Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Where! Oh Where have my stripes gone??

So I took delivery of my 2SS seven weeks ago but the Rally stripes didn't show up with the car. For the last couple of weeks the sales guys and I have been scratching are heads on what happened to them. Well yesterday when I picked up my engine cover (Very Nice too), I asked the parts guy about the stripes and he began searching. After a while he told me that GM had closed the accessory shop in Tempe and the stripes probably got sent to a district warehouse (Hopefully not 13). Well he had called the accessory shop in California, so now they started searching and he would call me this morning with an update! No call yet!

Now I have watched my dealer send emails, call folks and just aren't getting the answers, so I called the GM Customer service line just now and the lady I talked to sounded a little more upset than I was that my stripes haven't showed up. She was apologetic about it, opened a case and is going to look into it. I did ensure her that the dealer was looking into it but don't seem to be getting the answers to inform me; also informed her that I wasn't driving the car to much cause I do have other cars, but I would like to get the stripes on so I can get the clear bra installed before I get any rock chips......(haven't got one yet...extremely lucky I guess).

Anyway, she said I WILL get a call on Monday letting me know something! Last resort I guess I can place an order through parts for stripes and have sales refund the money I paid already.

Now before anyone starts flaming....
1. Yes! Options ordered with a new car are separate from parts.
2. No! I don't want to have them painted on! Want the car originial!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
mister_goods1
Orange Thunder

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM
stripes

ya, i feel your pain bro. I've had my ss for almost three weeks and i ordered it with stripes and still nothing. It was on my window sticker and order form, but it didn't come with the car. My salesman said it shouldn't take more than a week but hmmm ya, its been longer than that. Plus he hasn't been giving me any real updates, so today i went to the sales manager of the dealership and told him that i was pretty upset and it was ridiculous for the stripes to be taking so long. He talked to the parts dept and they assured him they would be in this tuesday....hopefully so, because i still need the appearance protection package to be sprayed and installed. plus i want my damn stripes on
mister_goods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
I was on the WIKI site and noticed on the picture of the car with the parts suppliers pointing to all areas of the car, HEADS UP DISPLAY, I have my car on order, but i did not see anything about HEADS UP DISPLAY. any ideas?
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
cruisingcamaro

Drives: 2010 CGM SS2 RS- black stripes
My CGM ss/rs was delivered in June, but no stripe package for weeks! I was wondering why it took so dang long.... But if you waited for the car- you can wait for the stripes! It is well worth it to be patient and enjoy the ride. I love the car!
cruisingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
That weird normaly we get the stripes before we even get the car
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote