Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 06-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #29
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Let's make every Camaro a Camaro worth fearing. All we need is a tune so we can get started with what could someday be the classic V6 Camaro, the one that started GM's tradition of dominating all classes, from LS to SS. Let's one day look back on Camaro V6s as dangerous. Talk about them as if any V6 Camaro could have 800 horses and slaughter anything. It's possible. We just need some aftermarket support. Who wants to be the first company to slice into this massive pie of sales?

If it's Eaton, I'll take it. Give me some boost!

Bravo Blur, very impassioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Show me 5000 and we will make your supercharger. FYI Magnuson is the Aftermarket arm of EATON. EATON will not look at anything less than 10,000 units.
Quote:
LOL DONE!

Guys I wish it was that easy, there is unfortunately allot that goes into development of a GOOD DEPENDABLE supercharger system. Don't think for one minute that it is off of our radar
Well, lets do this thing! I've been down since day one. What do we need to do to help besides talk around the subject here. Don't forget we've been trying to get something just like this started and completed here for a long time at Camaro 5 and we're still no closer than day one. The people need to see some kind of sign that this will actually happen.
To many have become jadded with empty hope. We can wish all day, we can tell the manufacturer all day that we're in. We're onboard, but what do we need to do to help besides sit here waiting for you to decide if this is good or not. Trust me, there are many many more who look at this thread and others like it waiting to see if someone will finally come through.
You can't be great or lead from the front of the pack when your hangin' out in the stands. Lets go racing.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #30
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
Bravo Blur, very impassioned.

Well, lets do this thing! I've been down since day one. What do we need to do to help besides talk around the subject here. Don't forget we've been trying to get something just like this started and completed here for a long time at Camaro 5 and we're still no closer than day one. The people need to see some kind of sign that this will actually happen.
To many have become jadded with empty hope. We can wish all day, we can tell the manufacturer all day that we're in. We're onboard, but what do we need to do to help besides sit here waiting for you to decide if this is good or not. Trust me, there are many many more who look at this thread and others like it waiting to see if someone will finally come through.
You can't be great or lead from the front of the pack when your hangin' out in the stands. Lets go racing.
As of right now, we have 30 posts (this one included) and 628 views. That is a huge proportion of unregistered support.

Of all Camaro buyers, only a few are enthusiasts. Enthusiasts are, however, the largest proportion of aftermarket buyers when it comes to forced induction. On Camaro5 alone, we have the largest collection of Camaro enthusiasts, so this is a fair barometer of interest in any given part. Using this as a basis for some numbers, let's use this thread to do some calculations.

With 628 views, let's assume that 25% of those viewers purchase a $5,000supercharger kit within 1 year of the first available kit assuming that the first and following kits do not cause catastrophic powertrain problems. That is exactly 157 purchase resulting in $785,000 in revenue. This will of course be distributed among all of the companies that release kits in that first year. The first kit to come out with be reputed to be the original backers of the 5th generation Camaro V6, thus earning the most sales and support from buyers. Even if 4 kits all come out in the first year on exactly the same day and earn exactly the same number of sales, the revenue from that single kit, using the numbers above, would be $196,250. Another way of coming to this same number is to assume that 1 in 8 views of this thread to this moment have purchased one of these kits. Remember that this math excludes people who are not members of Camaro5 and people who have not viewed this thread. Results could be substantially higher. I have trouble believing that a number approaching $200,000 per year in revenue is not enough to justify a supercharger kit, especially since the vast majority of thread viewers are going to be seriously considering a kit and since the expenses of producing such a kit would be a one-time expense while the sales would continue as long as this Camaro powertrain is in production.

BlownChevy, you asked me to show you $5,000. I've now shown you $785,000 in one year.

In conclusion, make me a supercharger.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #31
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:

Damn I like that Blur!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #32
Jericho
Come see me.

I agree, prototyping and testing will definitely be paid off in the first year easy. An the first to come through will also benifit from continued growth in production numbers. This vehicle will continue to sell in high numbers, I know because I meet people everyday trying to save up for there own.
Vin#30271
Old 06-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #33
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
I'd be totally down with a roots type.

Basically, I want a supercharger. No turbo. I'll take whichever supercharger kit proves itself reliable and worthy first...but a roots-type would be my first choice. If this came to market with good tuning, I'd be 110% down for it.

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #34
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by esfkotaro View Post
I'd be totally down with a roots type.

Basically, I want a supercharger. No turbo. I'll take whichever supercharger kit proves itself reliable and worthy first...but a roots-type would be my first choice. If this came to market with good tuning, I'd be 110% down for it.
+1
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #35
Jericho
Come see me.

