Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 12-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #7281
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Quick question. I'm running stock GYs, fronts are at about 50% and rears need replaced. Does the weather in EP support running another set of rears or do I need to worry about weather temps?
Like Ryan mentioned, it doesn't get too cold around here for you to worry much about your Goodyears. I know that there is concern when driving on them in 55 degrees and below, but from time to time, especially in the night time it will drop under 40-35 degrees.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #7282
Shifty
One Shot, One Kill

Drives: 14 1LE
Took another look at the front and those ones look pretty bad so i ordered a set of PSSs. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #7283
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
Took another look at the front and those ones look pretty bad so i ordered a set of PSSs. Should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Yeah, the fronts wear out much quicker than the rear, especially consider how hard you drive on the corners.
Old 12-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #7284
Shifty
One Shot, One Kill

Drives: 14 1LE
Fronts ain't nearly as bad as the rears, rears look like slicks lol.

PSA: There's a brand new white '15 Mustang running around in Horizon/El Paso that likes messing with Camaros (he doesn't know how to shift very well lol)
Old 12-08-2014, 04:29 PM   #7285
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Ok, I have some rpi front splash guards that were on my car but put some bigger ones on. They are free to first request. Also looking to sell my leather ss seats. Have 4200 miles on the seats. Absolutely nothing wrong. If anyone or if you all know someone looking for some seats pass the word thanks. 9152277773
I'll take the splash guards if they're available, buddy-boy!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #7286
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Ok there yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I'll take the splash guards if they're available, buddy-boy!
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #7287
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
Ok there yours
Old 12-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #7288
14DPTcamaro1le

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
i had those same splash guards....mine cracked and broke off, contacting them tomo about it.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:04 PM   #7289
donnyv

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
hey guys its been awhile since ive posted here. finally had time set aside to get into my suspension/driveline project and i have gotten to the point of getting all arms replaced and the rear diff pulled. who in the el paso area would be recommended to do the work on switching the gears to 3.91s, swaping to a truetrac, and sizing my jre billet caps to the right size. also i have a new clutch. any recommendations on legit shops that know gear setting and clutch installs would be awesome. thanks guys
Old 12-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #7290
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyv View Post
hey guys its been awhile since ive posted here. finally had time set aside to get into my suspension/driveline project and i have gotten to the point of getting all arms replaced and the rear diff pulled. who in the el paso area would be recommended to do the work on switching the gears to 3.91s, swaping to a truetrac, and sizing my jre billet caps to the right size. also i have a new clutch. any recommendations on legit shops that know gear setting and clutch installs would be awesome. thanks guys
....if you don't mind the drive up.....we got ya covered.

I have 2 El Paso cars in the shop this week and had a 767rwhp C6Z in from EP last week.

I love and appreciate my EP folks. Just a thought.

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #7291
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Nothing wrong with these, just got some other ones that has more coverage for the 10 inch tire. The rpi ones work well with the 9 inch ss wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14DPTcamaro1le View Post
i had those same splash guards....mine cracked and broke off, contacting them tomo about it.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #7292
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
I'm gonna take my diff up to Ivan as soon as I have a chance to get up that way, he will get you all set up.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:23 AM   #7293
donnyv

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I'm gonna take my diff up to Ivan as soon as I have a chance to get up that way, he will get you all set up.
anywhere in el paso? not really wanting to take a 4-5 hour drive with the pumpkin in hand and then turn around once i get it all back installed just to drive my car 4-5 hours when i plan on it only being driven on the street when im going to and from the track
Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #7294
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
anywhere in el paso? not really wanting to take a 4-5 hour drive with the pumpkin in hand and then turn around once i get it all back installed just to drive my car 4-5 hours when i plan on it only being driven on the street when im going to and from the track
Unfortunately I don't have any leads down here that I would feel comfortable sending you to for the diff setup yet. I'm not sure what time frame you are looking at on the diff, but if you are doing the R&R yourself, I wouldn't mind dropping your pumpkin off on one of my trips up through Abq.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001