Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #1037
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Looks like most every body is busy this weekend. Maybe we can pick another time to get together and tell a few lies. I may go ahead and put my car in the show this weekend. I have to help work a both for East TN Camaro Club also.
I stopped by the booth and picked up a red Camaro convertible hotwheels and a flier for the June Camaro show. It's on my wife's birthday so I hope she will want to go.

Today's show was ok but the cars are too close together to get to see them all or even get good pictures. I think they either need a bigger place or restrict the number of cars participating.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #1038
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Sorry I missed you. It is packed but I guess that is how they make there money. Did you see the Trans-Am conversion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I stopped by the booth and picked up a red Camaro convertible hotwheels and a flier for the June Camaro show. It's on my wife's birthday so I hope she will want to go.

Today's show was ok but the cars are too close together to get to see them all or even get good pictures. I think they either need a bigger place or restrict the number of cars participating.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #1039
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_breeze View Post
Sorry I missed you. It is packed but I guess that is how they make there money. Did you see the Trans-Am conversion?
No I missed it somehow, there were several places I couldn't get to for all the people that seemed to just want to stand around and talk blocking what little space between the cars that there was. Where was it located? I did see one white 5 th gen SS.

Something funny happened when I was searching for a parking place, I was driving up one isle and two men were walking towards me. As I got close one of them just stared directly at the front of my car and as I passed him he turned around and was walking backwards just continuing to stare...the look on his face was priceless.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-12-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 AM   #1040
Suprslo

Drives: 2013 SS
Anything going on around Knoxville Friday night?
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #1041
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
April 19th & 20th Grand Am Camaro Corral at Road Atlanta

Hi - Some of you may know me. I'm trying to publicize an event for the Grand Am Series race at Road Atlanta on April 19th & 20th. We have the opportunity to do a car corral and get special privileges at Road Atlanta. Please see the information below from the main contact here in Atlanta with our car club.

Camaro Car Corral - Road Atlanta Grand Am Race
Calling all surrounding clubs.....ACE5 is hosting a Camaro Car Corral at Road Atlanta for the Grand Am race on 4/19/13 - 4/20/13.

I will post a flyer from Road Atlanta with some initial details a little later, but here is some early info:

The event is a Continental Series Race and a Rolex Series race on Saturday 4/20/13. For those who are not familiar with Road Atlanta, it is considered one of the best road courses in the U.S.

The track is offering a $ 65.00 super ticket (Friday & Saturday) which includes private parking for our club in the infield, access to covered seating area between fan activities, and a lap around the track in our cars.

I am working with Grand Am to secure a meet and greet with a Camaro race team as well.

In addition, if there is enough interest, our club is planning a cruise and dinner for Friday afternoon/night.

There will be many more details coming, but I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible so you can make your plans.

I know there are at least 10 clubs (more I am sure) that are within fairly easy driving distance for this. Road Atlanta is located north of Atlanta on I-85.

Any clubs that have members that are interested, please send me a contact with your club, and I will keep that person updated. In addition, if enough people are coming, we can work on hotel information as well. I will also update this post as information/details become available.

I have been to Road Atlanta with my car for track days, and have been there to watch the Petite Lemans, and it is an unbelievable place to drive and watch. This will be the first time the Grand Am series has been to Road Atlanta, and it will be something you don't want to miss.

There will be a bunch of other car clubs interested in this event, so if I can get some immediate feedback regarding interest, it will help secure our place.

Thanks,

David Riser

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #1042
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Hi - Some of you may know me. I'm trying to publicize an event for the Grand Am Series race at Road Atlanta on April 19th & 20th. We have the opportunity to do a car corral and get special privileges at Road Atlanta. Please see the information below from the main contact here in Atlanta with our car club.

Calling all surrounding clubs.....ACE5 is hosting a Camaro Car Corral at Road Atlanta for the Grand Am race on 4/19/13 - 4/20/13.