I want to thank everybody for the support they have provided so far. Tell your lovers and friends, we will need all the help we can get to prove we want this and other products like it.
Vin#30271
Old 06-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #36
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
I'm always in the search for more power. I would go SC over Turbo
Old 06-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #37
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I have to admit I'm saving for a V8 in the future. Although, if I could supercharge my A6 1LT and add a take off LSD from an m6, I might have to rethink things. Personally, I wouldn't need huge power. You put me at around 350 to the wheels and I'd be happy enough to stick with my 6-banger.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
Rdditten

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2LT RS, STS TURBO
Send a message via AIM to Rdditten Send a message via Yahoo to Rdditten
I could have ordered an SS, but I thought that the new cars of the future would be V-6 cars and their would be a lot of performance upgrades for V-6 cars. NOT!
It doesn't seem to be happening. $1000.00 dollars for exhaust, or other simple upgrades that really,basically offer no real performance increase. Or, bang for the buck.
I should have ordered and SS.
I only have 1200 miles on my 2LT RS now and have had is since last July. I have really contemplated selling it and ordering a 2011 SS.
Now, the next problem. I can't get my favorite color. AQUA BLUE METALLIC. And, I can't get another R6P Car. When my salesman called me and wanted to know if I wanted to change anything as the order was going in, I should have changed then to the SS. It's still a nice car. But, I get a lot of Oh, its a
V-6 and you can talk to your blue in the face that is is 304HP. It's still a V-6 even if it is GM's pride and joy of a V-6. Ahhhhh
Rdditten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #39
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
You might want to think about waiting until 2012, because the interior is supposedly getting redone.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #40
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
As of right now, we have 30 posts (this one included) and 628 views. That is a huge proportion of unregistered support.

Of all Camaro buyers, only a few are enthusiasts. Enthusiasts are, however, the largest proportion of aftermarket buyers when it comes to forced induction. On Camaro5 alone, we have the largest collection of Camaro enthusiasts, so this is a fair barometer of interest in any given part. Using this as a basis for some numbers, let's use this thread to do some calculations.

With 628 views, let's assume that 25% of those viewers purchase a $5,000supercharger kit within 1 year of the first available kit assuming that the first and following kits do not cause catastrophic powertrain problems. That is exactly 157 purchase resulting in $785,000 in revenue. This will of course be distributed among all of the companies that release kits in that first year. The first kit to come out with be reputed to be the original backers of the 5th generation Camaro V6, thus earning the most sales and support from buyers. Even if 4 kits all come out in the first year on exactly the same day and earn exactly the same number of sales, the revenue from that single kit, using the numbers above, would be $196,250. Another way of coming to this same number is to assume that 1 in 8 views of this thread to this moment have purchased one of these kits. Remember that this math excludes people who are not members of Camaro5 and people who have not viewed this thread. Results could be substantially higher. I have trouble believing that a number approaching $200,000 per year in revenue is not enough to justify a supercharger kit, especially since the vast majority of thread viewers are going to be seriously considering a kit and since the expenses of producing such a kit would be a one-time expense while the sales would continue as long as this Camaro powertrain is in production.

BlownChevy, you asked me to show you $5,000. I've now shown you $785,000 in one year.

Those are BIG ifs If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

This is something that IS on the radar for us, trust me when I tell you....once we get into development it will the perfect system. Done RIGHT.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #41
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
What is the lead time on something like this once it gets the go ahead as a full blown project?
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Those are BIG ifs If it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

This is something that IS on the radar for us, trust me when I tell you....once we get into development it will the perfect system. Done RIGHT.
Let's play with the numbers a little more. Rather than using deduction, as I used as a source of logic for the previous post, let's use some other logical paths of reason.

In the previous post, I assumed that a supercharger kit would cost $5,000. That seems a little low anyway, so I'm bumping my figure to $6,500. I would pay a maximum of this amount, so this is feasible to me if the kit is worthy, from a name brand, and offers some sort of backing by the manufacturer.

If only 10 people order the kit, it earns $65,000 in revenue. Does that seem like a fair number? My recommendation would be to release the product and have a group buy 8 months later with a discount of $500 to keep sales going. Obviously, the manufacturer will mark up the kit enough to still profit at this point. With aggressive advertising, this could be the forced induction kit for the V6 Camaro. In this thread alone, 9 members indicated a specific interest in superchargers and 6 members indicated either an interest in turbochargers or an interest in considering this as an option. This does not consider the people who have viewed the thread but are not posting in it. In other words, 9 people are sure supercharger sales to somebody, and 6 people are likely sales to somebody. I see those 5 people as on the fence. These are prospects waiting to be sold somewhere, and they will be sold somewhere.

Let's light a fire under someone and make something happen. I understand that this computer is hard to crack, so let's put this in another light. More time spent on cracking it is more money in R&D. If someone beats you to the kit, all 15 sales could go to the person who beat you, meaning that you might be waiting a while to recoup your investment.

If it helps any, I'll be happy to contribute my car as the Camaro LS supercharged or turbocharged show car to whomever gets to the finish line first.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote