Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 09-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
skunk whisperer

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
The 2011 Camaro convertible. GM vs. the Oklahoma lemon law.

We are having a horrible time with our convertible & GM refuses to do the right thing…
1. Convertible in the shop in excess of 45 days.
2. Cables from top showing on driver and passenger side above windows. Cable prohibits opening passenger door.
3. Exhaust rattles incessantly
4. Had 2 broken bows on top when we got it.
5. Original top had a hole in it.
6. New top and 2 bows replaced. New top has wear marks in various places – when we got it back, and getting more thread bare each day. Marks were on it the day we got it back.
7. Other Camaro convertible owners state that their wear went through all the way to the rivets and bows.
8. Rubber parts from top falling off/will not stay on.
9. Cannot put tonneu cover on or keep it on over 50 MPH.
10.Windshield cracked when cover slammed closed with motor drive close.
11.The wind noise in it was less than or equal to our past new Camaros. Now the noise level in the car, with the top up is noisy enough to have to yell when you are on the phone. When we first got it, it was very quiet.
12.Large gaps on the side of the top where it meets the body when it is up – you can place your arm into the holes.
13.Spent over 2g lettering the car for our business, decal-deleted, detail company waxing, tinted windshield and windows. GM corporate says they will place us in a new hard top Camaro, but will not pay TTL, re-waxing, re-lettering car, decal deleting or tinting.
14. Our dealer has been incredible. This is not a dealer issue, this is a GM issue.
15.Dealers cannot fix the top in a manner that GM has not put a service bulletin out on. We do not want to bring it back in until they have said bulletin.
16.We do not feel as though die hard, life-long GM fans should be out thousands of dollars for re-lettering, customization and TTL for getting a vehicle that they still claim that they do not know how to fix. Most of our personal and company vehicles are all GM and will all be seen on our upcoming show on Animal Planet. It is a shame that GM refuses ytd to do the right thing with our car.
17. We drive flashy GM's to advertise our business. Our GM's do us no good in the shop for 45 days.
skunk whisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
Good luck! Stick with it and don't back down. Get a good attorney and you should be fine. I own a used car dealership and I have a bunch of friends that own new car dealerships and I know if you have the right attorney you will win the case. Again GOOD LUCK!!!!
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
steveintulsa

Drives: 2010 rs/ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk whisperer View Post
We are having a horrible time with our convertible & GM refuses to do the right thing…
1. Convertible in the shop in excess of 45 days.
2. Cables from top showing on driver and passenger side above windows. Cable prohibits opening passenger door.
3. Exhaust rattles incessantly
4. Had 2 broken bows on top when we got it.
5. Original top had a hole in it.
6. New top and 2 bows replaced. New top has wear marks in various places – when we got it back, and getting more thread bare each day. Marks were on it the day we got it back.
7. Other Camaro convertible owners state that their wear went through all the way to the rivets and bows.
8. Rubber parts from top falling off/will not stay on.
9. Cannot put tonneu cover on or keep it on over 50 MPH.
10.Windshield cracked when cover slammed closed with motor drive close.
11.The wind noise in it was less than or equal to our past new Camaros. Now the noise level in the car, with the top up is noisy enough to have to yell when you are on the phone. When we first got it, it was very quiet.
12.Large gaps on the side of the top where it meets the body when it is up – you can place your arm into the holes.
13.Spent over 2g lettering the car for our business, decal-deleted, detail company waxing, tinted windshield and windows. GM corporate says they will place us in a new hard top Camaro, but will not pay TTL, re-waxing, re-lettering car, decal deleting or tinting.
14. Our dealer has been incredible. This is not a dealer issue, this is a GM issue.
15.Dealers cannot fix the top in a manner that GM has not put a service bulletin out on. We do not want to bring it back in until they have said bulletin.
16.We do not feel as though die hard, life-long GM fans should be out thousands of dollars for re-lettering, customization and TTL for getting a vehicle that they still claim that they do not know how to fix. Most of our personal and company vehicles are all GM and will all be seen on our upcoming show on Animal Planet. It is a shame that GM refuses ytd to do the right thing with our car.
17. We drive flashy GM's to advertise our business. Our GM's do us no good in the shop for 45 days.

MAJOR BUMMER - I wondered why I hadn't seen you on the road around here. Hope everything works out. Keep us posted.
steveintulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #4
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
As a business owner, I would eat the $10,000 loss and give you a new car. With the Internet, this will scare away potential customers. It is better to settle. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Is that a list of have been addressed, or are they yet to be addressed?

Is this a new car you purchased or a used one you bought?

Just curious.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
skunk whisperer

Thanks, guys. No, Jim Glover himself drove this one off the showroom floor. It had 50 miles on it. He was quoted saying "this is the finest machine GM has ever made". This is not a dealer issue. The dealer has done nothing but help, but they have others with the same issues. I have been approached by Camaro club convertible owners when I drive it (wife's car- I am not a car guy) and they wanted to share that they were having the same types of issues.

GM said I had to write snail mail to their legal dept. Done.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
skunk whisperer

Ambient weather - to clarify your post meaning, are you saying that GM should eat it or our business?

If the dealer offered the money, I do not think we would take it - it is a matter of principal.

Cannot post a picture here I do not think, so I thought that perhaps this facebook link would show a lot of the 2g+ customization that would have to be re-done. The interior was done in Mossy Oak Break up.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...type=1&theater
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope everything works out the way you want. I am going through some issues that are not being fixed too. I know how you feel brother.
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Sorry to hear of your many problems, sounds like an attorney may be able to help. Good luck!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 PM   #10
ambientweather

No, they should give you a new car. I was just estimating their potential loss by fixing and selling it used to someone else.

Your name sounds familiar. Have I seen you on the animal planet?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Pics of the damage would help. Gaps that you can fit yoru arm into are NOT a common issue.

That would be the biggest lemon I've ever heard of. are you sure someone didn't damge that car before you bought it?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 AM   #12
skunk whisperer

PQ - Will try to post pics ASAP. No - not damaged prior to the existing hole in the roof. Either way, it is the way we got it, new.

Ambient - I have been on Animal Planet a few times and a lot in local and national news including top year videos on youtube and yahoo, keith olberman, Bonnie Hunt, cnn, nbc, cbs... but we have not started airing our series on Animal planet even though we have filmed 2 seasons with 3 new Camaros...
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12 AM   #13
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk whisperer View Post
PQ - Will try to post pics ASAP. No - not damaged prior to the existing hole in the roof. Either way, it is the way we got it, new.

Ambient - I have been on Animal Planet a few times and a lot in local and national news including top year videos on youtube and yahoo, keith olberman, Bonnie Hunt, cnn, nbc, cbs... but we have not started airing our series on Animal planet even though we have filmed 2 seasons with 3 new Camaros...
That explains why your handle looked familair. I just watched you on TV a couple days ago.

I hope everything works out with your car and GM.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #14
ambientweather

S.W.,

You should stage a scene where a skunk climbs through the hole in the top of your vert and sprays the interior of your car. The video would go viral. I guess you just need some skunk food and a skunk sans scent glands.

What a great piece of marketing for GM. This might get their attention.

Tags
convertible, corporate, lemon law, problems