Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Loud Click in Park when stepping on the brake pedal

Hi just like the title says I noticed today when pressing on the brake when in Park so that I can move the gear selector that there is a pretty noticeable audible click when I press on the brake pedal or release it. It is coming from inside the console...I assume it is the switch that prevents being able to pull out of park without applying the brake first.

I don't recall noticing this before and the car seems fine otherwise. Am I overly sensitive all of a sudden or is there something going on? I've attached a video the sound is when I press on the brake pedal and also release it... Weird!

Last edited by qcman; 03-27-2016 at 01:45 PM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:46 PM   #2
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Sounds like the transmission shift-lock control solenoid is making some noise. What you're hearing is the solenoid retracting the interlock pin that allows you to move the shift lever. It's the only thing that would actuate in relation to the brake being depressed in that location. I know the solenoid comes included with the shift lever assembly, but can it be purchased separately? That would be a question for your local dealer parts rep.
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:01 AM   #3
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun1le View Post
Sounds like the transmission shift-lock control solenoid is making some noise. What you're hearing is the solenoid retracting the interlock pin that allows you to move the shift lever. It's the only thing that would actuate in relation to the brake being depressed in that location. I know the solenoid comes included with the shift lever assembly, but can it be purchased separately? That would be a question for your local dealer parts rep.
Thanks for the reply my car has to go into the dealer on Wednesday for something else so I will ask them about it before I worry too much. Oddly enough I jumped in my son's Cobalt last night and it does it too so not sure what to think.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
ucHuskies

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Blue Ray
Happens to me too. Noticed it on my girlfriend's (nearly brand new) Sentra as well the other day, so I assumed it was normal.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #5
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucHuskies View Post
Happens to me too. Noticed it on my girlfriend's (nearly brand new) Sentra as well the other day, so I assumed it was normal.
Sorry are you saying your L99 auto makes that click too? I'm not sure if it is something new or I just never noticed it before lol.

Last edited by qcman; 03-28-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:00 AM   #6
ucHuskies

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Blue Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Sorry are you saying your L99 auto makes that click too? I'm not sure if it is something new or I just never noticed it before lol.
Haha. Sorry wasn't clear - yes happens on my L99 as well. Actually just came across another thread a few minutes ago by accident regarding the same issue, all came to conclusion that it was normal.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389136
Old 03-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #7
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucHuskies View Post
Haha. Sorry wasn't clear - yes happens on my L99 as well. Actually just came across another thread a few minutes ago by accident regarding the same issue, all came to conclusion that it was normal.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389136
No worries.... Thanks for clarifying that and finding that link. I tried searching but got nothing I guess I needed to use something better than "click" in the query.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #8
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
i also have it... normal
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #9
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post