Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
First repair is upon me: Had to happen, eventually

Had the car for almost two years, and the odometer claims that 53,000 miles have passed underneath the car.

Yesterday, I started hearing a little noise... a rattling/ tapping sound... it was coming from the driver's side of the car. And... it didn't disappear on its own, as I had hoped. This morning, sure enough... the noise was still there, torturing me.

I investigated, hoping to at least diagnose the problem before turning it over to the mechanic.

There's a little plastic cover that goes over the seatbelt D-ring. It had come unsnapped, and was just dangling... and bouncing against the D-ring.

I reached up, firmly grasped the little plastic cover, and snapped it back into place... didn't even use tools (well, my wife might say that there was one tool performing the work). It snapped into its duty station, where it remains now... and the rattly/ tapping sound is gone.

It's a sad day, to be sure... there is a chink in the armor of my mighty steed... it is not impervious. It had to happen someday, as repairs are inevitable. But, I figure, with a little counseling, maybe a few nights of drinking, and time (which heals most wounds), I'll be able to work through this trial, this traumatic experience.

Thanks for listening. And, please: GM, if you are listening, please take steps to ensure that the quality of these vehicles improves. I mean, come on guys.... barely over 53,000 miles, and I had to snap a little cover back into place... ALREADY?!?
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Lol
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
I think I will cry in a corner now. Truly an eye opening experience.
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I love my Camaro so much more after reading this terrible tragedy, lol, I am here for you if you need a Camaro brother to talk to
Old 08-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
That sux. Drink one for me while your at it. Thanx lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #6
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Honestly, I'd just go to the dealer and demand your money back. You can also look into filing a "lemon law" claim to see if you can get another car. I mean, after that happening, I can understand if you didn't want another Camaro. But maybe the second Camaro won't suck as bad as the one you have now. Mine is just a year old and I haven't had any issues yet. But once I hit that 53K mark, I'll be looking for that seatbelt doohicky to come undone. I'll keep a couple of rolls of duct tape in the glove box!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #7
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Where is Ralph Nader when you need him? Oh the horror
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #8
Rented Glint

Drives: Inferno Orange 2LT
Yea... try getting a brand new camaro getting hailed on within 4 weeks of purchase... on a 85 degree day too... wth would I check the weather for when its that hot outsife. Boy did I regret that
Rented Glint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
That's rough man. I don't know how you're holding up right now, I would have lost it by this point. We're here for you.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #10
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Had the car for almost two years, and the odometer claims that 53,000 miles have passed underneath the car.

Yesterday, I started hearing a little noise... a rattling/ tapping sound... it was coming from the driver's side of the car. And... it didn't disappear on its own, as I had hoped. This morning, sure enough... the noise was still there, torturing me.

I investigated, hoping to at least diagnose the problem before turning it over to the mechanic.

There's a little plastic cover that goes over the seatbelt D-ring. It had come unsnapped, and was just dangling... and bouncing against the D-ring.

I reached up, firmly grasped the little plastic cover, and snapped it back into place... didn't even use tools (well, my wife might say that there was one tool performing the work). It snapped into its duty station, where it remains now... and the rattly/ tapping sound is gone.

It's a sad day, to be sure... there is a chink in the armor of my mighty steed... it is not impervious. It had to happen someday, as repairs are inevitable. But, I figure, with a little counseling, maybe a few nights of drinking, and time (which heals most wounds), I'll be able to work through this trial, this traumatic experience.

Thanks for listening. And, please: GM, if you are listening, please take steps to ensure that the quality of these vehicles improves. I mean, come on guys.... barely over 53,000 miles, and I had to snap a little cover back into place... ALREADY?!?

Probably should have the last 8 digits of your VIN on hand, just in case someone wants to apologize to you about your car's shortcomings.

Great Story LOL.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #11
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
LEMON LAW
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
There was probably another Camaro owner who saw you do that, thought you were waving, then when realized you weren't, got mad and went and bought a vette.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:55 AM   #13
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Thanks, brothers and sisters, for your compassion and understanding.

Looks, though, like I'm going to have to set it on fire, and push it off a cliff. I went to see about getting this taken care of under warranty, and they denied me, based on two little technicalities: (1) Apparently, 53,000 miles is "too far" out of the warranty period for them to still find the warranty valid, and (2) I already "fixed it myself," so, in their book, there is nothing left to fix, and, I guess, they are correct.

So, off to the store for matches, gasoline, and a good location out at the quarry. Sure hope somebody at least waves to me on the way out there...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
TSW

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT Coup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Glint View Post
Yea... try getting a brand new camaro getting hailed on within 4 weeks of purchase... on a 85 degree day too... wth would I check the weather for when its that hot outsife. Boy did I regret that
Oh, suck it up buttercup ! The OP has a REAL issue !!! OMG OP, are you alright??!!! You might have been killed ! #1 get hold of one of the customer service fairy's and get a cyberhug, #2 Obviously this is a textbook Class action lawsuit in the making. If you're 's did this, obviously EVERY GM product is on the ragged edge of doing the same! What if that thing came loose while you were driving ! (shudder) Hello Lemon law.....it was implemented JUST for this type of dangerous problem.
Can you really trust the car anymore?
TSW is offline   Reply With Quote