Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #71
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
I just wanted someone else who is running a dry shot with success to post their setup. No one has yet. I am itching to pull the trigger on mine. I am actually going to install the colder plugs and remove the hypertech tune before I do. ANd also up the octane a bit.

I'm currently running a 55 dry shot with my blower at 15-16psi. LPE twin pumps. Everything done by Jannetty. It's on a WOT switch so it's on the entire pass. Once I can get the traction and suspension dialed in we are going to up the nitrous.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #72
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0617 View Post
By your theory I didn't need a tune when I installed my supercharger. MAF sees more air and adds more fuel. Then o2 sensors fine tune. But.......

Not the case. MAF curve needs rebuilt. Timing needs corrected. Trans, yull kill it with more power and no tuning. O2 sensors do not correct at WOT I don't care what you were told. Call Ted Jannetty or any reputable experienced tuner and have a 5 minute conversation.

Bottom line, You either need a wet kit and a timing controller, or a dry kit and a tune.

Good luck.
This is not "MY" theory. This is the basis for dry nitrous systems that was going on long before me.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #73
05SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm currently running a 55 dry shot with my blower at 15-16psi. LPE twin pumps. Everything done by Jannetty. It's on a WOT switch so it's on the entire pass. Once I can get the traction and suspension dialed in we are going to up the nitrous.
Jesus.....I was looking for a rookie like me to post about their dry system. You sir are already "A few notches above". If I cant much feel the 50, how can you notice 55 at all?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #74
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
Jesus.....I was looking for a rookie like me to post about their dry system. You sir are already "A few notches above". If I cant much feel the 50, how can you notice 55 at all?
Ha!! I can't feel the 55 at all. I needed to get a little kick and the blower was maxed out.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #75
05SilverStreak

Ok, made 2 pulls on the 75 jet. Still stock spark plugs, Hypertech tune, no cats, K&N intake. Getting on the freeway I let it get into third and wind up a little bit. Armed the system and punched it, Remember WOT switch activated. Holy Shit! I felt this one pretty good. It hit pretty hard for being a dry shot, Im sure the downshift helped. I Let it rag out one gear and shift. Nice and strong.....No pinging, sounded like a ****in NASCAR. 2nd pull was on the way home from dinner. Did an 80-135 pull and got there quick, ( on a closed legal road of course). Loving this stuff. Going for the 100 tomorrow with a couple changes.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #76
TRGunner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Be careful NITRIOUS is addictive!!
TRGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #77
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
You could wire it to use both.that way it would require wot and you also pressing the activate button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 PM   #78
05SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRGunner View Post
Be careful NITRIOUS is addictive!!
Ya, I now now. I am going to spend the time and money on safety now before going any further thatn the 75 shot. AEM Uego, colder plugs, LNC200. Then the upgrade to wet it. For now it kics ass though....
Old 05-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #79
05SilverStreak

Update on dry system:
Have run 5 pounds through it, got it refilled. Everything doing great so far. Dynotune said they would upgrade me to a wet kit for only 100 bucks. With that and one step colder plugs I could safely move to the 100 shot. LNC 2000 will be needed to go 150 after that, maybe retard 4 degrees they say.

Happy spraying!
Old 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #80
HorsemenLC-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2005 CTS-V
I have been running nitrous for a while now and I would have to say running a hot plug will cause detonation. With any shot of nitrous detonation is bad. I wouldn't run anymore nitrous on stock irridiums until you get colder plugs. Its fun until you blow a motor because you didnt change 14 bucks in plugs. My .02.
HorsemenLC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:41 AM   #81
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorsemenLC-SS View Post
I have been running nitrous for a while now and I would have to say running a hot plug will cause detonation. With any shot of nitrous detonation is bad. I wouldn't run anymore nitrous on stock irridiums until you get colder plugs. Its fun until you blow a motor because you didnt change 14 bucks in plugs. My .02.
I thought all was fine on my last car. Until all at once it wasn't running right. Pulled plugs, they were melted. Changed plugs and still wasn't right. Ended up that plugs got so hot they partially melted the exhaust valves. Never saw an AFR higher than 11.5. Was just too warm of a plug.
2011 SS IOM Vert. ECS Vortech 13+ psi, Water/Meth, ID850’s, ZL1 pump with MSD Voltage Booster, 2800 stall, LT headers, Drag radials, Drag alignment, Cradle Bushings. A million other supporting mods. Tuned by Ted.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #82
HorsemenLC-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2005 CTS-V
Quote:
I thought all was fine on my last car. Until all at once it wasn't running right. Pulled plugs, they were melted. Changed plugs and still wasn't right. Ended up that plugs got so hot they partially melted the exhaust valves. Never saw an AFR higher than 11.5. Was just too warm of a plug.
Itll melt valves pistons plugs major problems. My advice just dont do it.......
HorsemenLC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #83
05SilverStreak

Thanks guys......this information is useful for everyone to see. I have installed the colder plugs and 104 octane booster. 100 jet is in. One pull from 70 to 110 to just 2 or three seconds it seemed like. I have only done short bursts like this to try thinks out and see how she does. The guy at NAPA I bought the colder plugs from has an 04 ZO6 and has used nitrous for years. I also am on a direct email link with dynotune, so I have been getting quality communication and feedback as well as on here. Still going to be very conservative with use untill I get the timing retarder and an AFR meter.

Last edited by 05SilverStreak; 06-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #84
05SilverStreak

Quote:
What kind of car and setup did you have on last car? *intersted*