these services for our line of CAI's. Do some hunting around and I am sure you will find them!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #72
LRod

Drives: 2SS/RS/A6 Victory Red
Thanks for the feedback!

I ended up ordering the black, since my engine bay is red and black. I guess I shouldn't worry about getting it painted right now, as I have a long mod list. Appreciate the feedback and looking forward to getting the CAI in a few days.
LRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #73
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
I ended up ordering the black, since my engine bay is red and black. I guess I shouldn't worry about getting it painted right now, as I have a long mod list. Appreciate the feedback and looking forward to getting the CAI in a few days.
Makes sense, the black looks great IMO. Let us know when you get it, we would love to get some feedback and see some pics! I am sure you will really enjoy the mod, and after seeing it installed you will forget all about painting it!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #74
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Did you get that bad boy installed yet? Keep us posted!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #75
LRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Did you get that bad boy installed yet? Keep us posted!
I received it on Monday, and have been laid up with the flu since. Damn the bad luck All I can do right now is admire it. Will post pics as soon as I get it installed.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #76
LRod

Got it installed today while fighting off the flu. Wasn't a brilliant idea, as I had to keep sitting down, and my fuse was short, but wanted to get it in. Just noticed that I need to re-position the clamps. I couldn't get the shrink tube to wrap and seal on the left hand side. I used a hair dryer and got it pretty hot but did not want to seal completely. Any suggestions? Also, there is a second post that now is visible from where the old intake was mounted. What is everybody doing with this?
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #77
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Got it installed today while fighting off the flu. Wasn't a brilliant idea, as I had to keep sitting down, and my fuse was short, but wanted to get it in. Just noticed that I need to re-position the clamps. I couldn't get the shrink tube to wrap and seal on the left hand side. I used a hair dryer and got it pretty hot but did not want to seal completely. Any suggestions? Also, there is a second post that now is visible from where the old intake was mounted. What is everybody doing with this?
Looks great. You are not the first person to use a hair drier. Any heat source will work. I have even heard from customers that used a lighter. Not sure what you could do with the post.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #78
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Looks great, good job!

As for the other bolt stud, not a whole lot you can do with that as far as I have seen. For the heat shrink, I can not figure out why just one side had an issue, but my guess would be inconsistent heat from the hair dryer?? Maybe you heated it up and it shrunk, then it cooled off and you heated it up again? I am not saying that this is what happened, I am just speculating as to why you only had an issue with one side of it. As long as it has a decent seal on there you should have no worries. If it bothers you, the heat shrink we use can be found at most hardware type stores and is pretty inexpensive if you want to have another go at it.

Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Let us know if you need anything!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #79
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Looks great. You are not the first person to use a hair drier. Any heat source will work. I have even heard from customers that used a lighter.
Whatever it takes to get the job done I guess!
Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #80
Sales @ CAI Inc

Lots of Emails, PM's and phone calls over the last few weeks so.....
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #81
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Great post! We are always happy to answer questions on CAI products as well. Please feel free to call, PM or email us anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #82
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
Just installed ours yesterday and it was a snap to do, took about 20-30 min start to finish. Looks great and can't wait for spring to arrive!!! Thanks CAI
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #83
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_Alaska View Post
Just installed ours yesterday and it was a snap to do, took about 20-30 min start to finish. Looks great and can't wait for spring to arrive!!! Thanks CAI
Thats awesome!! Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #84
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
hey you i got the same l99 on my engine cover! and ill have the same intake as long as the ups man gets here!

Quote:
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote