Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Meanest Sounding V6 Ever

1.Ok so it holds true, I have finally found the secret to having the deepest growling v6 possible. I had all five guys at the shop agree that the difference was night and day and that the car actually sounded much better than stock v8 Camaros.

2. Drone was reduced dramatically, not increased like I was expecting. Rasp is still the same before the change.

So without further due, the before and after specs;

Before:
DT Shorties
Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe
MRT 1.0
Resonators Deleted
Rear Cats Deleted
Stock Piping

After:
DT Shorties
Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe
Resonators Deleted
Rear Cats Deleted
3" Piping from Resonated Xpipe to rear end.
Phase Cam

From the results that I've heard, this is by far the best sound I've ever heard from our v6 cars and when your light on the peddle, its not loud and obnoxious. The secret is the resonated xpipe and I'm now even more confident in saying that everyone should have one installed, end of story.

So any of you who were wondering what effect there would be going with 3" pipes out the xpipe, I can tell you that the results are impressive and you will agree with me when you do this.

I'm gonna go do a video clip of the idle. Sorry but I never had a chance to wash the car from the drive home and also there were people using weed eaters a couple houses away. I drove through a huge rainstorm and now the car looks dirty :( . Anyhow, enjoy!

And yes the car finally gurgles and growls and is a bit choppy.

EDIT 10/20/2014: Now had this setup for over a year and a half and loving it. No issues with noise complaints or tickets from excessive noise. When your light footed, you can drive without too much noise... Hit the pedal hard and watch it scream!

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 10-20-2014 at 10:17 PM.
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Any video to hear sound when you give it some gas or a driving video? Sounds awesome at idle.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
Sounds good man. Some revs would've been nice though.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrulz View Post
Any video to hear sound when you give it some gas or a driving video? Sounds awesome at idle.
I just rushed to give you guys that video as soon as I could. No driving yet. I will try this later and see what I can do....

Soo excited!! haha.. Just cannot contain the fun factor from the sound lol.

ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
Old 05-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
video says it is unavailable. Did you remove it?

Looking forward to hearing it.

I have to say I'd be a bit timid to install 3" piping on the V6. Not because of the "backpressure" myth, but the fact that keeping exhaust velocity high is a key to not losing power in certain areas of the rpm range.

You have good flow until the 3" pipe....and maybe that's all that is needed? But I would think that after that, the velocity is decreased because of the larger pipe.

I wonder if using 2.5" pipe would affect the sound and drone compared to 3" pipe? It might be too early for you to tell (I'm sure your foot is in it to hear the new sound lol) but I'd love to know later on if you experience any lose in low end power.

Looking forward to hearing the videos.

EDIT: OK vid working now.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Your right....does sound very deep at idle. Good stuff.

The shorty headers definitely help in that too, so for owners without them, it may not be quite the same.

Do us a favor; when you make the reving videos, please place the camera a good 10 feet or so back from the car. Too close and it won't be a very accurate representation of the sound.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Sounds great, nice and deep. Also get some drive by's if you can.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Your right....does sound very deep at idle. Good stuff.

The shorty headers definitely help in that too, so for owners without them, it may not be quite the same.

Do us a favor; when you make the reving videos, please place the camera a good 10 feet or so back from the car. Too close and it won't be a very accurate representation of the sound.
Done! Video is uploading now for you with highest quality setting possible. Check the first post in a few minutes.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Sounds great, nice and deep. Also get some drive by's if you can.
Done! Give it a few minutes to finish uploading. You should be able to see the link now.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Video processing right now cant wait to hear been waiting awhile to find the right exhaust sound love the idle sound though

Man that sounds sick as hell sheesh definitely best 6 I've heard. I wonder how I can mimic this on a LFX cant get headers and I havent heard anything about any cam options.

Last edited by Abstrak; 05-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #11
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Video processing right now cant wait to hear been waiting awhile to find the right exhaust sound love the idle sound though

Man that sounds sick as hell sheesh definitely best 6 I've heard. I wonder how I can mimic this on a LFX can get headers and I havent heard anything about any cam options.
I hope these videos help people make the correct decisions when venturing into the exhaust segment. I have tried several different combinations but nothing seems to get even close to how deep this exhaust really is now. 3" pipes make the difference.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #12
slotwheels

Drives: like a bat out of hell
Now that V6 sounds good! Great work.
slotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I know you probably haven't driven the car enough to tell but have you experienced any power loss? I have heard a few say that you lose a little bit of power going with a 3" exhaust. The car sounds so good though!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #14
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I know you probably haven't driven the car enough to tell but have you experienced any power loss? I have heard a few say that you lose a little bit of power going with a 3" exhaust. The car sounds so good though!
just means his next mod needs to be FI. whether that's SC/turbo, or nitrous.