Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V6 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 10-24-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
S.W. 3" Retro chambered cat back dual quad tips f.s.

Yes, it will fit your V6, I know cause I put it on mine.

Yes, I know it is designed for the ZL1, BUT it will fit on any 5G Camaro without so much as adding a clamp as long as you have a dual quad rear diffuser.

I put it on my '12 2LS with 3.6L V-6
But I added on the Magnaflow 11386 Res. X pipe in place of the their X pipe and also used the part of the factory pipe right after the cats/before the X pipe. The reason being that the inherent sound of the V6 engine is much different than the V8. The V6 and the Mag. Res X together with this CA12CB create the perfect exhaust system for the 5G Camaro. Not too loud, not too wimpy, no rasp and no overwhelming drone during long trips.

Best of all you don't need Johnny Muffler pinch bending a bunch of aluminized steel which will rust out after a year or two.

This is THE way to go to get your 3" cat-back system WITH the dual quad 4" tips which are WELDED ON.

You will also need to install the 1LE rear diffuser to house the dual quad tips, very easy swap-over and costs less than $100.

See description in my EBAY ad for more details. I didn't want to turn the ad into a DIY instruction manuel but it really isn't that hard to do. I will provide email support if needed along with additional pics.

My newly lowered price will save you up to $200 off of the price, pick up in S.E. Mich. for free. Email: Buzzy1959@comcast.net

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251690051149...witem=&vxp=mtr

In case I didn't say it enough in the ad, this S.W. CA12CB system is brand spanking new in un-opened carton!

Vendor price $1060 shipped My price $850 free pickup or pay only actual shipping (no handling/packaging fees) thru Fed Ex.

Last edited by BUZZCAMARO; 10-24-2014 at 05:15 PM.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
Do you have a video of what yours sounds like installed?
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Yes, I do, only 16 seconds but to the point, which to me is:

How it sounds in the interior, don't really care about how it sounds to somebody I'm passing, though I can tell it sounds cool.

Don't care how it sounds standing behind it reving it, that is usually only needed to warn somebody your short on patience.

I can't remember if my windows were down, and besides that I didn't floor it till I was already moving so it more aggressive sounding than this:

Yes, I have a CAI. Earlier I had a Flowmaster A.T. axel back, nice, but was not rice free as this is.

I've read about the use of the 11386 with 3" straight pipes leading to the back and I really tried very hard to find a shop willing and able to do custom exhuast work. No finds, run-arounds, go ask Dave, etc. Also been to
a high end shop to have it done, I found out they wanted more than a cat-back system would cost plus tied me up with delays and future appointment.

Found out the difference between CNC mandrel bent pipes and pinch bending at your local Mr. Muffler, besides it constricting flow, they don't carry and don't use stainless pipe.

Now I know a bunch of members had custom exhaust done at exhaust shops, but I think I'd run into less hassles if I went to Columbia and wondered thru the Pot and Coca fields to pick some free souvenirs.

The reason I'm selling one new in the box is because I bought it as a gift and the time had expired for a refund.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote