Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #85
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
so my car shakes sometimes under load at low rpms, it just started happening and my car has just under 30k miles. Is it the torque converter?
Dude, from the numorous # of owners describing this problem, I personally think GM should recall them all.

In case I didn't make my earlier posting clear and conscice enough, it rarely did it while here were I live in Michigan because of the flat terrain. However, going thru hilly areas such as Kentucky or Tennessee it would do it just about every uphill climb, especially when around 1100 rpms. You don't have to be accelorating, just trying to maintain speed and it would do it.

To all with this problem, print out the service bulletin and bring it to the service manager and let them test your car. If you read the service bulletin it says they hook up diagnostic test equitpment to it which minipulates the torqe converter (as I understand it). Don't give up, if you have to use pressure from upper management and or the dealer.

BTW I got the email survey from Genthe, filled it out (easy) gave them kudos for service, than I was automatically emailed from Edmonds which has a similar survey which I also filled out after registering. Good dealerships deserve praise as much as bad ones which deserve bad reports.

I'd say if somehow your '12 with the V6 is not covered under warranty, maybe you had a re-tune, or supercharged, God knows what else may void it besides time and milage..than you should have a good aftermarket torque converter installed. If you don't, than it could cause major transmission problems down the road. At least with an aftermarket torque converter you can choose the amount of stall it has, something which is important to those in drag racing (not sure myself what it's all about).

I have not had much miles driven on mine since it was fixed but one thing I noticed is that when I hit the gas from a standstill the car had immediate power to the wheels, which it never had from the 1st day I owned it. This improvement from standstill is something some of the others noticed also. They also said look forward to better gas milage, and overall crispier shifting at rpms which seem more appropriate.

To the poster which replied after my previous post, pretty much the same thing to say, print out the service bulletin, use pressure from upper management. Possibly go to another dealership's service shop, and mention you won't be back if you have to do that.

Dealers these days are really, really into getting good reviews and feedback, they have bosses to and do not want a negative report to get to higher management.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote