Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
kuvanno

Drives: 2012 yellow
Unhappy Stabilitytrak, a very weird issue

Hi everyone, my thread is very weird, today I was driving my camaro and when I stopped at a light, the car started to shake, then the check engine light turned on and appeared a message: stabilitytrak. That was for about 30 seconds, then the car stopped shaking, the check engine light turned off and the message disappeared. I continued driving and when I brake, sometimes it was like the car was pushing me. I finished my trip and when I started my car again, no more issues or something else, everything was perfect. Somebody knows something about that???
Almost forget to write what kind of car I own. It's a 2012 Chevy camaro LS and has 25.000 miles.
Thank you all

Last edited by kuvanno; 04-09-2016 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Forgot to say what car is mine
kuvanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #2
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
The car shaking may have been a misfire, which triggered the check engine light. When the check engine light illuminates, the stabilitrak system goes into a default mode, which gives that message on the DIC. The only way to find out what was actually going on is to have a diagnostic run.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:45 AM   #3
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhrex View Post
The car shaking may have been a misfire, which triggered the check engine light. When the check engine light illuminates, the stabilitrak system goes into a default mode, which gives that message on the DIC. The only way to find out what was actually going on is to have a diagnostic run.
Take it to an Auto Parts store, they have code readers. Misfires are a common in the V-6. It's most likely a coil pack, if it goes away that's fine. When it continues one of the coil packs has gone bad. AMAZON.com for about $25, $80 at the Stealership, I keep a spare in my trunk.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:46 AM   #4
pilldoctor

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT RS
This exact thing has happened to me twice in the last 4 months. After the first time, I took it to advance auto to scan and they found no codes. Still under warranty so took it to dealer. They did a scan also and no codes either.
pilldoctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shake, stabilitrack