I will post a flyer from Road Atlanta with some initial details a little later, but here is some early info:

The event is a Continental Series Race and a Rolex Series race on Saturday 4/20/13. For those who are not familiar with Road Atlanta, it is considered one of the best road courses in the U.S.

The track is offering a $ 65.00 super ticket (Friday & Saturday) which includes private parking for our club in the infield, access to covered seating area between fan activities, and a lap around the track in our cars.

I am working with Grand Am to secure a meet and greet with a Camaro race team as well.

In addition, if there is enough interest, our club is planning a cruise and dinner for Friday afternoon/night.

There will be many more details coming, but I wanted to get the word out as soon as possible so you can make your plans.

I know there are at least 10 clubs (more I am sure) that are within fairly easy driving distance for this. Road Atlanta is located north of Atlanta on I-85.

Any clubs that have members that are interested, please send me a contact with your club, and I will keep that person updated. In addition, if enough people are coming, we can work on hotel information as well. I will also update this post as information/details become available.

I have been to Road Atlanta with my car for track days, and have been there to watch the Petite Lemans, and it is an unbelievable place to drive and watch. This will be the first time the Grand Am series has been to Road Atlanta, and it will be something you don't want to miss.

There will be a bunch of other car clubs interested in this event, so if I can get some immediate feedback regarding interest, it will help secure our place.

Thanks,

David Riser
That sounds like fun! Maybe there is some interest here.
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #1043
Suprslo

Drives: 2013 SS
I'm in breeze if we can get A few of us to go.
Suprslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #1044
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I am definitely interested...perfect timing for me!
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #1045
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
[QUOTE=dianeokie;6192835]
.....Any clubs that have members that are interested, please send me a contact with your club, and I will keep that person updated. In addition, if enough people are coming, we can work on hotel information as well. I will also update this post as information/details become available.

I sent David my contact information and will keep this group informed on what he sends.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #1046
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
I am definitely interested...perfect timing for me!
Same weekend as The Grand in Pigeon Forge, but should be a good event to attend. We used to go there each year for the AMA Superbike races before NASCAR bought the series. Road Atlanta will probably put the group at turn 5 since they are providing a covered area, as that is where they used to put the Ducati group that had the same arrangements for the AMA weekends.

Best place we found to stay was at Buford, about 15 miles west toward Atlanta on I-85. May be hard to get rooms there this close to the event. Hwy 60 through Ducktown, and Gainesville is a great road with a lot of curves, and will be worth the trip alone
TSP Stage 3 Cam, BBK SS/Ceramic Headers, Solo Cats, Borla Exhaust/Deletes, K&N CAI, Lethal Performance Tune, Carbotech Brakes, Phastek Braided Brake Lines, Brake Ducts, BMR/Eibach Springs, Hotchkis Sway Bars & End Links, BMR Chassis Connectors, Vorshlag Camber Plates, 1LE 3.91 Gear, Hurst Shifter, 2017 ZL1 Wheels, ZL1 Grille and Ground Effects, SLP Splitter, MPD1 Spoiler, Oracle Interior Lighting, Gen5DIY Headlight/Halo/DRL System
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #1047
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

My son and I will be hitting the Tail of the Dragon in a couple weeks with our Camaros (he has a black 2011 SS Convertible). I will post the exact day when it gets closer. Just In case anyone wants to meet up.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #1048
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post

Thanks,

David Riser
Keep me informed, very interested in attending.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #1049
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
My son and I will be hitting the Tail of the Dragon in a couple weeks with our Camaros (he has a black 2011 SS Convertible). I will post the exact day when it gets closer. Just In case anyone wants to meet up.
Let me know a few days ahead so I can see if I can work my schedule around it.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1050
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Let me know a few days ahead so I can see if I can work my schedule around it.
Ed M.
OK. hopefully I will have my new exhaust installed by then, so i can hear how it sounds on the Dragon... I just wish it was warm enough to go with the top down...