Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #169
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
I would like to officially say that I officially don't have any idea whether the ABL will officially be included in the first official cars or not, but I am officially sure in my mind that it will be, officially.
Cute. Seriously though, Scott, get in here and tell us what's going on with ABL.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 04:05 PM   #170
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I got an e-mail from a Camaro Marketing Manager (not gonna say names...) saying that they are working on the Ambient Lighting, but cannot say whether or not it will be available. He also said that they would make an announcement closer to the production date.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:24 PM   #171
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
I got an e-mail from a Camaro Marketing Manager (not gonna say names...) saying that they are working on the Ambient Lighting, but cannot say whether or not it will be available. He also said that they would make an announcement closer to the production date.
Das not good.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:34 PM   #172
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I would like to officially say that I officially don't have any idea whether the ABL will officially be included in the first official cars or not, but I am officially sure in my mind that it will be, officially.
Well, there you have it folks, the officially official word from an unofficial afficionado! This afficionado is keeping his official cool for now....did I just say that?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM   #173
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
No cry babies please.............
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:48 PM   #174
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
No cry babies please.............

i think you are about 7 pages too late
FxsX24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #175
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #176
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Quote:

Sounds like they are working on LOTS of things. Thanks for the update and checking it out. More then some here are doing. Cup half full or half empty your choice. SO we all wait.

Question for the Moderators: Are you guys really going to let posts remain in this thread where the topic gets focused personal and talks about a guy's "junk"??

IMO...This is an adult operated board right? Then the smack written about Moonsault on the previous page is offensive and should go away ASAP.
70 COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #177
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
AT least we can all agree this is not a rumor, and to voice on your opinion how important you think it is to the car.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #178
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
What exactly is the problem they are having with it? there could be many reasons for a problem. unless somewhere it is stated what the exact problem is we are all speculating that it is a problem with the design..the design may be good but whomever is making the parts may have a problem. Maybe the parts are not up to the quality they want.
Just wondering...
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #179
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
To me a lack of glow worms in a Camaro SS is not the make or break for me. Hell, they could say the headlights will not work and I will tape flashlights to the hood! I want my Camaro SS!
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #180
BryGo
Moving up in the world...

Drives: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I still haven't heard anything about a confirmed removal of the lighting, so maybe let's not get worked up about it, ok? I mean, it's freaking LIGHTS. I think that a team of engineers can figure out some lights.

I will start a new rumor to worry about: GM can't get all 8 cylinders to work on SS models, so the first 3 months or so of SS model cars will have 6.2L V8's that have 2 dead cylinders. They will give you cupons for a free fix once they figure it out. And a puppy.
A puppy in replacement of ambient lights is fine. As long as it is somewhat trained and doesn't pee on my Orange seat.
BryGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #181
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
don't care about abl
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:33 PM   #182
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryGo View Post
A puppy in replacement of ambient lights is fine. As long as it is somewhat trained and doesn't pee on my Orange seat.
We just got a new puppy. Is there any chance that we could just get some cash or a gift card to offset all the shit he has destroy in the past 10 days?

EDIT: Oh, and I could have the car with or without the ABL. It is cool, but in no way affects the performance or awesomeness of this car. And frankly, I could probably take it somewhere and have that type of lighting added for <$200.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote