Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #15
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Look at how wide the rear tires are. This one is the real beast! I like the look of the narrow fronts and wide rears. I also like how low she is in comparison to the Suburban. I'd like it if they washed her though. We'd be able to see more detail. That is one dirty car.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #16
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Awesome pics! You know GM put it out there with all the Challenger buzz going around.
Hyperknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #17
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
One thing I noticed in the first pic posted in the thread, the rear wheels look bigger than the fronts like 19's and 20's.
This doesn't surprise me, I believe I heard something about Bumblebee and the other concepts having 21's and 22's.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #18
[KRPT]ECP
Professional Lurker

Drives: '97 LeSabre
VERY nice find, looks loads better in black as compared to white!!!!
[KRPT]ECP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
The black looks AWESOME!!:party0038:

This is going to be a hard decision because I want a sunroof but I love the reverse mohawk!!! ahhh my brain cant decide what to do!

One thing I noticed in the first pic posted in the thread, the rear wheels look bigger than the fronts like 19's and 20's. IDK, maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me? I just hope they are all the same size so I can rotate them.

And do they really have to put those DAMN watermarks all over, too much advertisement.
Perhaps they are experimenting with wider rears and smaller fronts. The Challenger offers that as an option on the SRT8. But look at the picture of the camoed Camaro next to the Suburban and the van. Looks like they are all the same size on that one.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:08 PM   #20
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Great, more pics!

You know, I want the V8 little tail from the concept but the cool thing is...this car is so dang good looking that the rear looks great even without the little tail on it.

She is a sexy beast isn't she!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I cant locate the gas cap on either the right or left. Maybe its just because black gaps dont show up well against a black car with a low res camera. The one other thing that I noticed was that there is no spoiler, but it doesn't look bad without one, just better with one.

That thing looks angry . . . I love it! Spyshots are the best way to make a day better.

Oh, and dont worry about that Camaro getting tested in the snow, it probably wont shorten its life any. It will likely get crushed because thats what happens to test vehicles. They cant be sold to the public, and they cant store them all forever, so most get destroyed once they serve their purpose. I'm sure there are some exceptions though, hopefully some early Camaros survive, particularly the silver coupe if only 1 can be saved
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:17 PM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Cool to see new pix. And I agree...

MOVE YOUR DAMN WATERMARK, JALOPNIK!!!!! Use your freaking brains!!! People want to see the car, not your watermark and your stupid watermark just jacked up the entire picture!!!!!!! Mark it on the top/bottom/side, etc....not directly on the car.

rear pic looks the best. Can't wait to see more. I'd really like to see someone do a chop w/ the concept wheels, lights, etc added back on so we can see just how close this is to the real deal.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #23
[KRPT]ECP
Professional Lurker

Drives: '97 LeSabre
not to get anyone's hopes up, but there's an inconsistency on the rear driver's side above the wheels that's circular, there's no rectangular inconsistency on either side of the car...
Attached Images

[KRPT]ECP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #24
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Looking mean is right!!!! I love it!!!! Holy cow in the snow too!!! Being in Chicago, it fits driving in the snow.

I was again not expecting these spyshots but thrilled to see them. Wow, it looks so angry, I love it! I want it now! Even after seeing the Challenger in person and in black, it doesn't come close to this spy photo.
I'm so psyched!!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #25
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up YEAH!!

More Pics!!

fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
wow the black makes it look soo much better. good stuff on the ninja spy shots

another thing iv noticed on the production is that the front grill is bigger in height than that of the concept with imo i like more.

i think were gona see a good amount of new pics in these upcomin month, and i cant wait heheheh
Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #27
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Very nice, I am liking the pre-production more and more, but I still hope those are not the production headlights.
bouncertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by [KRPT]ECP View Post
not to get anyone's hopes up, but there's an inconsistency on the rear driver's side above the wheels that's circular, there's no rectangular inconsistency on either side of the car...
i noticed that too...was gonna post something bout it but you beat me to it! i think we are gonna find that GM is stringing us along and either a) the gas cap hasnt moved and its all a ha-ha joe, or b - they put it someplace that'll be cooler than the original location.

we'll have to wait and see.

edit: the problem with that is that i went and looked at the jalopnik pics on their site, and from the looks of it - that little incongruity is actually snow or cloud reflection in the nice black paint. STILL - i cant find a trace of a gas filler door on the car - even with a low res cam you should STILL see a gas filler door (trust me...i have a black car - taken pics with low res cam, can still see gas filler door...icky.) somewhere on th ecar and i cant make it out.

im thinkin they hid it behind the license plate ala 3rd gen...or something like that. (keep the lines clean)