Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Mylink Integrated Navigation Upgrade

I just saw another member post that they had installed this iGo Mylink Integrated Navigation Upgrade. I have never heard of it. Has anyone else had this installed? Hopefully, we can get some testimonials about this product, collected here.

Here's a video of this system in action.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
Terebit
TBit

Drives: 1973 Camaro Type LT & 2013 ZL1
I've got the iGo in my 13 ZL1. The chevy dealer had it installed at a local shop and they're covering it under the new car warranty. I've only used it once while bringing the car home from the dealer; but it worked great on that drive. It's integrated with the myLink; to the extent that it uses the same screen and is brought to life by holding down the Mute button on the steering wheel. All the programming is done using the touch screen. The graphics look good, the voice is selectable (I like the female voice with a British accent), and the commands seem accurate (including good preparatory distance calls). She even told me what the speed limits were on most of the roads along the way (maybe too much like my wife!). The car's been in the garage waiting for better weather, and salt free roads, since I got it home; so I haven't been able to shake out the navigation system much more; but so far I'm pretty pleased with it.
Terebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
wtcadman

Drives: 2013 black 2lt with rs package
Interesting. I got get this
wtcadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Now thats cool!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #5
majedalanni

Drives: 2013 Convertible CaMaro
So did u ask the dealer to install it. Each time ask them they said there is nothing for my link. I have 13 1lt. And is it gonna cost me and what should I tell them to install it?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebit View Post
I've got the iGo in my 13 ZL1. The chevy dealer had it installed at a local shop and they're covering it under the new car warranty. I've only used it once while bringing the car home from the dealer; but it worked great on that drive. It's integrated with the myLink; to the extent that it uses the same screen and is brought to life by holding down the Mute button on the steering wheel. All the programming is done using the touch screen. The graphics look good, the voice is selectable (I like the female voice with a British accent), and the commands seem accurate (including good preparatory distance calls). She even told me what the speed limits were on most of the roads along the way (maybe too much like my wife!). The car's been in the garage waiting for better weather, and salt free roads, since I got it home; so I haven't been able to shake out the navigation system much more; but so far I'm pretty pleased with it.
majedalanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #6
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Its kind of expensive.
http://www.mocar.us/

Here is a guy that tried it and likes it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271565
djnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
Jesustinoco

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS
Anyone know anything else on that iGo installation? Where to find the FW etc?
Jesustinoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
nvofevery1

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 6 Sp Dusk Edition
Has anyone done this? I want to get it integrated into my Camaro.

nvofevery1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
djnice

Drives: 13 ZL1 SIM, 99 Z28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvofevery1 View Post
I have heard these guys can convert the system pretty easily and inexpensive. http://gm-navigation.com/

The info is not on their website you need to call. This looks like a better deal than the iGO system.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #10
GTPprix
I hack cars.

Drives: Lots ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvofevery1 View Post
Contact GEN5DIY they have the parts in stock to do it the OEM way at an unbeatable price WITH the right programming; something other companies can't offer (I've been replacing a lot of divots lately LOL)
GTPprix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:02 AM   #11
gbrooks110

Drives: 1997 Camaro Z28 30th Anniversary
GTPprix can you elaborate more.... I am looking at a 2013 ZL1 without Nav, and want to ad Nav, what parts would I need as well as software... If you have price, help, or suggestions I would appreciate it.
gbrooks110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:00 AM   #12
Katauna_TheModel

Drives: 2013 2LS
Yes please keep me informed as well
Katauna_TheModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #13
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrooks110;76854to 34
GTPprix can you elaborate more.... I am looking at a 2013 ZL1 without Nav, and want to ad Nav, what parts would I need as well as software... If you have price, help, or suggestions I would appreciate it.
I recently purchased a factory Mylink with Nav from an aftermarket source. The install was $200. The Mylink $1400. There are out of market alternatives to Mylink but they don't work 100% with the Camaro's features. The cheapest alternative is buying a stand alone Garnmin GPS. Garmin is the best if you don't mind having it take up space somewhere on your front dash. I tried that and didn't like it because it just seemed to cheapen the inside appearance to me.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
I added MyLink with Nav to my 2011 Camaro for the touchscreen. But I rarely use the Navigation feature. Both Google Maps and Waze on my iPhone are so far superior to any factory Nav I've ever used that I don't see the point. I just got a nice mount for my iPhone from ProClips USA and don't bother ever using MyLink for Navigation. And if I'm connected with Bluetooth, the directions come over the car stereo speakers. The only feature I miss with this is seeing directions in the HUD but otherwise, the functionality of the iPhone apps, particularly with searching for an address, far outweighs the single negative.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote